Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me rephrase then. I have serious doubts that Brady wants his phone to be subpoenaed after he refused to give up anything pertaining to the investigation and McNally on the stand when the team refused to let him have a second interview with Wells.

Brady had his reasons to not relinquish any additional text messages which, absent a subpoena, was his right. The million $ question is whether or not he has incriminating info on his phone? If they do indeed proceed ahead with a lawsuit, I think it is safe to say, he isn't worried about being subpoenaed for it. And why would he? It has be thoroughly documented that Wells had all of the electronics communication between Brady and McNally/Jamstsremski.

As far as McNally .... the team made it known in their rebuttal the reasons why they refused additional access in their rebuttal .... as follows: "That agreement was based on an explicit understanding reached with the Wells investigators: barring unanticipated circumstances, individuals would only be interviewed by the Wells investigators one time.

While the report states that certain of Mr. Jastremski’s texts were not “discovered” until after this interview (pg. 75, footnote 47), there is no question that the investigators had all such texts in their possession and available for the questioning. They apparently just overlooked them, identifying them now as a matter they wanted to cover in yet another interview

Although asked numerous times for the reason for their request for yet another interview with Mr. McNally, the Wells investigators never stated the reason that now appears evident from the Report: They had overlooked texts in their earlier interviews and wanted the opportunity to ask about them. This information would have confirmed what is now clear. The request was inconsistent with the interview protocol agreed to at the outset.

TLDR: The Wells team NEVER TOLD THE PATRIOTS OR MCNALLY why they wanted the 5th interview, which is against the protocol THE WELLS TEAM ESTABLISHED"

Brady had his reasons to not relinquish any additional text messages which, absent a subpoena, was his right. The million $ question is whether or not he has incriminating info on his phone? If they do indeed proceed ahead with a lawsuit, I think it is safe to say, he isn't worried about being subpoenaed for it. And why would he? It has be thoroughly documented that Wells had all of the electronics communication between Brady and McNally/Jamstsremski.

As far as McNally .... the team made it known in their rebuttal the reasons why they refused additional access in their rebuttal .... as follows: "That agreement was based on an explicit understanding reached with the Wells investigators: barring unanticipated circumstances, individuals would only be interviewed by the Wells investigators one time.

While the report states that certain of Mr. Jastremski’s texts were not “discovered” until after this interview (pg. 75, footnote 47), there is no question that the investigators had all such texts in their possession and available for the questioning. They apparently just overlooked them, identifying them now as a matter they wanted to cover in yet another interview

Although asked numerous times for the reason for their request for yet another interview with Mr. McNally, the Wells investigators never stated the reason that now appears evident from the Report: They had overlooked texts in their earlier interviews and wanted the opportunity to ask about them. This information would have confirmed what is now clear. The request was inconsistent with the interview protocol agreed to at the outset.

TLDR: The Wells team NEVER TOLD THE PATRIOTS OR MCNALLY why they wanted the 5th interview, which is against the protocol THE WELLS TEAM ESTABLISHED"

They weren't discovered because Wells was only looking for McNally and Brady cheating late last season, then found out it had been going on long before. So he went back and looked and found stuff from the beginning of the season and earlier, like when McNally was referring to himself as "The Deflator" as well as texting Jastremski in the middle of a game earlier in the year actually instucting Jastremski to "Deflate..." Wells's fault for just trying to do his job and finding out it was way worse than anyone feared.

They weren't discovered because Wells was only looking for McNally and Brady cheating late last season, then found out it had been going on long before. So he went back and looked and found stuff from the beginning of the season and earlier, like when McNally was referring to himself as "The Deflator" as well as texting Jastremski in the middle of a game earlier in the year actually instucting Jastremski to "Deflate..." Wells's fault for just trying to do his job and finding out it was way worse than anyone feared.

Speculation ....... even if so, all Wells needed to do then was do as what he agreed upon .... tell the Pats why he requested the 5th interview.

According to whom?

Provide proof of both of these please that Brady had reasons not to relinquish his text and only one interview would be conducted on each of the people involved?

The only thing I've seen is Kraft refusing to let McNally be interview a second time and wouldn't even tell him that a second interview was requested.

Speculation ....... even if so, all Wells needed to do then was do as what he agreed upon .... tell the Pats why he requested the 5th interview.

That's directly from Wells, not speculation. And now you're just being an ass or ignorant. There was not a 5th interview for Wells. The three others were before he was even tasked with the job, and were NFL security people. Before the investigation even started. Wells interviewed McNally once. Then later discovered he was self-described as "the Deflater" and wanted to know why. But the Pats said no.

According to whom?

Provide proof of both of these please that Brady had reasons not to relinquish his text and only one interview would be conducted on each of the people involved?

The only thing I've seen is Kraft refusing to let McNally be interview a second time and wouldn't even tell him that a second interview was requested.

The "one time interview" portion that you bolded is a quote taken from the Pats rebuttal. They are no my words.

As for why Brady might not want to give Well's access to his phone ............... absent a subpoena why would he after the Wells team already had all electronic communication between Brady and McNally/Jastremski?

That's directly from Wells, not speculation. And now you're just being an ass or ignorant. There was not a 5th interview for Wells. The three others were before he was even tasked with the job, and were NFL security people. Before the investigation even started. Wells interviewed McNally once. Then later discovered he was self-described as "the Deflater" and wanted to know why. But the Pats said no.

Yet, they didn't bother giving the Pats a reason for why an additional interview was required ........ a requirement that the Wells team established!

