Bills you no longer like after meeting them in person

major

I wonder why so many players/execs lived in Amherst or Williamsville back in the day. Isn't everyone pretty much in OP/East Aurora/Hamburg these days?

I am actually curious how posters on this board would breakdown. Are there more "Southtowners", or "Northtowners" here (I guess the dividing line would be the 33, then extended by the 90 East)?

It feels like most here are Southtowners, no?

Edited by HoF Watkins

Least surprising entry in this entire thread.

To the guy who said "Shula was a major dick" - I've always suspected he is.

My opinion was reinforced while watching the always gracious and humble Marv Levy give his Hall of Fame speech on TV.

Seated behind him are several NFL HOF'ers appearing amused and respectful during Marv's anecdotes. All that is, except the sour puss Don Shula on camera directly behind Marv. He looked completely agitated, as if he was still carrying a grudge against Levy for the ass-whoopin' Levy and the Bills gave him over a 10 year period.

I am actually curious how posters on this board would breakdown. Are there more "Southtowners", or "Northtowners" here (I guess the dividing line would be the 33, then extended by the 90 East)?

It feels like most here are Southtowners, no?

Actually considering the population growth in the northern and eastern suburbs, I would say if anything, there are more Bills fans in the city, eastern and northern suburbs than the Southtowners.

I have heard horror stories about Larry Czonka and his arrogance to kids and parents; no first hand experience but from several reputable sources.

To the guy who said "Shula was a major dick" - I've always suspected he is.

My opinion was reinforced while watching the always gracious and humble Marv Levy give his Hall of Fame speech on TV.

Seated behind him are several NFL HOF'ers appearing amused and respectful during Marv's anecdotes. All that is, except the sour puss Don Shula on camera directly behind Marv. He looked completely agitated, as if he was still carrying a grudge against Levy for the ass-whoopin' Levy and the Bills gave him over a 10 year period.

Marv owned him for over a decade.

Actually considering the population growth in the northern and eastern suburbs, I would say if anything, there are more Bills fans in the city, eastern and northern suburbs than the Southtowners.

Perhaps, but I'm referring to just this message board.

Like I said, a dividing line of the 33 extended by the 90 East. I would consider Lancaster a Southtown, and Amherst a Northtown.

It's getting off topic, but suffice to say, most of the out of towners likely grew up in Buffalo,

Of course but the proposal wasn't about where you originally were when you lived in Buffalo. I just thought it important to know that many people on the board no longer live in the Buffalo area.

I grew up in the South towns, but live in Tampa for the last 24 years, so really Southtowns. As to the thread, Thurmon was a prick when I met him in the Bigtree 25 years ago. It was Christmas Eve, and my brother had something to do there with the betting pools. It was dead, and Thurmon was drunk. He was such a prick.

Anyway, we were heading to my cousins for Xmas dinner, and this was just a quick pit stop. As to non-Bills, I was coaching at the Superbowl Experience with my buddies for the Cardinals/Steelers game. We were working with groups of kids and it was required that current and previous NFL players had to be at every session. Everyone was very gracious and appreciative of us working with the kids. Calvin Johnson was one of the nicest guys. The prick was Marshall Faulk.

Met OJ as a kid twice and he was very nice. Go figure. Met Van Miller he was very nice RIP. I know he's not a player. I met Kelly and he was kind of arrogant but Jim evolved like I've never seen through the years.

Edited by seq004

A lot didn't. I was surprised when I learned this.

Lots of out of towners

Of course but the proposal wasn't about where you originally were when you lived in Buffalo. I just thought it important to know that many people on the board no longer live in the Buffalo area.

Okay. What area are you two from?

Edited by HoF Watkins

It's getting off topic, but suffice to say, most of the out of towners likely grew up in Buffalo,

Born and raised in the Buffalo area, left town in 1980 (24 years) and lived in the South since.

That's a big reason you can go almost anywhere and find a ton of Bills fans. They left for some reason, whether it be jobs or taxes or weather. It still surprises me how much support the Bills get wherever I go. I, like may, love and appreciate the area but for practical reasons only go back for an occassional game. For the record: early years in Hamburg but mostly Williamsville, and living in Atlanta now. I guess that's south of the dividing line. Like many here in Atlanta, we came for good jobs.

I have the impression just from reading posts here. I realize that RWS is located in the southtowns, so it gets referenced more, but I gathered that the southtowns has a bit larger presence here, as far as the regular posters are concerned.

I'm sure there are plenty of people from other areas (and states, and countries) as well. I'm from the northtowns.

Edited by HoF Watkins