Sunday Ticket - Start your Engines

Griz

For some reason, my annual pilgrimage to get ST free was much easier this year. I went on the website and was greeted by a "Chat" invite... to which I responded. After a few friendly volleys I cut to the chase and stated I wanted to be rewarded with something for my 15 years of loyalty. My "chat" friend gave me an 800 number, plus a PIN where my information would be available to a rep waiting on me. The PIN was good for 5 days, but I called immediately. Damned if it wasn't true. A short 15 min. later and I got enough credits to ensure ST for free... then some, plus all the movie channels that I need to remember to cancel in August. My conversation with the rep was much different this year. She was incredibly honest... said she had the power to make stuff happen... wouldn't waste my time... and she produced and was gracious. She also said that many people don't even ask for deals, which essentially pays for the deals those whom ask get. Go figure. I like the new, honest DTV. Here's to the next 15 years :thumbsup:

Please share your experiences.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most ppl don't ask for deals bc they made a choice to order a service and they honor that choice by paying for it. I think it's ridiculous to always expect to get something for free which causes the paying customers to pay more but that's just my opinion.

Be happy you even hv the choice to order it as I can't even get DTV or the NFL to take my money. DTV is no longer an option for me due to trees that are not mine and DTV only offers their streaming service to select few. There is no reason why DTV and the NFL can't offer streaming of the ST to everyone.

Edited by Max997

Failed on first attempt tonight. Will just call straight to retention tomorrow. They were only giving $10 for 12 months and didn't provide the 800 number for higher level support.

When you have cable all you can watch is the same team every week

When all you can watch is the same team every week you get bored

When you get bored you try to become a football star yourself

When you try to become a football star yourself you try out for the Bills

When you try out for the Bills you make the team and become a starter

When you become a starter you disappoint

When you disappoint you get made fun on on twobillsdrive.com

Don't get made fun of on twobillsdrive.com. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

Don't get made fun of on twobillsdrive.com. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

love it

These are always fun threads. I looked at my account this morning and ST Max is listed under "recent activity" but with a $0.00 charge -- probably just a placeholder. I think I'll wait until I see an actual charge before calling.

Most ppl don't ask for deals bc they made a choice to order a service and they honor that choice by paying for it. I think it's ridiculous to always expect to get something for free which causes the paying customers to pay more but that's just my opinion.

This one right here literally used the word HONOR when referring to his f*cking. satelite. bill.

Go watch fight club.

Or go apologize to your father for the "man" you've become.

One or the other. Or both.

"but that's just my opinion".

Just signed up for DTV last month when I moved into my house. They've got me on that initial two year contract, so I'm definitely going to have to pay full price for Sunday Ticket next season huh?

Don't get made fun of on twobillsdrive.com. Get rid of cable and upgrade to Directv

HAHAHAHHAHA

Just signed up for DTV last month when I moved into my house. They've got me on that initial two year contract, so I'm definitely going to have to pay full price for Sunday Ticket next season huh?

Not necessarily, on the every other year of my two year contracts I call crying how I want the ticket but can afford $300. They have given me enough credits and HBO to pay for a good chunk of it. This year is a end of contract year so they'll be sitting at the table.

HAHAHAHHAHA

Not necessarily, on the every other year of my two year contracts I call crying how I want the ticket but can afford $300. They have given me enough credits and HBO to pay for a good chunk of it. This year is a end of contract year so they'll be sitting at the table.

Interesting... I signed up last year and got ST for free for signing up. I also have the initial 2 year contract. I suppose I will need to pay for it this year, but I'd really like to get at least a discount. Is it better to call now or closer to the season?

This is good to know considering a certain Canadian website that I myself would never look at or condone got shut down...so I've heard.

I just checked, LusciousCanadianBeaver.com is still up. Or is that not the site you are referring to?