'I was born a poor black child'

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a very simple solution to this issue. Have her walk up to a cop on the street. If she survives, she's white.

Won't work. Cops have orders to ignore crimes now.

A better indicator would be to have Dolezal shoot a black teenager. If there are riots, then she's white. If it's ignored, then she's black.

In a perverse culture in which we've made victimhood honorable and heroic, why should we expect anything different.

This is why I say fight perversity with perversity.

Bring back The Stocks!

Our current culture is obsessed with LAMP. Then why shouldn't our punishments be every bit as public? How can anything be cruel or unusual if it is merely keeping within societal norms? How many naked selfies are out there right now? How many people are wasting electricity and bandwidth foisting the entirety of their existence upon the rest of us?

So what is cruel, or even close to unusual, about confining this woman in the public square, the place where she chose to put herself a long time ago, in The Stocks(Google it if you don't know)?

Anyone whose crime is the public character assassination of others, or the public questioning of the motives of others, or any sort a-hole behavior in public, and especially those who use the media to accomplish their bad behavior...should be punished in public. They shouldn't get to hide behind "suspensions", being "off air" for a while, "spending more time with their family", or any of the rest of the excuses and tactics used.

Throw them into the stocks an treated exactly as they deserve: a sideshow to be publicly humiliated, just as they sought to do to others.

This is why I say fight perversity with perversity.

Bring back The Stocks!

Our current culture is obsessed with LAMP. Then why shouldn't our punishments be every bit as public? How can anything be cruel or unusual if it is merely keeping within societal norms? How many naked selfies are out there right now? How many people are wasting electricity and bandwidth foisting the entirety of their existence upon the rest of us?

So what is cruel, or even close to unusual, about confining this woman in the public square, the place where she chose to put herself a long time ago, in The Stocks(Google it if you don't know)?

Anyone whose crime is the public character assassination of others, or the public questioning of the motives of others, or any sort a-hole behavior in public, and especially those who use the media to accomplish their bad behavior...should be punished in public. They shouldn't get to hide behind "suspensions", being "off air" for a while, "spending more time with their family", or any of the rest of the excuses and tactics used.

Throw them into the stocks an treated exactly as they deserve: a sideshow to be publicly humiliated, just as they sought to do to others.

I've long advocated for public shaming as puinishment for most minor crimes, and as a component of the penalty for most major crimes. It has, historically, proved very effective.

I've long advocated for public shaming as puinishment for most minor crimes, and as a component of the penalty for most major crimes. It has, historically, proved very effective.

It would be interesting to see the effect public shaming would have on people nowadays. On one hand you'd have human rights advocates up in arms, demanding that offenders be treated with 'dignity', and on the other hand you'd have offenders who are already without shame, not caring or feeling any embarrassment at all over their sentence.

It would be interesting to see the effect public shaming would have on people nowadays. On one hand you'd have human rights advocates up in arms, demanding that offenders be treated with 'dignity', and on the other hand you'd have offenders who are already without shame, not caring or feeling any embarrassment at all over their sentence.

Black guy shoots cop in Harlem, is sentenced to two hours a day in the pillory for a week. That won't be a public shaming...that'll be a damned celebration.

We have an entire society that lionizes victimhood. Public shaming will present criminals as heroes, if only for being a civil rights violation. Just like every other form of criminal punishment.

Seeing what this broad did and knowing what I know about human psychometry like I do and especially that of broads and seeing her approximate age I am thinking that she had a crush on C. Thom when she was growing up complete with posters on the walls and everything. This could be what this all s about.

Edit: Looks like she was 9 years old when this movie came out. Bingo.

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by 4merper4mer

Black guy shoots cop in Harlem, is sentenced to two hours a day in the pillory for a week. That won't be a public shaming...that'll be a damned celebration.

We have an entire society that lionizes victimhood. Public shaming will present criminals as heroes, if only for being a civil rights violation. Just like every other form of criminal punishment.

Shaming likely wouldn't work on hardened criminals, like the one you've described, but then, nothing else does either.

Shaming would very likely work for people convicted of petty theft, disorderly conduct, vandalism, simple assault, public intoxication, etc; for whom the public embarrasment may be a great deterrant for reoffending.

Shaming would very likely work for people convicted of petty theft, disorderly conduct, vandalism, simple assault, public intoxication, etc; for whom the public embarrasment may be a great deterrant for reoffending.

I think you're right about this - at least to a point. I've seen several times on the news where someone was convicted of petty theft or other minor offenses and were sentenced to stand at a busy intersection holding a sign that said "I was caught (fill in the crime)". The people looked miserable. I'm sure the appearance of a news crew made it even worse.

I do believe though that a lot of people are completely without shame, and would feel like they were getting off easy with such a sentence. I also believe that if public shaming were to become a more frequent method of punishment, that we'd soon see advocate groups spring up protesting the act of shaming as 'robbing the individual of his/her dignity'.

I think you're right about this - at least to a point. I've seen several times on the news where someone was convicted of petty theft or other minor offenses and were sentenced to stand at a busy intersection holding a sign that said "I was caught (fill in the crime)". The people looked miserable. I'm sure the appearance of a news crew made it even worse.

I do believe though that a lot of people are completely without shame, and would feel like they were getting off easy with such a sentence. I also believe that if public shaming were to become a more frequent method of punishment, that we'd soon see advocate groups spring up protesting the act of shaming as 'robbing the individual of his/her dignity'.

Which is exactly the point. Crime should have no dignity. Shaming should include things like shaving someones head, and covering them in indelible ink, then putting them in a pillory or stockade in a public place, subject to the elements (assuming non life threatening).

Punishment for crimes IMO should be harsher, shorter (in many cases but not all) followed by a serious rehab program.

Seeing what this broad did and knowing what I know about human psychometry like I do and especially that of broads and seeing her approximate age I am thinking that she had a crush on C. Thom when she was growing up complete with posters on the walls and everything. This could be what this all s about.

Edit: Looks like she was 9 years old when this movie came out. Bingo.

mqdefault.jpg

I assume the PC maggots are the reason we never see that classic film on cable anymore. :angry:

The good folks at Comedy Central did not disappoint in their handling of the Rachel Dolezal scandal. Jon Stewart strives mightily to turn it into an attack on Fox News, but unconvincingly.

The far better takedown came from Larry Whitmore, formerly The DailyShow‘s “senior black correspondent” before he got his own show. His segment was called “Crazypants White Lady Pretends to Be Black,” and it pretty much explodes all the poses of MSNBC, The New Yorker, and other liberals straining to explain why Dolezal’s deception is no big deal. I especially liked “She’s not just white . . . she’s Laura Linney white! . . . The most amazing case of white-flight I’ve ever seen.”

And from Seth Meyers on Late Night:

It was a beautiful weekend in New York. This is how nice the weather was: I went outside without sunscreen for about an hour, and I was elected to run the Spokane NAACP.

And from Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show:

How about this woman Rachel Dolezal in Spokane, Washington? She was president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP but was exposed as a white woman who was pretending to be black. A lot of people are upset, especially her white friends who thought they had at least one black friend.

Rachel Dolezal, the NAACP president in Spokane, was exposed for pretending to be black after her parents showed her Montana birth certificate and said tha
t she is white. Though everyone else said, “Yeah, yeah, we got it at Montana birth certificate.”

Edited by B-Man