Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Brady won't be getting that independent arbitrator he wanted

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL source: Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal. Yes, the commissioner will hear it. More on this story soon.

Love or hate the pats, this seems silly on the NFLs part. Though I guess they are calling the bluff on threats of lawsuit here. RG can say screw you and odds are Brady doesn't push it?

Otherwise just do an independent and let it play out

So... Brady won't be getting that independent arbitrator he wanted

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL source: Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal. Yes, the commissioner will hear it. More on this story soon.

Can't decide if this is Goodell having some balls or willing to show he has none when he caves.

I'm the optimistic type, so until something comes out to make me believe otherwise, I'm hoping if not thinking this is a sign he's not going to put up with their crap badmouthing the league. It would be sooooooooo very weak if he caved to their nonsense. I don't see it happening although you never know with him.

Love or hate the pats, this seems silly on the NFLs part. Though I guess they are calling the bluff on threats of lawsuit here. RG can say screw you and odds are Brady doesn't push it?

Otherwise just do an independent and let it play out

I can't even imagine the Pats actually going through with a lawsuit. I know they will threaten. I think there is no chance they do it.

I guess they could gamble and hope the NFL caved at the last second and settled but that would be an enormous gamble.

Kind of want to give Roger kudos for having the balls to do this. He knows it will cause wailing and gnashing from all sides, but I think ultimately he's actually pissed now and wants to look Brady in the face and dare him to keep lying. He then can give him a big f u if he doesn't like the way he responds.

Sorry if answered in another thread, but if this goes to court- does Brady's phone (or the requested info he won't hand over) become discoverable?

I would think it depends on what's being challenged specifically.

The Patriots are in such denial they are starting to believe their own BS...

Its like the compulsive liar who tells so many lies they actually start to believe their own lies...

Their explanation and reasoning of what happened are so outlandishly ridiculous it would be funny if they weren't serious about it...

The guys called themselves the "deflators" cause they had been losing weight...yeah OK...I guess the needles they were talking about were used to suck the fat out of them? Lmao

There was "no need" to re-interview the equipment guys and it was "excessive" to ask for another interview...funny how they completely cooperated until Wells found something shady he wanted to get clarification from them on, then it all became too much and Wells was the bad guy...

Brady cooperated completely say the Patriots...except they fail to mention as part of his cooperation he intentionally lied to and misled investigators, then refused to give up evidence on his cell phone, even when Wells told Brady and his team he would let them decide what to give them...

The Patriots are like the spoiled brat who thinks they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and make their own rules. Goodell and the NFL act like the parent and put their foot down and refuse to let them do what they want so they through a huge hissy fit and go full on melt down mode thinking they are going to get their "parents" to give in to them.

No chance...they cheated, lied, refused to cooperate and got caught/punished for it. They chose their bed, now they need to lie on it.

Sorry if answered in another thread, but if this goes to court- does Brady's phone (or the requested info he won't hand over) become discoverable?

99.9% chance that it would be discoverable. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure allow for a broad range of discovery, and this would likely be the first thing the NFL requests. However, it could be subject to a protective order, and then only be found out publicly if there is a leak, or it goes to trial and the judge admits it into evidence.

Edited by RyanC883

Goodell basically just gave Kraft and Brady the middle finger by hearing the case himself...

He will listen, yawn and ask if they are done before saying the suspension holds, have a nice day.

Goodell basically just gave Kraft and Brady the middle finger by hearing the case himself...

He will listen, yawn and ask if they are done before saying the suspension holds, have a nice day.

Love it.

They can't appeal those I believe. That is not part of what the NFLPA is responsible for. Only player appeals.

Yep. The club's appeal is a completely separate process.

And Brady's notice of appeal is the first sound statement anyone from the Pats' side of this has ever made. Highlighting the inconsistency and whimsy of Goodell's "my word is law" disciplinary system, and insisting on a truly neutral arbitrator for it. Much better than the team's bizarro-world 20,000 word missive.

No, it doesn't. Section 46 (I think) of the CBA: on appeal, both parties are required to turn over to each other the evidence that they intend to present at appeal, no later than three days before the hearing.

In other words, Brady's phone only becomes "discoverable" if Brady himself decides to enter it into evidence for his appeal.

I've read this CBA four times in the past three days. I actually find it to be entertaining reading, which would cause me to worry about my state of mental health, if I didn't already know I have no mental health.

Yep. The club's appeal is a completely separate process.

And Brady's notice of appeal is the first sound statement anyone from the Pats' side of this has ever made. Highlighting the inconsistency and whimsy of Goodell's "my word is law" disciplinary system, and insisting on a truly neutral arbitrator for it. Much better than the team's bizarro-world 20,000 word missive.

No, it doesn't. Section 46 (I think) of the CBA: on appeal, both parties are required to turn over to each other the evidence that they intend to present at appeal, no later than three days before the hearing.

In other words, Brady's phone only becomes "discoverable" if Brady himself decides to enter it into evidence for his appeal.

I've read this CBA four times in the past three days. I actually find it to be entertaining reading, which would cause me to worry about my state of mental health, if I didn't already know I have no mental health.

An appeal and going to court are 2 seperate things with completely different rules.

Edited by matter2003

absolutely.

this is now about goodell retaining his power granted in the CBA and the NFLPA doing everything they can to whittle away at it.

see you in federal court.