Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

This what I like to harp on to Brady apologists: had he just been honest and forthright about the phone, and provided whatever he did for the appeal it would have looked sketchy as hell but the NFL could have swept it under the rug.

This way...it's an obvious coverup.

Would have been a $25,000 fine and have gone quietly away.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

appropriate

Right?

People are always bitching and complaining on Facebook, it's like a forum for people to post things that they think other people care about or want to hear. I think I'd pull the "show less of Tom Brady" feature.

Edit: It wouldn't surprise me if he's getting some sort of endorsement fee for posting it there.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well yeah, he will...Week 6 for the Colts. Even the worse case scenario should have Brady as primary. Even if they lose all four games without him (unlikely since one is against the Jags) 10-6 and the playoffs is highly likely and then it won't matter.

fast fact

Luck is 0 for 4 against the Pats***

This is simply an untrue statement. I'm not surprised Brady needs to say it. Bottom line, again, is that Brady destroyed the SPECIFIC phone and records requested by Wells and the records he DID turnover were irrelevant and months too late, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe I am off here...but as I understand it he turned over, in spreadsheet form, all of the numbers that he called or texted during the timeframe Wells requested.

However, this is what bothers me NoSaint

1) only turns over that sheet once phone company confirms the texts and calls cannot be retrieved. He did not do this until the appeal hearing. Why he not turn that over as soon as the Wells report was released and he knew he would appeal? Give the NFL plenty of time to investigate? The timing is just very suspicious, as is the timing of the phone being destroyed.

2) do you think any friend of Tom Brady is going to turn over their phone at the request of the NFL? He knows this as well. So what good does having the numbers do? And what happens when every one of those people have a new phone and messages can no longer be retrieved?

Edited by plenzmd1

Maybe I am off here...but as I understand it he turned over, in spreadsheet form, all of the numbers that he called or texted during the timeframe Wells requested.

However, this is what bothers me NoSaint

1) only turns over that sheet once phone company confirms the texts and calls cannot be retrieved. He did not do this until the appeal hearing. Why he not turn that over as soon as the Wells report was released and he knew he would appeal? Give the NFL plenty of time to investigate? The timing is just very suspicious, as is the timing of the phone being destroyed.

2) do you think any friend of Tom Brady is going to turn over their phone at the request of the NFL? He knows this as well. So what good does having the numbers do?

I'll add to that:

3) Brady is the person that is under obligation to cooperate with the investigation fully, as per the NFL's policy relating to issues affecting the integrity of the game. The individuals that he texted may not be, so there's no guarantee that they'd surrender their texts without some kind of court order, which the NFL probably wouldn't be able to secure.

Dan Shaughnessy probably wrote that article weeks ago -- no one upsets Boston 'tards more than he does. And yeah, he's right.

I always equate him with Bucky and Sully....so I never really take anything he writes seriously, even if I agree with him. Just an awful columnist.

The wells quote that most have pointed to the whole way, and toms quote today, side by side for context

Timing is critical here. Wells requested the information for his investigation, while Brady refers to a period after the Vincent ruling was handed out. It also contradicts Goodell's claim that the Brady camp hadn't provided the information prior to the appeal, but at the appeal hearing.

I fall back on the truism that the easiest explanation is probably the correct one. The NFL has nothing to gain by selectively punishing its most successful franchise and a future HoF* QB with a half-assed witch hunt. For the league to impose a record fine, take away two high picks and sit the star QB for a quarter of a season means they had a lot more dirt on this case than what they're putting out publicly. There's a reason Kraft walked away quietly.

I always equate him with Bucky and Sully....so I never really take anything he writes seriously, even if I agree with him. Just an awful columnist.

I don't think he's a bad columnist, but he's certainly the town contrarian.

Most of the Sully stuff I've read is just dumb.

Maybe I am off here...but as I understand it he turned over, in spreadsheet form, all of the numbers that he called or texted during the timeframe Wells requested. ...

He did not. Wells requested specific records for a specific timeframe from a phone Brady destroyed. And MONTHS before Brady offered anything at all. If anything, it looks contemptuous on Brady's part to offer non-relevant records from a non-relevant phone months after Wells made the initial request for compliance.

It's all in the commissioner's final report filed in federal court yesterday.

I'm sure that Brady's legal team will improve upon Brady's Facebook pleadings, but for now I put a helluva lot more credence in an official court document.

GO BILLS!!!

By moving this to the courts, Disgraced QB Tom Brady** will be doing nothing more than keeping the focus on it longer and making him and the organization look worse and worse. The suspended games are almost inconsequential to me now. If he thinks any kind of judgement by the courts will somehow 'clear his name' at this point he is insane. Any reasonable person understands that he is absolutely involved up to his dreamy eyeballs, regardless of what happens from here on out.

I still hold out hope that by making this move, it will somehow result in some other information coming forward blowing the doors off some other systematic cheating scandal(s) within the organization. I get chills thinking about it.

Edited by stevewin

Whatever side of Deflategate you're on, in the trial everyone should be pulling for Brady. It's absolutely criminal that Goodell is given power of prosecution, ruling and sentencing in disciplinary disputes. This blatant conflict of interest has been Goodell's MO since becoming commissioner, and the league's credibility has been severely and repeatedly tainted as a result.

Brady seems to have a good case IMO. The evidence against him was flimsy at best, very incomplete, and highly circumstantial. The league's presumption of guilt since the inception of the controversy discredits their claims of objectivity. This whole process smells of a kangaroo court led by a corrupt small town sheriff who also happens to be judge, jury and prosecution.

I agree with the perception the Patriots under Belichick have a history of bending the rules, cheating if you will, to gain competitive advantage. That being said, the NFL under Goodell has been a far worse violator of ethics code. An unchecked bastion of corruption and cronyism run amok. The NFL led by Goodell are the ones most deserving to be on trial, and I'm happy to see that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Timing is critical here. Wells requested the information for his investigation, while Brady refers to a period after the Vincent ruling was handed out. It also contradicts Goodell's claim that the Brady camp hadn't provided the information prior to the appeal, but at the appeal hearing. ...

Perhaps I misread it in Goodell's 20 page final report, but I think he said Brady provided the records 5 days before the hearing.

And they certainly WEREN'T the records Wells requested.

GO BILLS!!!