Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved this gem from the comments:

"As much as I hate the thought of it-- especially since I had so much pride-- it looks like the Pats and Brady are no different than any other organization or human."

No different huh? So all other organizations and humans are lying cheating entitled scumbags lacking integrity and moral compass? Even when they recognize that denial is no longer plausible, Cheats fans continue to grasp at any straws they can to justify this. Incredible.

Tom Brady's response. Of course he would use Facebook. 😑

@ejleven: Tom Bradys facebook, in short: Why the hell should I have given them my phone? https://t.co/xn3uLcFyn7http://t.co/Scr1Xie62p

Worth noting that he says he turned over his relevant emails, call logs and that he says there were no relevant texts on the phone and the carrier wouldn't/couldn't restore them?

Isn't that exactly what many, including wells, said he refused to do? If all he needed to do was voluntarily self report and not physically let wells have the phone- would that satisfy that request, in theory? Maybe I've misunderstood quotes along the way but it seems like a pretty substantial point that they are disagreeing on

Edited by NoSaint

Worth noting that he says he turned over his relevant emails, call logs and that he says there were no relevant texts on the phone and the carrier wouldn't/couldn't restore them?

Isn't that exactly what many, including wells, said he refused to do? If all he needed to do was voluntarily self report and not physically let wells have the phone- would that satisfy that request, in theory?

"He said, she said"

"He said, she said"

It's a pretty big one though. Wells claims they got nothing and requested the minimum and Brady seems to be saying he turned over what was requested. In the idea of determining who is acting in good faith this seems like a major and clear cut point for one of the camps

Isn't that exactly what many, including wells, said he refused to do? If all he needed to do was voluntarily self report and not physically let wells have the phone- would that satisfy that request, in theory?

He turned over a spreadsheet purporting to be a record of his calls.

But NOT from the phone that Wells had requested the records from, which was the phone he destroyed. It was also from an OLDER PHONE, which kind of shatters his assertion that he destroys phones every four months.

And he didn't the records over until months after they were requested and the investigation concluded.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

But NOT from the phone that Wells had requested the records from, which was the phone he destroyed. It was also from an OLDER PHONE, which kind of shatters his assertion that he destroys phones every four months.

And he didn't the records over until months after they were requested and the investigation concluded.

GO BILLS!!!

His statement was something along the lines of from the relevant requested period-- and if he was free to self screen, why wouldn't a spreadsheet be fine?

This I'm genuinely trying to reconcile wells and Brady, not campaign so any info is surely appreciated

Tom Brady's response. Of course he would use Facebook.

@ejleven: Tom Bradys facebook, in short: Why the hell should I have given them my phone? https://t.co/xn3uLcFyn7http://t.co/Scr1Xie62p

:lol: I love the responses. "Oh, ok Tom, it was a little suspicious that you needed to destroy your phone that was the subject of an investigation about the day you were to be investigated, but now that you told us that you had no intention of providing it to investigators in the first place, it makes perfect sense, and is 100% ok in my book!"

His statement was something along the lines of from the relevant requested period-- and if he was free to self screen, why wouldn't a spreadsheet be fine?

This I'm genuinely trying to reconcile wells and Brady, not campaign so any info is surely appreciated

Brady needed to turn over specific records from a specific phone in a specific time frame. He did not.

GO BILLS!!!

Brady needed to turn over specific records from a specific phone in a specific time frame. He did not.

GO BILLS!!!

we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no smoking gun

And I want to be crystal clear, I told Mr. Brady and his agents I was willing to not take possession of the phone, I dont want to see any private communications, I said, You keep the phone, you give me documents that are responsive to this investigation, and I will take your word for it. And they still refused."

The wells quote that most have pointed to the whole way, and toms quote today, side by side for context

Edited by NoSaint

It's a pretty big one though. Wells claims they got nothing and requested the minimum and Brady seems to be saying he turned over what was requested. In the idea of determining who is acting in good faith this seems like a major and clear cut point for one of the camps

It reads as though he turned over something after the investigation and prior to his appeal hearing. Not sure if that affects his status as being uncooperative, but if that's true, then it would at least explain the NFL's willingness to negotiate a reduced suspension.

GO BILLS!!!

This what I like to harp on to Brady apologists: had he just been honest and forthright about the phone, and provided whatever he did for the appeal it would have looked sketchy as hell but the NFL could have swept it under the rug.

This way...it's an obvious coverup.

Occum's Shaver dude. Occum's Shaver.

It reads as though he turned over something after the investigation and prior to his appeal hearing. Not sure if that affects his status as being uncooperative, but if that's true, then it would at least explain the NFL's willingness to negotiate a reduced suspension.

I'll agree timing seems to be the issue but at the very least it's a pretty large shift from the discussions we've been having here

GO BILLS!!!

we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no smoking gun

This is simply an untrue statement. I'm not surprised Brady needs to say it. Bottom line, again, is that Brady destroyed the SPECIFIC phone and records requested by Wells and the records he DID turnover were irrelevant and months too late, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!