I didn't read that Brady has been cheating for a long time before.

The "one time interview" portion that you bolded is a quote taken from the Pats rebuttal. They are no my words.

As for why Brady might not want to give Well's access to his phone ............... absent a subpoena why would he after the Wells team already had all electronic communication between Brady and McNally/Jastremski?

According to the Pats which is "meh" on the scale of believe-ability.

Why wouldn't he is a better question if they already had all electronic communication between him and the other two when the request was only asking for "things pertaining to the investigation"? Maybe because there were more people involved other than McNally/Jastremski that would have been brought to light?

Yet, they didn't bother giving the Pats a reason for why an additional interview was required ........ a requirement that the Wells team established!

I didn't read that Brady has been cheating for a long time before.

You are not going to tell a team what you are going to ask a guy about something like that so they can prepare him for it.

There also were likely a lot of deleted texts and phone messages from McNally and Jastremski's phones, I know I delete selected messages all the time on mine in case it's lost or I hand it to someone I don't want seeing everything I have been talking about. Brady told Wells he didn't even know McNally.

According to the Pats which is "meh" on the scale of believe-ability.

Why wouldn't he is a better question if they already had all electronic communication between him and the other two when the request was only asking for "things pertaining to the investigation"? Maybe because there were more people involved other than McNally/Jastremski that would have been brought to light?

Well, it is nice to hear the other side of any accusation,no?

If there were more people involved then that certainly would have been reason to inquire more. Then again, if that was so, why didn't Well's simply make that known to the Pats in their request for an additional interview? According to the Pats, that didn't happen.

You are not going to tell a team what you are going to ask a guy about something like that so they can prepare him for it.

There also were likely a lot of deleted texts and phone messages from McNally and Jastremski's phones, I know I delete selected messages all the time on mine in case it's lost or I hand it to someone I don't want seeing everything I have been talking about. Brady told Wells he didn't even know McNally.

Prepare in what way ..... interrogation skills 101. :rolleyes:

This whole conversation is reading like the Patriots forum except with informed rebuttal against the blind fans hopeless arguments that Wells is somehow in the wrong for trying to thoroughly investigate the situation.

"Excessive" investigating by Well's in the face of being criticized that he didn't investigate and look at the "evidence" enough. :lol: Pure gold.

Well, it is nice to hear the other side of any accusation,no?

If there were more people involved then that certainly would have been reason to inquire more. Then again, if that was so, why didn't Well's simply make that known to the Pats in their request for an additional interview? According to the Pats, that didn't happen.

Prepare in what way ..... interrogation skills 101. :rolleyes:

Because Wells wasn't bound by restriction to tell Brady or the Pats why he needed to do another interview or see his phone other than it was required as part of the interview and NFLPA.

Interrogation skills 101.

It's the one night stand theory. Just because I slept with someone doesn't mean I "know" them.

Edited by The Wiz

Way worse than anyone feared? Come on ktd.... It was exactly what most expected and that's not that scary.

Is it bad? Sure. Is your statement a bit much? I think you'd agree, yes.

Edited by NoSaint

Way worse than anyone feared? Come on ktd.... It was exactly what most expected and that's not that scary.

Is it bad? Sure. Is your statement a bit much? I think you'd agree, yes.

Wells didn't know the deflating was going on for as long as it has, or that a guy would actually be calling himself "The Deflater" or that he was texting Jastremski during halftime of a game and instructing him to deflate or that he actually stole the balls from the referee before the championship game. And I doubt that he went into thinking like I do and a lot of Bills fans do that the pats cheat so much.

I would say it was way worse than he thought it was going in, yes.

The investigators feared.

Wells didn't know the deflating was going on for as long as it has, or that a guy would actually be calling himself "The Deflater" or that he was texting Jastremski during halftime of a game and instructing him to deflate or that he actually stole the balls from the referee before the championship game. And I doubt that he went into thinking like I do and a lot of Bills fans do that the pats cheat so much.

I would say it was way worse than he thought it was going in, yes.

The investigators feared.

I'm pretty sure someone with the common sense of wells knew going in that if it happened that day, it likely happened more than once and it likely happened by doing things to break the rules. Whether it happened he hopefully had an open mind about. No need to dramaticize it as if the wormhole they were sucked down was downright shocking. That he found some mook giving himself a stupid nickname isn't the true crime drama you are making it out to be. A dude liked the ball a little soft and had his ball boy slightly deflate them. Against the rules- yea... But come on kelly. You really think the phrase "worse than investigators feared" isn't dramatic rhetoric here? Edited by NoSaint

I'm pretty sure someone with the common sense of wells knew going in that if it happened that day, it likely happened more than once and it likely happened by doing things to break the rules. Whether it happened he hopefully had an open mind about. No need to dramaticize it as if the wormhole they were sucked down was downright shocking. That he found some mook giving himself a stupid nickname isn't the true crime drama you are making it out to be. A dude liked the ball a little soft and had his ball boy slightly deflate them. Against the rules- yea... But come on kelly. You really think the phrase "worse than investigators feared" isn't dramatic rhetoric here?

I don't think it was some crazy smoking gun and unbelievable moment or discovery, no. I would imagine that the texts they found were pretty shocking to them as far as evidence. I think the halftime thing needs more investigation. I didn't know that McNally wasn't supposed to have the balls so that surprised me a lot that he stole them in a championship game. The fact they threatened to go to ESPN was fairly shocking. The fact they hated Brady was a big surprise.