'I was born a poor black child'

Her look changes quite a bit when she layers on the orange tan and curly afro, but in many pictures, it's obvious she's white.

DOLEZAL-e1434115243939.jpg

Charlize Theron is African-American.

I love Dolezal's response when asked if she was African-American: That everyone is descended from tribes in Africa. So true. We're all African if you go back long enough.

Next time, they should ask her if she is black.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think a trans-racial woman would be more inclusive:

Rachel Dolezal Once Told A Student She Did Not Look Hispanic Enough For A Class Activity.

Rachel Dolezal once did not let a student participate in a class activity about race and culture because she did not appear Hispanic enough, the student told BuzzFeed News on Friday.

Dolezal, president of the Spokane, Washington, chapter of the NAACP, gained notoriety Thursday when her parents disclosed that she has been passing herself off as black for years. The revelation has prompted questions about the other aspects of Dolezal’s life, including claims that she has been the victim of hate crimes and received threatening letters.

The student — who, like many others interviewed for this article, asked to remain anonymous — told BuzzFeed News that she took two courses with Dolezal during her freshman year to fulfill academic requirements at Eastern Washington University.

The student said that the incident occurred within the first three weeks of an introductory course on race and culture. Dolezal introduced an activity she called “Fishbowl,” in which one student sat in front of the class as others were invited to ask them questions about their racial and cultural experiences.

In the first round of Fishbowl, the student said Dolezal sought out a volunteer of Hispanic background to be questioned.

The student, who told BuzzFeed News that she identifies as Hispanic, grew up in a Spanish-speaking country, speaks the language fluently, and, while she has light skin, believes she has a “pretty solid experience of what it’s like to be Spanish.” She raised her hand to participate.

“I think we should ask another student,” the student recalled Dolezal saying in class.

The student asked why she could not participate.

“Rachel said I didn’t look Hispanic,” she said, and that her instructor “doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn’t have the appearance of looking Hispanic.”

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/208480/

Well, this is where identity politics leads. Enjoy it, folks.

Edited by B-Man

What about the "One Drop Rule?" Maybe one of her German grandmas was shnooking a black man? Wouldn't the gene be there?

Of course I am not defending victimhood, but don't the parents realize it doens't end with them and their heritage? The black gene is dominant. Black can't have white, but white can have black. Isn't there a DNA test... Or does it work like that? Any experts... LOL!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Her look changes quite a bit when she layers on the orange tan and curly afro, but in many pictures, it's obvious she's white.

DOLEZAL-e1434115243939.jpg

Charlize Theron is African-American.

I love Dolezal's response when asked if she was African-American: That everyone is descended from tribes in Africa. So true. We're all African if you go back long enough.

Next time, they should ask her if she is black.

Wow... Society has done a 180. Just a generation ago, AA's were doinig everything to look white. Now it is the opposite. Hair straightener companies should have diversified into the jheri curl business! LMAO!

What about the "One Drop Rule?" Maybe one of her German grandmas was shnooking a black man? Wouldn't the gene be there?

Of course I am not defending victimhood, but don't the parents realize it doens't end with them and their heritage? The black gene is dominant. Black can't have white, but white can have black. Isn't there a DNA test... Or does it work like that? Any experts... LOL!

There is no "race" gene in DNA.

What they actually do is identify DNA traits that are common in isolated cultural groups. It doesn't mean that other groups don't possess these same genes, just that it's more common in some groups more than others.

For example. Let's say a tribe in Arkansas got separated from civilization and had a cultural norm of chopping off the right hand as a punishment. Over several generations the group develops a left-handed society, before eventually breaking out of their bubble to spread out their genes all over the world. Then some scientist further in the future sees a left-handed person in Texas and concludes that's it's very likely that he had ancestors from Arkansas. It's not a very conclusive science.

http://nypost.com/2010/07/21/blond-bombshell/

What happened is that baby Nmachi is a blond, blue-eyed white baby born to two black Nigerian immigrant parents at a London hospital.

Dispel the myth that black parents can't have a white baby. It's happened quite a few times. If the genes are present, it can be passed on. Dominant genes just have better odds of being passed on.

That's hysterical.

:lol:

And this exchange...

RUSH: It would be much easier if you say you knew you were gay when you're 10, but man, you've really bitten off a big one here when you say you knew you were black at age 10 when you're a blond-haired Caucasian.

CALLER: Yeah, and also now I'm in a biracial marriage and my kids are biracial, so I don't know what to do.

RUSH: What, you're married to a --

CALLER: A white woman.

RUSH: Married to a white woman, you're Caucasian, but you're African-American, your kids are biracial. You do have a problem.

That's probably thee most racist thing I hag ever read.

Dolezal’s Resignation Letter Is Ridiculous
by Katherine Timpf
Rachel Dolezal may have resigned from her position as president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP — but the statement she released seems to suggest that she just doesn’t see why people think what she did is such a big deal.
“I have always deferred to the state and national NAACP leadership and offer my sincere gratitude for their unwavering support of my leadership through this unexpected firestorm,” she wrote.
Yes — “unexpected.” The white woman who spent years portraying herself as black — doing so with an elaborate deceptive scheme that included
*wearing dark makeup,
*telling people that her adopted black brother was her biological son,
*claiming that one of her black friends was her biological father,
* claiming that her biological father was a Marine who was almost murdered three times by “white subordinates” because they were upset that he was black and held a superior position,
*saying she would be “nervous” about attending a Tea Party rally because there would be so many white people there,
*and even allegedly telling a Hispanic student that she could not participate in a classroom activity on race and culture because she looked too white
— apparently never could have anticipated getting caught and/or that people would be mad if she did.

Nowhere in the statement did Dolezal apologize for her fraud. Rather, she portrayed herself as more of a victim, even as someone who might deserve credit for the way she’s handling the situation:
Edited by B-Man

Dolezal’s Resignation Letter Is Ridiculous
by Katherine Timpf
Rachel Dolezal may have resigned from her position as president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP — but the statement she released seems to suggest that she just doesn’t see why people think what she did is such a big deal.
“I have always deferred to the state and national NAACP leadership and offer my sincere gratitude for their unwavering support of my leadership through this unexpected firestorm,” she wrote.
Yes — “unexpected.” The white woman who spent years portraying herself as black — doing so with an elaborate deceptive scheme that included
*wearing dark makeup,
*telling people that her adopted black brother was her biological son,
*claiming that one of her black friends was her biological father,
* claiming that her biological father was a Marine who was almost murdered three times by “white subordinates” because they were upset that he was black and held a superior position,
*saying she would be “nervous” about attending a Tea Party rally because there would be so many white people there,
*and even allegedly telling a Hispanic student that she could not participate in a classroom activity on race and culture because she looked too white
— apparently never could have anticipated getting caught and/or that people would be mad if she did.

Nowhere in the statement did Dolezal apologize for her fraud. Rather, she portrayed herself as more of a victim, even as someone who might deserve credit for the way she’s handling the situation:

In a perverse culture in which we've made victimhood honorable and heroic, why should we expect anything different.