'I was born a poor black child'

If you think people don't have different life experiences because of their skin color you're a fool. If you do agree with that but aren't interested in those experiences you're.....I'm not sure what you are but you're boring as ****.

I'm not answering for TYTT, but his position appears to be much like mine, so allow me to clarify from my own point of view: just because I believe that everyone is equal regardless of race, gender, etc, doesn't mean that I think they haven't had significantly different life experiences. In fact, I would expect that they would. That doesn't mean that I will treat them any differently than I would expect to be treated myself.

I wonder what magnificent works the great exalted guitar player has done on behalf of Native Americans, Hispanics, Japanese, Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis and other ethnic groups and "races". Last I knew we're one race - the human race. But he's focused on those of African extraction. Hmmm.

It would seem that it's not so much what someone does, but instead how much they claim to care.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not answering for TYTT, but his position appears to be much like mine, so allow me to clarify from my own point of view: just because I believe that everyone is equal regardless of race, gender, etc, doesn't mean that I think they haven't had significantly different life experiences. In fact, I would expect that they would. That doesn't mean that I will treat them any differently than I would expect to be treated myself.

It would seem that it's not so much what someone does, but instead how much they claim to care.

Exactly. Libs/Progs intentions are always "good", and they just know so much better how things should be. In fact, they can't stop telling everyone exactly how they should go about living their lives, all the while doing whatever they damn well please.

Did you hear that Leonardo DiCaprio flew an "Eyebrow Artist" 7,500 miles to do his brows for the Oscars? Some really, really deep environmental concern on display there, I must say. But he and Al, and Barbara can do whatever they want because they purchase "carbon credits". :lol:

I have to agree with Savage a bit on this... "liberalism is a mental disorder."

Who said anything about treating them differently. TTT said he had ZERO interest in hearing about their life experiences as a black man. That's pretty closed minded.

OK, wise ass. Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana.

The life experiences are so much more closely tied to socio-economics, that racial threads become superficial. Any argument against is one that insists one race is inferior in it's ability to succeed.

Again, I'm interested in individuals, not groups. Your argument seems to be much more ugly.

Better to be a wise ass than a dumb ass. I was replying to these exact words from you:

I have zero interests in having a conversation with a black person about their experiences as a black person.

If you think that not one living black person has had different life experiences because of their skin color and you have no desire to hear about those experiences once again your a pretty boring person.

Who said anything about treating them differently. TTT said he had ZERO interest in hearing about their life experiences as a black man. That's pretty closed minded.

Better to be a wise ass than a dumb ass. I was replying to these exact words from you:

I have zero interests in having a conversation with a black person about their experiences as a black person.

If you think that not one living black person has had different life experiences because of their skin color and you have no desire to hear about those experiences once again your a pretty boring person.

In the era of institutional racism, there was merit to the discussion of life experiences with those who shared systemic oppression.

However, now that the yoke of systemic oppression has ended, and has been dead for decades, the differences among us are related to socio-economic causes rather than racial ones.

No one circumstances, in today's America, are because of the color of their skin. The color of a persons skin is superficial and meaningless, when viewed in context with a persons upbringing and choices.

So, unless you are saying that being black biologically causes a difference in an individuals choices, and the choices of their parents (and I'll ask you to defend that argument) then it's a socio-economic issue entirely.

I'll also note that you chose not to respond to this: "Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana."

I'll ask you to do so now.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

LOL.......................too ridiculous to be true...................or is it ?

Rachel Dolezal Changes Name to West African for 'Gift of God' | TMZ ...

Rachel Dolezal, the former head of Spokane, Washington’s NAACP chapter who claimed to be black before her parents ‘outed’ her as white, officially changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo in a Washington court.

rachel-dolezal-parents-raised-her-to-be-

Rachel Dolezal changes her name to Nkechi Diallo | Daily Mail Online

Edited by B-Man

In the era of institutional racism, there was merit to the discussion of life experiences with those who shared systemic oppression.

However, now that the yoke of systemic oppression has ended, and has been dead for decades, the differences among us are related to socio-economic causes rather than racial ones.

No one circumstances, in today's America, are because of the color of their skin. The color of a persons skin is superficial and meaningless, when viewed in context with a persons upbringing and choices.

