Questions regarding Seantrel Henderson - IDK?

San-O

Henderson appears to be in Ryan's dog house, or has fallen out of favor.

Training camp starts in a few days and there are two reporting dates that I see.

1. Voluntary reporting

2. Mandatory reporting

Questions re: Seantrel Henderson

o Will he show up on time voluntary date?

o Will he show up on time mandatory date?

o What is the difference?

o Assuming players are weighed during mini-camps, will show up over weight?

o Can the Bills really afford to be cutting a RT who actually started last year?

o Will he outplay Cyrus K.?

Myself, I can't see any scenario that the Bills actually cut him. Period.

They have already given up on Richardson too. These guys are still young and developing. I don't think anyone can say for sure what's going to happen until they put the pads on

Link?

They have already given up on Richardson too. These guys are still young and developing. I don't think anyone can say for sure what's going to happen until they put the pads on

Maybe he's just that horrible. 2nd 5th round pick that couldn't get on the field with one of the worst OG tandems in the NFL.

Edited by San-O

Hendy's not necessarily in the doghouse. I'd bet they view him as a LT and the heir-apparent to Cordy if his contract demands get out of hand.

That's looking down the road a bit, but basically you envision a Jason Peters type situation...

It definitely reads like this to me. Pretty similar to the Robert Woods demotion last year in the preseason. I could definitely still see Henderson winning this job. Whaley probably made it very clear that his 2nd round guy get a fair shake vs. his 7th round guy. This could be Rex going through the motions to some degree, figuring it doesn't matter much at this early stage. It really would be best if Kouandjio won the RT job, and Henderson becomes swing and an option for LT down the road. Actually, either way is fine, as long as Kouandjio isn't really a bust. It will be very sad if he flames out totally.

Konjo starting over Henderson is really not a surprise IMO. Konjo was a second round pick with knee issues. If those knee issues are gone, we may have two good OT's if Henderson can play up to his potential.

It definitely reads like this to me. Pretty similar to the Robert Woods demotion last year in the preseason. I could definitely still see Henderson winning this job. Whaley probably made it very clear that his 2nd round guy get a fair shake vs. his 7th round guy. This could be Rex going through the motions to some degree, figuring it doesn't matter much at this early stage. It really would be best if Kouandjio won the RT job, and Henderson becomes swing and an option for LT down the road. Actually, either way is fine, as long as Kouandjio isn't really a bust. It will be very sad if he flames out totally.

I agree with all of this.

Henderson appears to be in Ryan's dog house, or has fallen out of favor.

Why do you say that ?

I think they were just trying to light a fire under Hendy.

What did I miss ? Are there some reports that say he is being sidelined ? I thought that up to this point, all linemen were getting reps to see who fits where. Also heard that CyrusK may be doing well. But where are the negative reports re: Henderson ?

Konjo starting over Henderson is really not a surprise IMO. Konjo was a second round pick with knee issues. If those knee issues are gone, we may have two good OT's if Henderson can play up to his potential.

I agree with all of this.

I think in his rookie year, CyrusK's issues were more mental than physical.

Why do you say that ?

What did I miss ? Are there some reports that say he is being sidelined ? I thought that up to this point, all linemen were getting reps to see who fits where. Also heard that CyrusK may be doing well. But where are the negative reports re: Henderson ?

from OTAs... He has taken a backseat to Cyrus on the RT starting role. Missed some of the Ota sessions, Rex not excited about this. I'll try to find the thread

But ultimately as others have said, he's not going anywhere unless he really screws up OFF the field. We have no depth at the position, he has a year of starter experience, and he's cheap. That's the trifecta of making the team.

Looming out there is the contract situation with Cordy Glenn.......and the huge contract that are going to have to be given to Marcel, Gilmore, etc etc

One of two things really need to happen here

- Henderson really needs to work out...he has the physical abiility (a very good athlete for a OL) to be the LT of the future......if Kujo sticks I really think it is gonna have to be at RT......because we have our 1st round pick back again and we really need to be aggressive in aquiring a QB early

0r

- It happens the way everyone is hoping that it happens........EJ Manuel actually rounds into form this year......Tyrod Taylor shows enough to stick at the back spot........and we are able to draft a OT in the first round of next years draft......

I of course hope that BOTH of these things happen........

Henderson was a great 7th round pick. However, he wasn't good. He is very replaceable. He is as talented as any OT in the NFL. The reason he was there in the 7th is because he has very questionable work ethic and decision making. Personally, I don't have high expectations because he strikes me as very immature. But if he ever did grow up and live up to his immense potential, he could be a pro bowler. He is found money in the laundry.

Henderson was a great 7th round pick. However, he wasn't good. He is very replaceable. He is as talented as any OT in the NFL. The reason he was there in the 7th is because he has very questionable work ethic and decision making. Personally, I don't have high expectations because he strikes me as very immature. But if he ever did grow up and live up to his immense potential, he could be a pro bowler. He is found money in the laundry.

I wonder what he would be worth in trade value?