As a Bills fan, do you care about negative PR for the team?

How much do you care about PR with the Bills?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care how the Bills organization is perceived by the public in wake of Kromer situation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only as it affects future free agency and whether players factor it into decision
  2. 2. If Kromer is formally charged and is suspended by the league but the Bills do not fire him, will you be upset?

• Yes - the team needs to set a higher standard of behavior
    • No - I only care that having Kromer on staff gives us a better chance to improve the OL
  3. 3. How important is the handling of the Kromer situation for the Pegulas?

• Their decision on whether or not to fire him won't change how I view our new owners
    • Their decision on whether or not to fire him is a huge opportunity to set a tone and standard for both of their teams

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's small potatoes, so anything that actually goes through against him, he'll be let go, and rightfully so.

Let's say, if he were a hall of fame QB for us, though.. he'd probably get a slap on the wrist, and we'd ignore naysayers.

Look; if this had been Rex Ryan it's a totally different game. But it's some assistant coach that 90% of NFL fans have never heard of, much less anyone in the general public. Nobody really cares if he's fired or not. I suspect he will be if the charges are as serious as some have suggested, but most of the time in these cases the guy ends up with probation/fine from the courts and a fine from the team. That's what I expect will happen.

Unless this creates some issue with the players (can't imagine it would), this has no impact on the team or ownership. Besides, July/August is a pretty bad time to need to go out and find a new member of the coaching staff.

Great idea Yolo!! I had a hard time with this. I guess that what it boils down to for me is that I care about wins & losses more than perception. Having both would be ideal but not necessarily realistic. For me I don't like the Bills because they are good or bad people. I like them as a football team.

the man punched a kid.. If he's guilty he better be fired immediately.

and yes I care very much about our perception. Pro Sports is a privilege and when you commit a horrible crime and are convicted of it you shoudl be removed from duty

if your not embarrassed or upset about it well you might as well just be a patriots fan. Whats the point of morals, winning is more important than sportsmanship integrity and honestly

Edited by shibuya

i really dont think that our OL coach is substantial negative PR, honestly.

i care a lot more about events that reflect an inability to complete the jobs asked, or obvious lack of care about the game. an isolated loss of temper isnt shocking with regards to anyone in the nfl.

ill admit i enjoy cheering for a likable team, but if our line looks better with kromer, i really would need something catastrophic to have me upset enough to fire him.

Edited by NoSaint

Look; if this had been Rex Ryan it's a totally different game. But it's some assistant coach that 90% of NFL fans have never heard of, much less anyone in the general public. Nobody really cares if he's fired or not.

This.

I can say that as a Bills fan, that everyone KNOWS is a Bills fan, this whole Kromer thing hasn't even been mentioned to me by anyone...

As others have said this isn't that closely linked to the Bills. Afewmonths from now some smart mouth Pats fan will run his mouth about "yeah, your coach beats kids" in defense of his Brady. He won't know his name nor anything about him. The guy seems to have lost his cool but so far this is trending towrd nothing. Likely,it'll be some anger management classes and a suspended sentence if anything else. There are many factors we haven't heard yet and as news come little will change. The pegula's paying him while the investigation is going on is class act a-game. There is no reason for any sponsorship withdraw?ls.

The car "chase" would have blown the board up.

give Travis Henry time and maybe he can out do him

As far as negative pr for the team goes, our OL coach punching a young adult is not nearly as bad as 15 years of losing and irrelevancy.

While it is embarrassing for Kromer as a person to be an adult that lowered himself to the level to engage a group of teenagers this way, I really couldn't care less. If the Bills fire him, fine. If they dont, fine.

If this were another team's coach, I would laugh at the stupidity of it all, but I wouldnt be bashing the franchise about it. Even if it were the Pats. It would be one more glorious drop in the bucket for them, but not a big deal.

This.

I can say that as a Bills fan, that everyone KNOWS is a Bills fan, this whole Kromer thing hasn't even been mentioned to me by anyone...

Exactly. I havent even heard it mentioned one on Mike&Mike this week, and they should be all over it in this lull of the sporting seasons. This is only a big deal to a small group of Bills fans.

Every team has stuff happening. I'm not sure how many employees a NFL team employs but I'll guess in it's in the hundreds.

In the big scheme of things, the isolated actions of one OL coach is pretty petty stuff. Especially when we're talking about a misdemeanor.

However, if the Bills have a string of bad actions, and handle them poorly, yeah - that's concerning.

So I hope the Pegulas and Brandon handle this one correctly. They need to set the right precedent.

Edited by hondo in seattle

This.

Call it the 'Today Show' test. When the general media cares enough to start talking about it, that's when you have a PR issue. That's how the NFL got tripped up by Ray Rice. They thought it was an internal problem and then suddenly the whole world wanted to know what was happening and they were caught flat footed.

This case isn't anywhere near that point. In every city outside Buffalo, it's no more than a one-day footnote on the sports page.

the man punched a kid.. If he's guilty he better be fired immediately.

and yes I care very much about our perception. Pro Sports is a privilege and when you commit a horrible crime and are convicted of it you shoudl be removed from duty

if your not embarrassed or upset about it well you might as well just be a patriots fan. Whats the point of morals, winning is more important than sportsmanship integrity and honestly

Back in the day when I worked evenings and weekends in a pediatric ER, I used to read the local newspaper to figure out what concerts were on. Certain bands were guaranteed to bring in a fine crop of "pediatric" patients who were 17 yrs 363 days old and drunk/ high on some unknown drug mixture. If they were football players or similar, the intern and resident would be tiny women, maybe 215 lbs between the two of them, and the first attempt to draw blood for a toxic screen would send them flying across the room to smack into the wall and slide down it.

I'll wait until all the facts sort out. From the sound of things, he's likely guilty of misdemeanor battery, but it matters to me who he was "battering".