So, unless you are saying that being black biologically causes a difference in an individuals choices, and the choices of their parents (and I'll ask you to defend that argument) then it's a socio-economic issue entirely.

I'll also note that you chose not to respond to this: "Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana."

I'll ask you to do so now.

So you're saying racism has been wiped from the face of the US? :lol:

You're saying that being black doesn't make them different. It's their upbringing, their parents, schools and socio-economic background that determines who they are. I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm talking about how they've been treated because of their skin color. You know...their experiences.

Who said anything about treating them differently.

this is a technique that the neo-racists (most blacks and enabling whites) use ALL THE TIME

they take what you said, they ADD bad stuff on top of it, they pretend that YOU said those bad things, and then they hold those bad things against you

example: "We have a cultural problem with the routine use and acceptance of excessive violence in blackness (a true statement)." "Oh so you think all black people are violent, huh?"

the obvious reason they do this is for control. once they have branded you with statements you did not make, they can then tell themselves and others that they dont have to listen to anything you have to say bc obviously you are the racist here, in essence controlling the narrative not only for them but for you as well. they have turned their own racism (the assumption that whites are automatically guilty bc they are more naturally racist and therefore inferior) into an accusation of racism against you that usually sticks with most ppl who havent thought it through and thus you get branded. it squelches all legitimate dialog and allows them to claim moral superiority and ignore their own racist bias

which of course is exactly what tasker is doing here

So you're saying racism has been wiped from the face of the US? :lol:

You're saying that being black doesn't make them different. It's their upbringing, their parents, schools and socio-economic background that determines who they are. I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm talking about how they've been treated because of their skin color. You know...their experiences.

it doesnt have to be bad experiences

a chinese person growing up in the far east has completely different perspectives on similar life experience of someone from the west. those are extremely valuable delineations that can teach us enormous vital lessons about human nature and the human experience. this of course applies to all races and cultures and socio-economic backgrounds

we get none of that value if we pretend in some bizarre dysfunctional standard that races dont matter and should be ignored

Edited by Meathead

it doesnt have to be bad experiences

a chinese person growing up in the far east has completely different perspectives on similar life experience of someone from the west. those are extremely valuable delineations that can teach us enormous vital lessons about human nature and the human experience. this of course applies to all races and cultures and socio-economic backgrounds

we get none of that value if we pretend in some bizarre dysfunctional standard that races dont matter and should be ignored

Your arguing against Martin Luther King.

The current Liberal talking point is that it's racist to ignore race.

The idea was to create a culture ignorant of race. Now you're saying that race is a separate culture than cannot be integrated; that a person with darker skin cannot experience the same life as someone lighter.

Personally, I think you're trying to tie the idea of individual uniqueness to your obsession with racial identity.

Edited by unbillievable

Your arguing against Martin Luther King.

i dont understand. please elaborate. theres very few things i ever disagreed with mlk on during my extensive research on him and his message. i can tell you what they are, if youre interested. but i need to know more about what you are referencing here

The current Liberal talking point is that it's racist to ignore race.

no, the current liberal talking point is that its racist to ignore race - except of course those instances where they say its appropriate to ignore race and racist if you dont ignore race
its like the myriad of black campus organizations demanding to not be treated differently bc they are black - and then immediately turning around and demanding all kinds of special rules bc they are black or else they will retaliate against the school

The idea was to create a culture ignorant of race. Now you're saying that race is a separate culture than cannot be integrated; that a person with darker skin cannot experience the same life as someone lighter.

Personally, I think you're trying to tie the idea of individual uniqueness to your obsession with racial identity.

ok well im just going to tell you that if you continue to address me in this manner you wont get many more replies from me. but i will address this issue and hope you can amend your ways to not accuse me of things im not doing

no, i absolutely did not say a race is a separate culture that cannont be integrated. idk where you even came up with that, seems like you pulled that straight out of your ass. i just hope youre not trying to use the classic neoracist technique of adding bad stuff onto what i said bc if you are you will definitely be completely ignored by me. so either retract this or reference it back to something i actually said

i absolutely did not say that a person with darker skin cant experience the same life as someone with lighter skin. that is so out of bounds of reality that you obviously projected your own thoughts into what i said. i am legitimately offended at your assumption and categorically reject what you are trying to pin on me. you better cease and desist all that kind of total bullѕhit right now or you can just forget about getting any dialog with me

finally, mlks objective absolutely for sure was not to create a culture ignorant of race. i can immediately tell that you have not actually read his works yourself or you would know this. he rightfully celebrates the uniqueness of all races and encourages dialog among the races to explore these differences and make constructive use of the variations we find there. of course his message is indeed that we are all essentially the same, that we are brothers and sisters as gods children, and that we should manifest that brotherhood in creating the beloved community. but at no time does that mean we should ever create a culture ignorant of race. that is YOUR projection. you need to go find some of his books and start reading

Edited by Meathead

Using racism to justify racism...

