Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

Just because the union didn't succeed in revoking an unethical practice by the league as part of their agreement doesn't mean the players who are victimized don't have a case. The NFL will very much be on trial here.

Look, I'm typically pro-Union, but if it unacceptable the players had every right to strike. But they didn't.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Not from the phone that was relevant, and I'm not sure about this but it was just a list, not the spreadsheet people are discussing.

That's correct.

He has not provided anything from the destroyed phone. Even if he did, you'd have to question it. Cell phone companies aren't legally required to give customers old text messages back, that only comes from a subpena. So he could say whatever he wanted was on that destroyed phone.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

That's correct.

He has not provided anything from the destroyed phone. Even if he did, you'd have to question it. Cell phone companies aren't legally required to give customers old text messages back, that only comes from a subpena. So he could say whatever he wanted was on that destroyed phone.

Exactly. And since Brady really wasn't required by law to hand over the phone, and he could have said no, even though Wells said we will believe you at first if you give us a list, why would the NFL later, after the appeal, believe any spreadsheet of numbers after Brady said he destroyed it the day of the appeal. That's why the NFL said the spreadsheet was not practical. It was preposterous.

Brady's issues are plentiful but IMO go back to sheer arrogance. Brady: "no one in the Patriots organization" did anything wrong. Really? Why did they suspend the ball boys & accept the fine and loss of draft picks?

Or how about the fact that he says "the NFL has ALL relevant communication from the Patriots and himself".... I mean c'mon.

Perhaps I misread it in Goodell's 20 page final report, but I think he said Brady provided the records 5 days before the hearing.

And they certainly WEREN'T the records Wells requested.

GO BILLS!!!

They wanted the text messages...Brady destroyed the text messages---end of story.

They go to federal court this pesky little issue of destroying evidence comes into play. BTW the phone company or NSA still has the text messages that the court can obtain.

Brady's issues are plentiful but IMO go back to sheer arrogance. Brady: "no one in the Patriots organization" did anything wrong. Really? Why did they suspend the ball boys & accept the fine and loss of draft picks?

It's really coming off like the Lance Armstrong situation.

Why do you keep referring to a non relevant phone. The spreadsheet contains all the numbers that Brady either texted or called from the destroyed phone...but what cannot be retrieved are the actually text or VMs.

I keep referring to it because that's what the commissioner's report said. Read page 11 'C. Did Mr. Brady Refuse to cooperate with the Investigation'

Long story short, Brady did not provide the relevant information from the specific phone Wells requested months earlier.

GO BILLS!!!

I keep referring to it because that's what the commissioner's report said. Read page 11 'C. Did Mr. Brady Refuse to cooperate with the Investigation'

Long story short, Brady did not provide the relevant information from the specific phone Wells requested months earlier.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea but, but, but Brady says that "the NFL had ALL relevant communications from the Patriots and himself..."

Haha, it's laughable.

It's possible he's right. It's also possible that 55 outrageous coincidences happened in a row.

Oh wait, no it's not. Carry on.

It will very interesting to see how much Belicheat had Brady's back during his presser. In the one before the SB, he really seemed to distance himself.

the grumbler is now 15 30 minutes late to his 9:30AM presser

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You know, if he has an assistant who can destroy his phone, he could just as easily avoided this whole mess by asking "Yo, Boy Friday...let me borrow your phone. I've got to send some texts."

i mean, out of the gate i feel like he did it, and i would have assumed him to be smart enough to not create written evidence directly from him. i mean, outside of a text/voicemail from his phone, or an email from his account -- there arent many more damning things he could create, short of an instructional video on how to do it for the goon squad.

assuming the destroyed phone is because he had a text saying "deflate them to 11.5" - it would be incredible the level of stupid, and from a guy thats well versed in paparazzi and potential for scandal, and....

Edited by NoSaint

Florio is making an even bigger ass of himself now than he has in his recent sleazeball past, which is no small feat.

He's complaining that the NFL didn't INCREASE Brady's suspension after the smoking gun of the cell phone, so they must not really believe it was all that bad.

i mean, out of the gate i feel like he did it, and i would have assumed him to be smart enough to not create written evidence directly from him. i mean, outside of a text/voicemail from his phone, or an email from his account -- there arent many more damning things he could create, short of an instructional video on how to do it for the goon squad.

assuming the destroyed phone is because he had a text saying "deflate them to 11.5" - it would be incredible the level of stupid, and from a guy thats well versed in paparazzi and potential for scandal, and....

It really is amazing that the guy would do something so silly as to destroy his phone. The conflict between Goodell's ruling (which states that Brady claimed it to be a regular practice) and Brady's FB post (which claims the phone was broken and needed to be replaced) presents quite the he-said/she-said.

Florio is making an even bigger ass of himself now than he has in his recent sleazeball past, which is no small feat.

He's complaining that the NFL didn't INCREASE Brady's suspension after the smoking gun of the cell phone, so they must not really believe it was all that bad.

Florio has really gone off the deep end with this saga. He wants so badly to play both sides of the outrage table; it's really kind of annoying.