Levitre About To Lose His Starting Spot?

H2o

Coach Ken Whisenhunt hinted LG Andy Levitre isn't locked in as a starter.

Levitre has been working at both guard and center, and Whisenhunt admitted the team is exploring its options at left guard opposite RG Chance Warmack. Veterans Byron Bell and Jamon Meredith have been seeing reps next to LT Taylor Lewan. Free agent Evan Mathis has also been loosely linked to the Titans. Levitre has been a bust since signing a six-year, $46.8 million deal in 2013
Pro Bowl caliber to being on the bench possibly? Looks that way for Levitre.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will. It wasn't levitre. Is was the contingency plan that didn't happen.

Quoted for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

The fact that Whaley was not the GM when Levitre was allowed to walk should also be mentioned. The lack of a plan falls to Buddy and Whaley who officially took over in May of that year IIRC.

I think we're all in agreement that the contract that Tennessee gave him was absurd and shouldn't ever have happened. He's been a complete bust as a FA signing.

The issue was counting solely on Colin Brown,

Doug Legursky, and David Snow to replace him.

He was a solid guard but became completely overrated by some. Unlike Marrone, Gailey catered to his players' strengths. He got the best out of Levitre and he was never as good as his contract made him out to be.

I think oline can be coached up more than any other position. Kromer from Marrone is a massive upgrade. We can have the majority of the same starters and see an improvement this year. Watch.

He was a solid guard but became completely overrated by some. Unlike Marrone, Gailey catered to his players' strengths. He got the best out of Levitre and he was never as good as his contract made him out to be.

I think oline can be coached up more than any other position. Kromer from Marrone is a massive upgrade. We can have the majority of the same starters and see an improvement this year. Watch.

Agree with you but saying someone is better than Marrone is not saying much.

Quoted for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

The fact that Whaley was not the GM when Levitre was allowed to walk should also be mentioned. The lack of a plan falls to Buddy and Whaley who officially took over in May of that year IIRC.

i got to also wonder how much old Marrone had to do with said contingency plan or lack there of.

My perception of Marrone is that he has a big ego. Maybe wrong, but i can see Marrone telling Whaley in 2013 'i like what i got. I can coach these guys. I need a vet for injuries and such(Legursky).'

I think Whaley wanted to believe Marrone, but we all found out Marrone did not have an eye for Oline talent or coaching it up.

i got to also wonder how much old Marrone had to do with said contingency plan or lack there of.

My perception of Marrone is that he has a big ego. Maybe wrong, but i can see Marrone telling Whaley in 2013 'i like what i got. I can coach these guys. I need a vet for injuries and such(Legursky).'

I think Whaley wanted to believe Marrone, but we all found out Marrone did not have an eye for Oline talent or coaching it up.

Well then, what about Pat Morris - The Bills Offensive Line coach under DM? Did he do his job or did DM muck it up for him and everybody else?