I understand why people are staying away from this discussion. Meathead has no idea what he's actually saying.

Either he can't properly say what he believes, or he's filtering out the negative connections through his bubble of righteousness.

Here's a simple question for meathead:

What would happen if all reference to race was removed from society. ie; applications, media, news, etc. (like the LAtimes refusing to print "Redskins" - like a filter).

Would it makes things worse or better?

LOL.......................too ridiculous to be true...................or is it ?

Rachel Dolezal, the former head of Spokane, Washington’s NAACP chapter who claimed to be black before her parents ‘outed’ her as white, officially changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo in a Washington court.

Nkechi Diallo. Hmmm. That's Swahili for Stupid White B word, isn't it.

Delezal's skin tone is closer to Trump orange than Obama mulatto

Using racism to justify racism...

your definition of racism is horribly broken. youre not alone, you picked it up by listening to popular culture, which could not be more wrong in how it defines racism. i dont even have to look for your age and i can tell you identify with the millennial culture bc thats where this thoroughly broken definition resides and gets its evil life

thats why i keep urging you to start reading, bc you are so blatantly ignorant of the vital issues on this topic. ignorance doesnt mean stupid, it means you just dont know. like a child that doesnt know how to tie their shoes yet, they arent dumb they just havent learned that part of life yet. thats you and the topic of 'racism'. you are simply not knowledgeable and dont realize what you dont know

there. is. no. racism. in. anything. i. ever. say.

you will find that odd, perhaps even funny. but it is a fact. i am not racist, i hold no racist views, and i have dedicated my life to help lift people of color up where they needed it throughout my existence. i MARRIED A FKG BLACK WOMAN for gods sake. not to mention all the volunteer work ive done over the years. and of course the deep and emotionally intimate relationships ive had with many black folks over the years, including right now as we speak. so your statements that i could possibly be espousing racist views are childish in their naive simplicity. please just abandon that tack bc it will get you nowhere

your definition of racism is just flat out broken and you desperately need to re-educate yourself. i suggest you start with the books by taleeb starkes (a black man), jesse lee peterson (a black man), and thomas sowell (a fkg super brilliant black man)

Edited by Meathead

Here's a simple question for meathead:

What would happen if all reference to race was removed from society. ie; applications, media, news, etc. (like the LAtimes refusing to print "Redskins" - like a filter).

Would it makes things worse or better?

again, another simplistic worldview that is childlike in its utter lack of knowledge and perspective, aka a millennials viewpoint

yes, that sure would make life a lot easier wouldnt it? is that the objective, to make all life as easy as possible? is there any consideration at all for WHAT WE WOULD LOSE if we only cared about making life as easy as possible in all ways?

what would we be sacrificing if we erased all race references everywhere? have you even thought about that at all?

we would lose an enormously valuable resource we have available to us if we just stop fkg it up so badly. millennials like to tout multiculturalism so much, then turn around and posit stupid premises like this one. what we would lose are the tremendously invaluable subtle differences in life perspective that the profound gifts of racial differences gives us. if we tried to homogenize all race elements it would be like destroying huge tracts of the rain forest or poisoning trillions of cubic feet of the deep ocean. we would be sabotaging our own existence as human beings by destroying a precious commodity that we get for free if we apply it correctly

you need to be a little embarrassed by your question, just enough to spur you to go buy the books from the authors i mentioned. i can recommend many others. another way is just to go to a big bookstore and find the section on race issues and start browsing - but be careful bc theres a lot of bullѕhit in there that will lead you right back to the crap position you currently are in, the crap position that has got us into this new mess weve created of neoracism. if it starts sounding like stuff you believe now, drop it like its on fire and try another book

Edited by Meathead