3 Bills among 20 vets likely to be cut during training camp

BmarvB

Don't click that link from mobile! It does the load reload load reload repeatedly and from what I can tell it is a slide show...

I don't think Fred will be cut though it wouldn't surprise me to see him hang it up before the season starts. Kind of a hey Fred we want to give you the option to go out on your own. No matter what happens I think we can all safely assume he will not be suiting up next year (2016) in the NFL.

EJ has a very modest contract , fully guaranteed.

Flash might have trade value, a lot of depth here at WR

Fred might be on the bubble if Karlos Williams and Bryce Brown look good.

the website cant even make up its mind ... 15 or 20? the thread addy says ....15-nfl-veterans-......

I'd hate to see Fred go, but I am mentally preparing myself if it happens to not be uber ticked off.

>> I hate threads like that where you need to load TWICE to move to the next in the list.

EJ #15?? MEH stands the better chance in the list

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I hope Fred can hold on for one more year. I would love to see him at least get one playoff game before it's over.

Goodwin, I think, was not utilized properly and I'm hoping Roman can make him an asset. Hoping.

I think "Slow Eyes" is gone, unless Taylor is absolutely horrible in camp. Simms will be holding the clipboard.

I can't wait for the season to start so people will stop writing this stuff.

You would think, that if these writers really did think the Bills were going to cut their 1st round QB pick in his rookie contract, with basically no cap savings, when he's at least shown a couple flashes, however brief, they would be writing about the incompetency of our organization instead of including him on lists like this.

I really don't like to give sites like that the "clicks". Fred may go - if he's really lost it. If Bryce Brown has become "superblocker guy" and developed hands and visions it is possible he could beat Fred out, but I'm not betting the rent - I think it's Fred's spot to lose, but he could lose it.

Edit: I'm thinking the EJ Manuel cut is just a rehash of the OTA rumors. Marquise is more realistic. He better bring his "A" game and learn to block.

Edited by Hopeful

Don't click that link from mobile! It does the load reload load reload repeatedly and from what I can tell it is a slide show...

No kidding! I wish I'd read this first!

After struggling through it, it should have been titled skill position guys who might get cut. I think there was maybe one lineman out of 20 spots? I was hoping for a nice find on an OT.

With Littman out of the picture we shouldn't see a cut-for-profit at the end of the preseason so if anybody gets cut now it will likely be based on inability to perform.

That is a nice feeling to have as a fan.

Once that Ralph realized that the team wasn't going to be good after watching either the offense of defense flounder in preseason it used to be a given that somebody expensive was going to get cut, whether they were $30M under the cap or not.

Sometimes those were good players who could have helped.

I think the last glaring one was Dwan Edwards......who would have been quite useful as the defense was improving but still struggling versus the run in 2012-2013. People forget about him. He'd still be nice to have in the rotation.

He was okay, but if I remember right, his back was sketchy at best, and he had some DUI or something, that contributed to his cut... or maybe I'm mixing him and Alan Branch. I KNOW Branch had that problem, not certain on Dwan. Either way, we had Carrington behind him and I liked him as a player (NOT AT OLB), so I can't say we lost much by cutting him.

He was okay, but if I remember right, his back was sketchy at best, and he had some DUI or something, that contributed to his cut... or maybe I'm mixing him and Alan Branch. I KNOW Branch had that problem, not certain on Dwan. Either way, we had Carrington behind him and I liked him as a player (NOT AT OLB), so I can't say we lost much by cutting him.

I don't think memory serves you well in this case. Edwards is a good character guy and he went on to be a difference-maker for Carolina in 2012. Meanwhile the Bills were putting up some historically bad defensive performances in 2012(and they couldn't stop a run play to save their lives in 2013). Alex Carrington has never amounted to much.