What is your hobby? Retirement ideas

mead107

golf, fishing, gardening, cooking, skiing. my goal was to retire at 55. not happening but work is actually one of the most fulfilling things in my life. unless that changes, i will likely work at least part time til i'm not considered useful anymore.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to start my first fall doing a "Kenny season" and go to all Bills games home and away, then settle in for some woodworking, golf, maybe volunteer work with local animal shelters.

PLAYING guitar & model railroading. I have a full '57 Lionel set, multiple HO sets and a couple N seats with a whole city of buildings, people, working streetlights, signs, the works. Been collecting them through the years and all are boxed/crated up.

Someday...

Yep. Working on a Gibson SG right now - a kit, but the body was so poorly machined that I have to make a new one (too much slop between the neck and body - the joint will never handle the stress.)

Well then, please let me know if you ever think you might try making something like a 24 fret Stratocaster. I've always wanted one of those.

PLAYING guitar & model railroading. I have a full '57 Lionel set, multiple HO sets and a couple N seats with a whole city of buildings, people, working streetlights, signs, the works. Been collecting them through the years and all are boxed/crated up.

Someday...

What kind of guitar?

Yep. Working on a Gibson SG right now - a kit, but the body was so poorly machined that I have to make a new one (too much slop between the neck and body - the joint will never handle the stress.)

This is awesome. I know it's nowhere close to building something like an SG (one of my favorites because of the skinnier neck), but I want to build an electric cigar box guitar. Would love to tackle it beginning in the fall.

I will be doing something dottering about in DC...envision as most do I suppose a steady dose of volunteer work . Mixed with tons of walking, biking, farmers markets, cooking, drinking....and the annual 1/2 day visit from my rotten children!

Geocaching. Two million + located all over the world. All you need is a GPS, batteries and gas money. Can be done by people of any age. Families taking their todlers upto 80+ year olds. (www. geocaching.com)

Edited by Wacka