Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

jastremski is a real Polish name and not an anglicization.

There are 32 letters in the polish alphabet so there is at least good chance that it's not.

Only Jazzy John can tell us.

I'm partial to Yaz.....from my fathers hometown in LI and same birthday as mine. Too bad he played for wrong team. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 32 letters in the polish alphabet so there is at least good chance that it's not.

Only Jazzy John can tell us.

I'm partial to Yaz.....from my fathers hometown in LI and same birthday as mine. Too bad he played for wrong team. :thumbsup:

Yep--Long Island potato farming background as i recall. And yes, wrong team!!

Deadspin, as usual, taking shots at those that take things incredibly serious.

http://deadspin.com/shut-up-about-tom-bradys-legacy-1727982258

i do enjoy this line:

Or this:

And here’s ESPN’s Jeffri Chadiha asserting that no appeals process can possibly “keep the taint off his legacy,” which evokes images of Chadiha smirkingly teabagging a printout of Brady’s career accomplishments. Where will the taint go, Tom? Will it go... on the legacy????

Or this:

And [/size]here’s ESPN’s Jeffri Chadiha asserting that no appeals process can possibly “keep the taint off his legacy,” which evokes images of Chadiha smirkingly teabagging a printout of Brady’s career accomplishments. [/size]Where will the taint go, Tom? Will it go... on the legacy????

I wonder if this guy would have written the same article about Lance Armstrong at the beginning of

I wonder if this guy would have written the same article about Lance Armstrong at the beginning of

Oops, misfire--his scandal, before everything was known/confirmed about him? I doubt it, since the guy's seems to obviously be a Pats* fan seeking solely to minimize the scandal plaguing his hero, but who knows? Some may have blown this out of proportion (it's only sports after all), but most folks believe that the rules should be followed, while others root for the Cheats*.....

Oops, misfire--his scandal, before everything was known/confirmed about him? I doubt it, since the guy's seems to obviously be a Pats* fan seeking solely to minimize the scandal plaguing his hero, but who knows? Some may have blown this out of proportion (it's only sports after all), but most folks believe that the rules should be followed, while others root for the Cheats*.....

He's talking to you, Rocco....

To be fair, deadspin seems to take this opinion with all scandal or drama.... Fundamentally I think they feel like the idea of protecting the shield and the integrity of the game being intensely sacred are journalistic creations that feed off our need to be outraged. They literally have sections of their nfl coverage dedicated to mocking reporters that act like the minutiae of the league is where we find the great truths of humanity. It gets out of hand sometimes. If this happened in 1979, do any of us think twice about Brady's legacy being completely destroyed? Probably not.

Stepping away from Brady, its easy to buy that we draw a lot of arbitrary lines regarding our outrage in sports.

I've hit KtD a few times with comments that he's perhaps too emotionally invested in this but have in turn been surprised by his ability to separate out that he thinks TB is a jerk that cheated, but also a hall of fame qb even without the acts. (Really our takes aren't that far off, simply a matter of what issues bother us more)

Edited by NoSaint

To be fair, deadspin seems to take this opinion with all scandal or drama.... Fundamentally I think they feel like the idea of protecting the shield and the integrity of the game being intensely sacred are journalistic creations that feed off our need to be outraged. They literally have sections of their nfl coverage dedicated to mocking reporters that act like the minutiae of the league is where we find the great truths of humanity. It gets out of hand sometimes. If this happened in 1979, do any of us think twice about Brady's legacy being completely destroyed? Probably not.

Stepping away from Brady, its easy to buy that we draw a lot of arbitrary lines regarding our outrage in sports.

I've hit KtD a few times with comments that he's perhaps too emotionally invested in this but have in turn been surprised by his ability to separate out that he thinks TB is a jerk that cheated, but also a hall of fame qb even without the acts. (Really our takes aren't that far off, simply a matter of what issues bother us more)

Thanks, and exactly.

I think it bothers me way, way more that Brady just flat denied it, and Kraft went to demand an apology, and the Patriots refused to let Wells interview Needledee and Needledum and then did all the crap,with the phone than the actual act. I don't think it helped them win (although obviously they did or they wouldn't do it). I don't think it made Brady a better player. I don't think the fumble thing is true. I am pissed that he clearly cheated and then just flat denied it and said absolutely insane reasons for it, and people think that is okay. Or that the league is trying to screw him over.

Brady was open to serving 1-game ban | Ruling likely by Friday

screw him and a 1 game ban. Take 2 fool and get on with it.

.... the NFL appeared poised to offer to shorten Brady's four-game suspension by two games, provided he accept some responsibility. But no offer was made because discussions never reached that point.

.... the NFL appeared poised to offer to shorten Brady's four-game suspension by two games, provided he accept some responsibility. But no offer was made because discussions never reached that point.

No one likes to make an offer that is rejected outright. My guess is if Brady was willing to accept that his camp would have signaled so and they would have made a deal.

Tom Brady’s six-year marriage to Gisele Bundchen is in dangerous territory. A source close to the world’s highest-paid model, 35, and the $13 million-plus-a-year NFL pro, 38, reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly they’ve been having intense fights since he was hit with a four-game suspension in May.

“Tom’s become very nasty and irritable and started acting out on her,” says the source of the pair, who didn’t celebrate their summer birthdays together

Edited by ALF

Tom Brady’s six-year marriage to Gisele Bundchen is in dangerous territory. A source close to the world’s highest-paid model, 35, and the $13 million-plus-a-year NFL pro, 38, reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly they’ve been having intense fights since he was hit with a four-game suspension in May.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gisele-bundchen-threatened-tom-brady-with-divorce-201529

“Tom’s become very nasty and irritable and started acting out on her,” says the source of the pair, who didn’t celebrate their summer birthdays together

I heard that some of their arguments were...

G: But honey, you did it and you lied.

T: No, I didn't!

G: I'm not a moron!

Tom Bradys six-year marriage to Gisele Bundchen is in dangerous territory. A source close to the worlds highest-paid model, 35, and the $13 million-plus-a-year NFL pro, 38, reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly theyve been having intense fights since he was hit with a four-game suspension in May.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gisele-bundchen-threatened-tom-brady-with-divorce-201529

Toms become very nasty and irritable and started acting out on her, says the source of the pair, who didnt celebrate their summer birthdays together

Dibs.

Or this:

And here’s ESPN’s Jeffri Chadiha asserting that no appeals process can possibly “keep the taint off his legacy,” which evokes images of Chadiha smirkingly teabagging a printout of Brady’s career accomplishments. Where will the taint go, Tom? Will it go... on the legacy????

Tom "The Taint" Brady"

US Weekly's articles tend to be.......inflated.