Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who here is defending Kromer to death?

not many. most are being rational

But I have been seeing quite a few posts like the one I quoted. I mean, the sarcasm of him saying " You are right makes way more sense than spoiled expectant little turds getting their just desserts. "

I mean, wtf? We have so little info and we are leaning that these kids deserved to be hit? We heard from the kids what kromer allegedly did. But we haven't heard from kromer what the kids actually did, other than take some beach chairs.

I just find it hard to say these kids deserved to be hit because they moved some beach chairs onto public property.

I am very interested in hearing kromers side of the story. but whatever he said isn't in the report, and we have this mystery insight from foxsports which I don't entirely think is true. I find it odd that the report would blame "being too dark" as a defense without saying what things kids did that was so bad that justified a man hitting them. I think that report is bogus because it is too vague and doesn't give out details. "too dark" cannot be his best defense. If it is,then he is a bigger idiot than I thought.

But I have been seeing quite a few posts like the one I quoted. I mean, the sarcasm of him saying " You are right makes way more sense than spoiled expectant little turds getting their just desserts. "

I mean, wtf? We have so little info and we are leaning that these kids deserved to be hit? We heard from the kids what kromer allegedly did. But we haven't heard from kromer what the kids actually did, other than take some beach chairs.

I just find it hard to say these kids deserved to be hit because they moved some beach chairs onto public property.

I am very interested in hearing kromers side of the story. but whatever he said isn't in the report, and we have this mystery insight from foxsports which I don't entirely think is true. I find it odd that the report would blame "being too dark" as a defense without saying what things kids did that was so bad that justified a man hitting them. I think that report is bogus because it is too vague and doesn't give out details. "too dark" cannot be his best defense. If it is,then he is a bigger idiot than I thought.

I agree with pretty much all of that. But I find it equally or more hard to say he deserves to be fired or is automatically an !@#$, simply because it's impossible to believe that nothing, or even something minor caused him to punch them and threaten to kill them. That doesn't happen out of the blue. They had to do something to provoke it more than sit in chairs.

Again. I started off saying too early to judge Kromer and we needed more info on the kids while suggesting a hypothetical that was as irresponsible as the headlines saying he assaulted a child. Just the other side of the coin my friends.

I think that most people defending Kromer agree that he overreacted and did something wrong even if he was provoked. However they also believe it is pretty unreasonable to believe that he went after the kids unprovoked.

So just understand that when you think defending Kromer means the kid deserved to be hit. He probably didn't but it is for the court of law to decide. It is not the job of the public to exert pressure on high profile companies who will make knee jerk reactions to save face so that this "criminal" will get his "just" punishment. If people think that the punishment is too lenient for this type of crime, change it the right way - through the system. Who are the public to be judge, jury, and executioner - it's mob mentality, and it destroys a lot of peoples lives (even perfectly innocent people).

I've said it before in this thread, but I am so tired of this "why does this person still have a job" mentality these days.

Edited by What a Tuel

I agree with pretty much all of that. But I find it equally or more hard to say he deserves to be fired or is automatically an !@#$, simply because it's impossible to believe that nothing, or even something minor caused him to punch them and threaten to kill them. That doesn't happen out of the blue. They had to do something to provoke it more than sit in chairs.

The people who think he is going to be exiled from the nfl are ridiculous. Coaches have done a lot worse and got a slap on the wrist. Things might be worse for him with all the domestic violence stuff that happened last year with the players

As far as the provoking goes....since he was arrested, and based on what people are saying, I would speculate that what provoked him didn't actually happen that night. With him allegedly "setting this up" to trap the kids, these kids or other kids have been messing around his property but he couldn't catch them. Then finally one night, he caught them and he went nuts on them after a couple weeks of them doing whatever do his property.

That could be completly false, but it is something that fits more into what is going on. Because if the kids did something that night that was bad enough to warrant being hit, then the police wouldn't arrest him. So either the police made a huge error or he wasn't provoked that night, but provoked prior to that night.

There are a lot of questions that are unanswered. Did the kids hit them back? If these kids were rowdy and were doing things where they deserved to be hit, wouldn't they be the types to hit him back? And why would kromer let his kid stay with these kids if they were such a danger? doesn't make any sense.

So little facts to this story, and we only have one side to work with. But if I had to bet money on it, these kids were probably toying with him for a week before that night. It lines up with why he would set them up, why he is so pissed, and why the police arrested him. This is just me guessing though.

The people who think he is going to be exiled from the nfl are ridiculous. Coaches have done a lot worse and got a slap on the wrist. Things might be worse for him with all the domestic violence stuff that happened last year with the players

As far as the provoking goes....since he was arrested, and based on what people are saying, I would speculate that what provoked him didn't actually happen that night. With him allegedly "setting this up" to trap the kids, these kids or other kids have been messing around his property but he couldn't catch them. Then finally one night, he caught them and he went nuts on them after a couple weeks of them doing whatever do his property.

