Bills you no longer like after meeting them in person

major

On the flip side, I met OJ a bunch of times as a kid and he was great. Really nice guy. His apartment when he was a rookie and maybe second year was a few blocks from me. Who knew.

My dad worked for NY Telephone and had to do "in the field" work during a strike in '72 or '73 -- he did some repairs at OJ's apartment and thought he was a good guy as well -- and got me two signed black and white photos (one signed by OJ, the other signed by Joe D. who was also there).

On the flip side, I met OJ a bunch of times as a kid and he was great. Really nice guy. His apartment when he was a rookie and maybe second year was a few blocks from me. Who knew.

OJ lived on Deer Run (not too far away from where I grew up in Williamsville. He always the nicest guy to me.

Jim Kelly "evolved." The first time I met him was in Miami and he was with his "crew" from Pittsburgh. He was as others have described when he was younger. As he got older, he was a lot nicer.

Wade Philips was a great guy and always engaging.

Marv was a good guy.

I met Bryce Paup once, and he was a nice guy.

I have met Thurman over the years and he always was a good guy.

CJ always was a great guy.

I have met others but they all were ok provided you treat them with respect and do not interrupt what they are doing especially with family. That is true with anyone and should be obvious to us.

Side note, I met a Heat basketball player a long time ago (his name escapes me/not a star player). I shook his hand as normal adults do), and he never bothered to take his keys out of his hand - as if he was too important. I had another guy do that to me. It was almost like - hey, I am too important . . . . Oh well, I cannot remember these guy's names anymore.

Edited by Peter

Players are just like us.

Humans with emotions.

Nonsense!

Aaron Kromer - just tried to retrieve my football that went over the fence late at night and he running after me, knocked me down punched me in the face said if I called the cops he kill my parents. Didn't really care for him

Lol. Nice.

OJ lived on Deer Run (not too far away from where I grew up in Williamsville. He always the nicest guy to me.

I was on Fox Meadow so that's at least three of us around him in or near Chapel Woods. Never a hint of what was to come. Who would have thought this guy would go on to steal cookies in prison?

Everyone is gonna have a different experience with everyone they meet. Don't see the purpose of this. I've heard so many times that Strahan's a great guy but when I met him he was a complete a**hole. I met Adrian Peterson and he was the most down to earth guy and talked to me for a couple minutes even with tons of girls around but he ends up beating his kid.

Aaron Kromer - just tried to retrieve my football that went over the fence late at night and he running after me, knocked me down punched me in the face said if I called the cops he kill my parents. Didn't really care for him

You'd probably feel differently about him if you'd waited until all the facts were in.

True story: about 7-8 years ago, was coming up the stairs in the concourse at the Ralph and passed Vince Wilfork's wife. You couldn't miss her - literally. We stopped her and said Hi and I took a photo of her with my adult nephew. It still makes us laugh when we look at that pic - she had a Wilfork jersey all outlined in sequins.

True story: about 7-8 years ago, was coming up the stairs in the concourse at the Ralph and passed Vince Wilfork's wife. You couldn't miss her - literally. We stopped her and said Hi and I took a photo of her with my adult nephew. It still makes us laugh when we look at that pic - she had a Wilfork jersey all outlined in sequins.

Based on the little I know about her, she certainly has Vince's back and is someone you would want in your corner.

A style she no doubt stole from Tom Brady.

Based on the little I know about her, she certainly has Vince's back and is someone you would want in your corner.

Especially if you are wrestling or need to clear a path through a long buffet line...

Especially if you are wrestling or need to clear a path through a long buffet line...

She just might be the one clogging things up. You may need Joe D. to pull around the corner and blow her off the satay chicken and puff pastries.

Andre Reed was WAY cool, tailgating with him, Leonard Smith and Jonathan Linton... so I just don't get how he is "arrogant and rude".

Thurman Thomas bought me a beer hanging out with him, Bruce and Darryl (and Junior Seau and Richard Roundtree)... and the Hawaiian Tropic girls were always popular with them, married or no.

Ralph, Marv, Jimbo, all approachable.

I have never met a Bill I had a problem with, basically.

That was your experience, I had mine.

It's not like I came at him in the middle of dinner or while he was using the restroom. It was at a social function where he was there to smooze with fans.

Sounds like you meet him a long time ago. Good for you.

Wish he would have been the same to me, but he was the exact opposite.

Edited by dezertbill