2015-16 Buffalo Bills Negative Thread

Both of you guys are right.

What it comes down, just like it always does in sports:

1. Attitude

2. Hustle

Attitude we've all covered. We know what kind of attitude is required, by all players on O for this to work.

Hustle in this case means: when it's your turn to get the ball, make damn sure you make the play. Example: If O'Leary is thrown at, and Harvin(just picking on him, could be Hogan) is open, O'Leary better make that play. If he does, he builds trust in himself, and trust for the entire team/system/game plan. But, perhaps more importantly, he also mollifies Harvin: He was open, but it wasn't a waste. Harvin's much more likely to buy in if the rest of the guys on O show that they can do the job. Maybe even challenge him to make sure each play he gets the ball isn't a waste. All of this can be accomplished by hustle. Every guy needs to bust their ass, and every other guy needs to get on a guy when he doesn't.

But, in order for that to work, we are back to attitude.

This is why attitude and hustle will always be integrated, and integral for a winning team.

Yup. Harvin surprisingly is known as a hustler. I also think, and posted a few times already, that Woods and Oleary and Goodwin and guys like that are also going to see their share of balls because of the way the offense is designed and the ways the DCs who are playing against us are going to try to take away a few things like McCoy and Watkins and maybe Clay. But you can only take away so many things. That would leave us with Harvin and Woods or Goodwin with single coverage.

My hope, to keep these guys happy, is going to be to just pick up a lot of first downs and control the ball. With our stout defense, even if we don't score a ton we can win a lot of games.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman addressed this in his interview yesterday with Chris Brown. He basically told all of this star players, hey, you may not get the ball much some weeks. Who knows if they will buy into that or not.

We are taking the QB out of the equation entirely for the purpose of this discussion but... The undefeated Dolphin team had three name RBs, 1-2 name WR and a very good TE and they spread it around pretty good. The great 49 teams of course had Jerry Rice but they also had John Taylor who was very good, a TE in Brent Jones who caught a lot of balls, Roger Craig who carried a lot and caught a lot of balls, and even a FB who got a good amount of passes thrown to him. It's possible.

bull ****. Name one team, just one team, in any major sport, that has been able to overcome superior talent and win a championship. Just one.

Is this damn thread still alive? I hate this thread. Die thread, die.

The Bills will have to score an average of 126 points a game to keep all these damn premadonnas happy, and even then the media will evicerate them on a regular basis because they didn't average 127 points a game. :angry:

The Bills will have to score an average of 126 points a game to keep all these damn premadonnas happy, and even then the media will evicerate them on a regular basis because they didn't average 127 points a game. :angry:

I want it to die too, but you're the one who.... oh crap! I did it too! Positive thread still winning on number of pages...

I have been saving up for this.

since this IS the negative thead.

Nanker. you have issues.

and you misspelled eviscerate.

hope i sounded irritable.

Live Thread Live !!!

good for the soul to have this thread and that other stupid one.

CBF might work out. in time.

high floor low ceiling for canadiens.

i have thought of something to B word about !

living five miles or less from St John Fisher , i have never been to training camp because i cant figure out where to park and then walk.

I have been saving up for this.

since this IS the negative thead.

Nanker. you have issues.

and you misspelled eviscerate.

hope i sounded irritable.

Live Thread Live !!!

good for the soul to have this thread and that other stupid one.

CBF might work out. in time.

high floor low ceiling for canadiens.

i have thought of something to B word about !

living five miles or less from St John Fisher , i have never been to training camp because i cant figure out where to park and then walk.

And you say that I have issues! Hah! :nana:

Whatever happened to the TBDism thread?