'I was born a poor black child'

The good folks at Comedy Central did not disappoint in their handling of the Rachel Dolezal scandal. Jon Stewart strives mightily to turn it into an attack on Fox News, but unconvincingly.

The "OMG! Fox News!!!" obsession is when Jon Stewart jumped the shark for me.

The far better takedown came from Larry Whitmore, formerly The DailyShow‘s “senior black correspondent” before he got his own show. His segment was called “Crazypants White Lady Pretends to Be Black,” and it pretty much explodes all the poses of MSNBC, The New Yorker, and other liberals straining to explain why Dolezal’s deception is no big deal. I especially liked “She’s not just white . . . she’s Laura Linney white! . . . The most amazing case of white-flight I’ve ever seen.”

Never seen his show but I might have to try it -- that clip was hysterical.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "OMG! Fox News!!!" obsession is when Jon Stewart jumped the shark for me.

Never seen his show but I might have to try it -- that clip was hysterical.

Larry Wilmore is worth checking out. I've been a huge fan of his for awhile. He ran the Bernie Mac show (I believe co-created it?), he did tours on the American Office, Blackish and a number of other really funny shows and his regular stint on the Daily Show -- mainly behind the scenes. Dude is hilarious.

Damn we are a country of foolish idiots. As an Italian Chef used to say all the time: Only in America.