Out of Town Bills Fans

Out of town  

164 members have voted

1. 1. For those living in another team's market, how do you feel about that second team?

• The've become my second favorite team
    • I'm mostly neutral to them, don't care one way or the other
    • I can't stand them
    • They've become my favorite team, and the Bills have taken a back seat

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brownsness of Columbus drives me nuts. Almost equal distance to the East you've got one of the winningest franchises ever in the Steelers, to the West almost equal distance you just saw one of the greatest QBs ever for the last 15 years with another immediately taking over on the Colts and all anyone wants to talk about is if Terrell Pryor can play WR.

the free scrimmage in Cbus "sold out" the 60k available tickets in about a half hour. OSU jerseys will outnumber Browns jerseys 20 to 1 and most will be there to see Hartline, Pryor and whiffner. And probably Johnny.

About 10-12 years ago the Browns played the Colts in a preseason scrimmage at Crew stadium. That was cool. Watching the Browns play each other will only be cool because we will be at The Shoe starving for football in early August.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Living in the Orlando area, the local coverage is split between the Dolphins, Bucs, and Jags.

I hate the Dolphins, I am indifferent to the Bucs, and I don't even understand why the NFL has to consider Orlando as part of the Jacksonville market--they are always trying to force the Jags on our area, and the people around here aren't buying it.

Living in the Orlando area, the local coverage is split between the Dolphins, Bucs, and Jags.

I hate the Dolphins, I am indifferent to the Bucs, and I don't even understand why the NFL has to consider Orlando as part of the Jacksonville market--they are always trying to force the Jags on our area, and the people around here aren't buying it.

lol. College football rules down there.

I lived in Phoenix for 11 years. I followed the Cardinals as my second team for awhile but lost interest. Same thing with the Diamondbacks. But I became a huge Suns fan and still am, and they usually suck like The Bills. So that can only mean one thing, and I don't know what it is.

I've been in Chandler, AZ for about 16 years. To me, when they decided to build the new stadium all the way out in Glendale instead of in Tempe or Scottsdale, they missed a huge opportunity to build a better following. The meat of true Cards fans are in the more developed social areas (Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale). No one I know wants to drive all the way out to Glendale for a football game.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

I can't stand them - because the local market radio mediots are always trashing Buffalo even when the Bills have has an equal or better overall record for the past 10 years with the exception of 1 playoff appearance when RG3 and out had his standout rookie season.

Here ya! I'm sick of that too and hearing J-E-T-S . . . you get my point. And of course the divisional rivalry adds to the hate.

The Brownsness of Columbus drives me nuts. Almost equal distance to the East you've got one of the winningest franchises ever in the Steelers, to the West almost equal distance you just saw one of the greatest QBs ever for the last 15 years with another immediately taking over on the Colts and all anyone wants to talk about is if Terrell Pryor can play WR.

What about that team 2 hours to the south? I went to high school in Mansfield (late '80s) and it seemed like area loyalties (including those I knew in Cbus) were split between browns and bungholes. Not the same anymore?

Being in Cleveland I'm mostly neutral but will root for the browns because they suffer much as we have. Plus my son is a big fan (daughter all Bills!). Nowadays I feel bad for them with Haslam as owner, they have no meaningful future.

Hmmm. When I came there a few years ago to see the Bills play, their fans were extemely nice to me. Nicest out of town fans I've ever met. Maybe living there is different.

It's different. It is like anywhere though if you have to deal with nonstop coverage and talk and delusional fans you will like them less.

I'm in Seattle. At one time I had both Bills and Seahawks season tickets (Bills since 1987, Seahawks since 1993). Used to enjoy Seahawks game and cheered for them except when they played Buffalo.

The second year of Pete Carroll I dumped my tickets. The bandwagon was overloaded with people who don't know @#$@ about football, they're obnoxious and ignorant. No way am I ever cheering for Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch of a bunch of guys on adderol who cheat their way through games. Ugh.

No way am I ever cheering for Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch of a bunch of guys on adderol who cheat their way through games. Ugh.

That may be the single most cogent and rational thing you've ever posted on this or any sub-board. Kudos!

:D

What about that team 2 hours to the south? I went to high school in Mansfield (late '80s) and it seemed like area loyalties (including those I knew in Cbus) were split between browns and bungholes. Not the same anymore?

Being in Cleveland I'm mostly neutral but will root for the browns because they suffer much as we have. Plus my son is a big fan (daughter all Bills!). Nowadays I feel bad for them with Haslam as owner, they have no meaningful future.

The radio here a couple of weeks ago talked about some demographics study that was done on Columbus rooting interests. It was something like ~60% Browns fans / ~30% Bengals fans / ~10% fans of other teams.

the free scrimmage in Cbus "sold out" the 60k available tickets in about a half hour. OSU jerseys will outnumber Browns jerseys 20 to 1 and most will be there to see Hartline, Pryor and whiffner. And probably Johnny.

About 10-12 years ago the Browns played the Colts in a preseason scrimmage at Crew stadium. That was cool. Watching the Browns play each other will only be cool because we will be at The Shoe starving for football in early August.

I'm not going to lie, I got 10 of the free tickets. I did 4 right away, then put in 6 more just to see if they would give them to me and they did. Right now I'm planning on going with 1 buddy, either wearing a Bills or Buckeyes jersey and burning 8 tickets. I should probably try to sell them on stubhub, but I'm not quite sure how to do that and I'd rather account for 8 empty seats.

Several of my other friends got tickets, they all did the 6 option, there's going to be plenty of empty space based upon how they released them.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

My vote is a bit misleading -- I'm in NYC, and despise the Jets, but for various reasons (some fantasy, some friend fans), the Giants have become a goto 2nd team (but light years behind my Bills fandom).

Live in Portland. My son's have grown up here and they like the Seahawks. I've been to several Seahawk games. I have also taken the boys to home and away Bills games. Last year did a redeye to Chicago and back the same day. Seattle's stadium and food/beer is much better than the Ralph. As Seattle is my second team the Bills is theirs.