Cecil the Lion

May Day 10

Who gives two Sh*ts about a lion. There are more important things to be concerned about.

You can't kill an animal with a name like Cecil the Lion without 99% of the world agreeing it was a really terrible thing.

The problem is that it's such a simple observation that ultimately everyone has to chime in on the topic, and the more they chime in, the louder the crowd gets. Before long, people start discussing what they would do to the guy who killed the lion.

These are time times we need to be reminded of the words of Inspector Kemp. A riot is an ugly thing...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was wrong in so many ways. I happened to see the Jimmy Kimmel show when he said what someone else posted earlier. Well done Jimmy.

I have a feeling that this guy is not going to have much of a dental practice when all is said and done.

As an aside, I also happened to see yesterday that there is only one male northern white rhino left in the world and he is being protected by armed guard.

Very sad.

I'm not disagreeing with you, because I'm not a hunter .... but how many gun-toting hunters have been killed by animals?

Mind you ... I am not anti-hunting (for food) by any means. My question is a serious one.

QUITE a few. It happens. The professional hunters running things are there to make sure the clients don't buy it...but it's not unheard of for the pros to get nailed. It's tough to find stories right now, since 1) they're usually not internationally reported, and 2) everything's taken up by this yahoo lion hunter right now, but I did find three stories of pros killed by game this year (two elephant, one Cape buffalo - which are nasty, nasty animals.) It also happens more rarely than it did 30 years ago...simply because there's more tourism and less hunting, and what hunting there is is done more on private concessions that are less "wild," so shooting is possible at longer ranges. But it does happen.

I'm trying to find info on how many hunting licenses are issued, to put that in perspective. I think Zimbabwe's web site is running on an old IBM PCjr, it's so slow.

This was wrong in so many ways. I happened to see the Jimmy Kimmel show when he said what someone else posted earlier. Well done Jimmy.

I have a feeling that this guy is not going to have much of a dental practice when all is said and done.

As an aside, I also happened to see yesterday that there is only one male northern white rhino left in the world and he is being protected by armed guard.

Very sad.

Fortunately, the southern white rhino still exists. The white rhino would have gone extinct naturally quite some time ago, if it weren't for human protection.

And that rhino they show in the Kimmel video? I think that might be a white rhino (hard to tell, but the ears and head look like it, and what I see of the mouth doesn't look like a black rhino). Most if not all white rhino hunts are "canned" these days. You can't just go out and stalk one. Most often, you buy a license, someone brings you to a concession, shows you a rhino in a fenced-in field, you shoot it, and the "hunt" is over.

So if that is a white rhino, then that guy is likely a real !@#$.

To relate this to the Bills, Aaron Williams is a big hunter and even he has spoken out against this. To that end, every hunter I know has come out against this case.

This wasnt hunting for food. This wasnt target practice or else tin cans would do. This was killing a big beautiful creature just to make some small man feel more powerful.

Pathetic, disgusting, and he deserves whatever happens to him from this point on. I hope hes ruined for the rest of his life.

Fortunately, the southern white rhino still exists. The white rhino would have gone extinct naturally quite some time ago, if it weren't for human protection.

And that rhino they show in the Kimmel video? I think that might be a white rhino (hard to tell, but the ears and head look like it, and what I see of the mouth doesn't look like a black rhino). Most if not all white rhino hunts are "canned" these days. You can't just go out and stalk one. Most often, you buy a license, someone brings you to a concession, shows you a rhino in a fenced-in field, you shoot it, and the "hunt" is over.

So if that is a white rhino, then that guy is likely a real !@#$.

wow.

very interesting stuff

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/world/northern-rhino-dies/index.html

QUITE a few. It happens. The professional hunters running things are there to make sure the clients don't buy it...but it's not unheard of for the pros to get nailed. It's tough to find stories right now, since 1) they're usually not internationally reported, and 2) everything's taken up by this yahoo lion hunter right now, but I did find three stories of pros killed by game this year (two elephant, one Cape buffalo - which are nasty, nasty animals.) It also happens more rarely than it did 30 years ago...simply because there's more tourism and less hunting, and what hunting there is is done more on private concessions that are less "wild," so shooting is possible at longer ranges. But it does happen.

I'm trying to find info on how many hunting licenses are issued, to put that in perspective. I think Zimbabwe's web site is running on an old IBM PCjr, it's so slow.

Thanks. I did try to find out, but like you said, anything hunting-related brings up this ass clown.

That shouldn't affect your judgement one iota. (& I'm sure it doesn't)

Oh sure, spoil my fun.

"Professional hunter" is the job he has, and the license he holds. He is, in fact, a decidedly unprofessional hunter. And an unprofessional killer, for that matter.

Actually, isn't he more of a 'John Hunter' considering how much he paid for the ability to shoot Cecil?

I'll have to check out his Yelp page....I do confess a weakness for enjoying internet justice.

In that situation I bet a bow and arrow may actually be a fair fight, in fact the shark may have the advantage

If the dentist wants to go after an apex predator why not try a great white, while free diving armed with a knife