Top Professional Wrestlers - All Time

The Undertaker was impressive because of a guy that size having that much athleticism.

Ultimate Warrior was good when he first came out because of the action hero physique and crazed super hero personality. A nice departure from goons like Hogan.

Batista certainly looks cool but I'd like to see more personality/identity from him

Honorable mention to Goldberg for his straight up style.

IMO the least entertaining of the champions was Stone Cold Steve Austin. He wasn't athletic and his persona was boring. It also made no sense that his defiance bothered the WWE Chief McMahon since most of the wrestlers have a belligerent, defiant disposition.

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flair

Snuka

Bruno Sanmartino

Steamboat

Backlund as a bad guy was great.

Brett Hart

Ivan Putski

Honorable mention to perenial whipping boy Special Delivery Jones

Funny, just found out the American Dream passed away yesterday and was going to post here. RIP Dusty. You were great.

Can tell people's age by who they post here. Old guys like trend towards the 70's and 80's guys.

Some not mentioned in 70's

Dominick Denucci

George the Animal Steel

Any body remember the Love Brothers? They were the first gay team in wrestling, even though they could never say that.

The Iron Sheik

Bob Orton

80's

Sargent Slaughter

Steamboat

Honkey Tonk Man( beat steamboat in Buffalo for the Intercontinental Title)

Captain Lou was cool as a manager, as was The Brain

Edited by plenzmd1

The Undertaker was impressive because of a guy that size having that much athleticism.

Ultimate Warrior was good when he first came out because of the action hero physique and crazed super hero personality. A nice departure from goons like Hogan.

Batista certainly looks cool but I'd like to see more personality/identity from him

Honorable mention to Goldberg for his straight up style.

IMO the least entertaining of the champions was Stone Cold Steve Austin. He wasn't athletic and his persona was boring. It also made no sense that his defiance bothered the WWE Chief McMahon since most of the wrestlers have a belligerent, defiant disposition.

I would only ever watch it to hear them talk **** during the promos, I could care less what they did in the ring. So to me, Austin crushes all 4 that you mentioned before him combined.Thus my all-time favorite is obviously Flair.

IMO, it has to go to the man that not only was an exceptional athlete, had longevity, and was a multiple-time champion, but also completely changed the ideal persona of a superstar from an entertaining wrestler to a guy that can wow fans during matches and also rock the microphone like nobody's business.

The Rock, quite literally, changed the entire business of pro wrestling with his combination of ring skills and mic skills, and he still continues to transcend the industry with his occasional returns to the squared circle.

He is, simply, The Man.