'I was born a poor black child'

Thank you. That was a significantly more detailed response than I expected, and I appreciate your taking the time to answer so thoroughly.

The reason I asked for you to define white privilege is because I wanted to see how your definition would square with mine. As I mentioned above, I was accused of being biased because of my WP. I mentioned it in a different thread several months ago, but in brief, I was part of a discussion at my local bar about the BLM march in Dallas last year where five police officers were killed. I happened to mention that I found it a bit ironic that police officers were slain who were there to protect protestors as much as to control the crowd and keep the peace. A young woman overheard me and told me that the irony I perceived was due to my "cis-gendered white privilege".

A week or two later I was at the same bar, and mentioned the incident to the bar tender - a friend of mine who happens to be an Asian-American lesbian. She told me that she thought that was a crappy thing to say to me, but she also said "but c'mon, you've got to admit that white people have it easier than non-whites". My thought was "okay, fair enough. But that's what I call racism. It's not so much that I have an easier time because I'm white, it's that non-whites often experience resistance and difficulty based purely on the prejudice and racism of others". That led me to wonder - are white privilege and racism against non-whites not two sides of the same coin?

That's why I asked you. I have difficulty seeing it as an issue of my privilege, but instead as injustice against non-whites. And if that's the case, is deploying the tag "white privilege" not just another way to divide people further?

To answer your question: it's a concocted idea employed by professional race hustlers who needed a way to remain relevant in a world where real racism doesn't exist.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've accurately encapsulated the central thesis of this book, then I think I'll pass. No use in wasting my time considering an argument that's bunk on its face.

which of course is exactly the problem. not being intellectually curious and instead being intellectually lazy has resulted in us perpetually stuck in this race issue quagmire year after year, decade after decade, century after century

you just buy the popular narrative bc its easy and popular. you dont have to extend yourself at all, just go along with what the majority is saying, that whites are to blame and blacks are universal victims. that narrative brings all of us tremendous pain and damage we dont need, an incalculable amount of unnecessary misery, a myriad of lost experiences and perspectives, all bc it was the easy path

and thus you stay ignorant, not knowing what you dont know, and you continually infect others. we are a nation of race issue typhoid marys, walking around slapping each other on the back for how allegedly racially advanced we are, when in reality we just keep infecting each other over and over again with the same bullѕhit that gets us into the same patch of trouble every time

if you dont like that book, then how about this one:

The Antidote: Healing America From the Poison of Hate, Blame, and Victimhood

by Jesse Lee Peterson (Author)

51K9FL3KeiL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Antidote-Healing-America-Poison-Victimhood-ebook/dp/B01E4U24AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488985113&sr=8-1&keywords=jesse+lee+peterson

mr peterson is a pastor, grew up on a southern plantation, and absolutely despised white people, walking the same path of aggrievement and blame gaming as most of our blackness and enabling whiteness. and then, thank god, he had his epiphany that he in reality had been lied to the whole time, and that it was his own fault for believing the lies. and then he set out on a mission to change all that, wherever he could

he basically says the same things as mr starkes, but as a pastor he does it with considerably more love and understanding. but make no mistake, he is still quite harsh with black folks about the realities of their own delusions, most specifically their widespread and unchecked hatred of whitey for reasons that long since have become invalid

still not highbrow enough for you? how about one of these two:

41mW-PGTkcL._AC_US160_.jpg41mzDikfmwL._AC_US160_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=thomas+sowell

thomas sowell is essentially a sociology scientist, for lack of a better term. he analyzes historical trends of culture

his main point on race is that these negative behaviors we attribute to black people are really a consistent pattern that manifests itself any time any group of ppl are oppressed for long periods of time. the same kinds of widespread thuggery that we see within our current blackness happened in the conflicts between the catholic and the irish, in the brutal civil wars in south africa, and every other place where one group of humans oppresses other groups of humans. by decoupling bad behavior from racism he shows us that those groups that intentionally cling to bad behaviors bc they view them as part of their race are in fact just perpetuating a pattern that actually has nothing to do with race and everything to do with making excuses way beyond when that might have been a legitimate cause

by intentionally staying ignorant you and the majority of americans are just keeping alive these false narratives, the false conclusions, and the horribly cycle of self-inflicted pain we once again find ourselves in like some kind of super fkd up groundhog day. nice freaking job

but yeah, no, go ahead and dont take me up on my offer. just stay the same retards you people have always been on this topic, what could possibly go wrong?

Racism is the new communism, and the latest iteration of the "civil rights" movement is nothing more than McCarthyism. Period.

correct

With all due respect, this comment suggests you don't have a very good understanding of the issue. And further suggests that you don't care much to consider, let alone understand, the issue.

That's fine. Totally your choice. An unfortunate one nonetheless.

absolutely classic white enabling. you are the problem now, my friend

Edited by Meathead

not to fear my favorite hayseed, i have a good one for your level of interest in reading

518nizY-nbL._AC_US160_.jpg

sweedish fish are sometimes good, some times bad.

i do suck at reading. but for whatever reason have a ridiculously high iq. to the point where when i was tested they made me take it over again. it was the adult form iq test not child one. the second one was the full one done by a psychiatrist

per usual, not a single person cares at all about the information ive provided on the highly relevant and transfomative books that would help us all move past the ѕhit that is holding us back on race issues

this is exactly why we just keep creating misery and hardship for ourselves when it comes to whats actually a ridiculously easy topic to manage if you simply have the right perspective

just stay ignorant and we can keep creating this unnecessary suffering ad infinitum

per usual, not a single person cares at all about the information ive provided on the highly relevant and transfomative books that would help us all move past the ѕhit that is holding us back on race issues

this is exactly why we just keep creating misery and hardship for ourselves when it comes to whats actually a ridiculously easy topic to manage if you simply have the right perspective

just stay ignorant and we can keep creating this unnecessary suffering ad infinitum

Little hint: we stopped taking you seriously quite some time ago.

yes, the perils of mob mentality

You're not worth reading. It's not "mob mentality" when it's so blisteringly evident that everyone independently figures it out on their own.

We all think water is wet, too. Not "mob mentality" either.