That could be completly false, but it is something that fits more into what is going on. Because if the kids did something that night that was bad enough to warrant being hit, then the police wouldn't arrest him. So either the police made a huge error or he wasn't provoked that night, but provoked prior to that night.

There are a lot of questions that are unanswered. Did the kids hit them back? If these kids were rowdy and were doing things where they deserved to be hit, wouldn't they be the types to hit him back? And why would kromer let his kid stay with these kids if they were such a danger? doesn't make any sense.

So little facts to this story, and we only have one side to work with. But if I had to bet money on it, these kids were probably toying with him for a week before that night. It lines up with why he would set them up, why he is so pissed, and why the police arrested him. This is just me guessing though.

I really have no idea what actually happened. But as far as the arrest goes, all the cops had to go on was a minor with a red mark under his eye. The kids are going to say they did nothing wrong and Kromer is going to say they did this and that and the other and the kids are going to deny everything. At that point they pretty much have no choice but to arrest the adult who may not have even denied he cracked the bastard.

I also would not at all be surprised if there is a rivalry between the year long residents and the snowbirds or guys like Kromer who live there three months out of the year.

I really have no idea what actually happened. But as far as the arrest goes, all the cops had to go on was a minor with a red mark under his eye. The kids are going to say they did nothing wrong and Kromer is going to say they did this and that and the other and the kids are going to deny everything. At that point they pretty much have no choice but to arrest the adult who may not have even denied he cracked the bastard.

Then the police didn't do their job (which is very possible). they should have weighed what kromer said. If kromer gave them enough reasonable story to justify what he did, they never should have arrested him.

Then the police didn't do their job (which is very possible). they should have weighed what kromer said. If kromer gave them enough reasonable story to justify what he did, they never should have arrested him.

Who knows. I'm a non violent person. I think no matter what the kids did, the adult Kromer shouldn't have punched him (it could even have been more of a hard slap, who knows). So I think Kromer was wrong no matter what. But other people rightfully believe that if they are on his property, take his stuff, and come after him he has every right to knock some sense into them even if I don't. We just don't know. A cop is likely to think an adult pro football coach shouldn't smack around a kid no matter what.

Definitely need to wait and see what the full story is but I think his 21 year old son's actions say a lot. "After Kromer returned to his residence, his son Zachery discussed the incident with the victims and helped try to find the fishing pole, according to the arrest report."

If the kids were being jerks and provoked dad, would son really stick around and do this?

Definitely need to wait and see what the full story is but I think his 21 year old son's actions say a lot. "After Kromer returned to his residence, his son Zachery discussed the incident with the victims and helped try to find the fishing pole, according to the arrest report."

If the kids were being jerks and provoked dad, would son really stick around and do this?

Often kids hang out with friends that their parents don't like.

I'm curious where the hell people come from where a black eye is a national outrage. I get that it's a minor, but that doesn't mean much. When I was 16 we sent a 15 year old to buy beer because he wouldn't get carded. I had a friend who looked 25 at 16 and had the kind of mouth on him where if he showed up with a black eye from a middle aged guy you'd naturally assume he had it coming.

My mom's bridge group would probably be horrified, but no one I'd watch football with would be.

Edited by Rob's House

Honestly I don't really see the big deal here...he got charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony, which will likely be pled down to a fine and community service.

People are reacting like he killed somebody like Ray Lewis did...errrr...allegedly did...

I'm pretty sure if people got fired every time they got charged with something similar half the population would be unemployed.

Honestly I don't really see the big deal here...he got charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony, which will likely be pled down to a fine and community service.

People are reacting like he killed somebody like Ray Lewis did...errrr...allegedly did...

I'm pretty sure if people got fired every time they got charged with something similar half the population would be unemployed.

This is true, but it's a slow outrage week and this is the best we got.

I'm curious where the hell people come from where a black eye is a national outrage. I get that it's a minor, but that doesn't mean much. When I was 16 we sent a 15 year old to buy beer because he wouldn't get carded. I had a friend who looked 25 at 16 and had the kind of mouth on him where if he showed up with a black eye from a middle aged guy you'd naturally assume he had it coming.

My mom's bridge group would probably be horrified, but no one I'd watch football with would be.

There are plenty of 16 and 17 year old punks running around today with no respect for anyone or anything that could use someone to knock some sense into them since their parents obviously failed to instill any values in them. I'd bet these 3 kids fall into that group, and if that's the case, I say it's too bad he didn't do it to all 3 of them