As a Bills fan, do you care about negative PR for the team?

How much do you care about PR with the Bills?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care how the Bills organization is perceived by the public in wake of Kromer situation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only as it affects future free agency and whether players factor it into decision
  2. 2. If Kromer is formally charged and is suspended by the league but the Bills do not fire him, will you be upset?

• Yes - the team needs to set a higher standard of behavior
    • No - I only care that having Kromer on staff gives us a better chance to improve the OL
  3. 3. How important is the handling of the Kromer situation for the Pegulas?

• Their decision on whether or not to fire him won't change how I view our new owners
    • Their decision on whether or not to fire him is a huge opportunity to set a tone and standard for both of their teams

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally I'd rather not have it but ultimately I don't care. There is no team in the league that is immune from these sorts of things and in comparison the recent PR issues for Buffalo teams are pretty minor.

I fully believe that if camera phones and twitter existed in the late 80s/early 90s we'd have learned about a whole lot of things...we heard quite a bit as it is.

This poll thus far doesn't suprise me.It's obvious from most of the posters here that character is a non-issue.

Not really it's just that I got the pleasure of watching a 15 year old girl fracture the skull of a female co-worker who was trying to break up a fight the 15 year old was in. Guess what happened to the kid. Nothing. Put someone in the hospital and out of work for 4 months, not a single thing happened. We live in a world where an 8th grader can do that to a grown woman and walk away scot free. Why is this alleged misdemeanor perpetrated upon trespassers grounds for the Spanish Inquisition again?

If I were Pegula, I'd make my decision based on the following:

- What happened according to the courts/police

- Discussion with Kromer about the incident (only after it is finished in the courts) and if I thought he was honest with me regarding it

- Discussion with the other coaches and players regarding his value to the Bills, how he fits with the team and the impact of the incident on how he is viewed by those he works with.

The only thing driving the chance that Kromer will get fired is the public and their incessant holier than though, "I don't like what that person did, so I am going to scream until I ruin their life" attitudes. It is the modern day equivalent to a mob grabbing their pitchforks and torches. It is a pretty sad day when the criminal punishment for an action is far better and more pleasant than the public mob who will do much worse to you.

Thank you....the lynch mob mentality today is excessive. At least the Bills are waiting to hear out the facts, whereas others have been canned even before trial and details are known. Since when are we guilty before proven innocent? Particularly when an alleged infraction occurs on personal time, this should be the job of the legal system to hand down punishment. Following conviction/due process, the NFL may have their say in accordance with its bylaws under which players and coaches signed on to abide by. And then and only then should an employer (Bills) decide if the infraction: (I) impacts the ability of the person to do their job; (ii) places anyone at the worksite at risk of harm; and/or (iii) is a recurring issue/repeat offender type of a thing. If so, then that is grounds for the team to take action.

In this particular case, linemen are generally considered the toughest players in the NFL - so you don't expect them to have a hippie-beatnik peace freak coach, do you? I don't claim to know all the details, but to give Kromer the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, I can easily see a situation with rowdy, teenage men provoking him to the point where I would not blame him at all for striking out.

So, just ease up on all the knee-jerk stone throwing, witch-hunting, book-burning McCarthyistic attitudes, and allow the system to work as intended.

I think the polls is worded like a politicians' poll whose purpose is to divide people on an imaginary line and with this case the line is like many issues fuzzy. Let results come out in court not press or public opinion, both tend to be neurotic and idiotic.

There are many factors that go into Public Relations.

The short minded view: if we win, who cares.

The well thought out view: this may very well come back to bite us. These people are considered role models and this is not how role models act.

I'm sure Pegs will make the correct decision as he doesn't want his legacy tarnished.

If he is guilty in any aspect, I assume a precedent will be made and this won't happen again.

However, from what we know already, it appears this guy is a child abuser with a temper.

It's a delicate topic that management will have to make a decision on, soon!! This could potentially sabotage our season.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

The well thought out view: this may very well come back to bite us. These people are considered role models and this is not how role models act.

I'm sure Pegs will make the correct decision as he doesn't want his legacy tarnished.

If he is guilty in any aspect, I assume a precedent will be made and this won't happen again.

However, from what we know already, it appears this guy is a child abuser with a temper.

It's a delicate topic that management will have to make a decision on, soon!! This could potentially sabotage our season.

Imo

You might have some inside knowledge but you are very self righteous with your opinions. You're also a coward with how you comment and delete shortly after. Own your words.

You might have some inside knowledge but you are very self righteous with your opinions. You're also a coward with how you comment and delete shortly after. Own your words.

With unequivocal words like "from what we know already, it appears", why not own it? What does that mean? Do we KNOW something? No, it just appears to be something. So we don't KNOW anything. It may in fact be true that he's all the bad things some people say, but there's no point in acting like we know. We don't. Why the rush to judgment? Things will happen when the process runs it's course.

I understand this is a sensitive topic, but there is no reason to be this irrational.

Your thought process seems to be heavily influenced by fear and anxiety which is leading to you acting out.

My suggestion, step away from the keyboard and take a break.

Now back to topic.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

I understand this is a sensitive topic, but there is no reason to be this irrational.

Your thought process seems to be heavily influenced by fear and anxiety which is leading to you acting out.

Now back to topic.

Imo

:lol:

I smell pork...

Now back to topic.

Imo

:lol: Like I thought. Enjoy your night sporto.

Imo

If he is guilty, he should be fired but the team should try to help him in any way they can. If this is a case of guy that can't control his temper, seek him help in that department.

If he is guilty, he should be fired but the team should try to help him in any way they can. If this is a case of guy that can't control his temper, seek him help in that department.

If he has anger management issues, Jack Nicholson should be retained to help him work through it. No expense should be spared! Jack can save him. The Pegula's can afford it. Problem solved.

I agree...

Imo

Edited by Leroi