Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if EJ elevates his game and becomes an effective starter, the story line will be, "Wow, this kid defied the odds and did something that very few young QBs on a downward trajectory have been able to do in turning their game around."

It will certainly draw Alex Smith comparisons and most likely get Roman a HC job

Having doubts is realistic and acknowledges the actual historical record but bending the truth to the point of breaking it needs to be called out. When it goes beyond accurate observations and reasonable conclusions, I and many others can't let it go. I haven't kept track of the sources for all the crap I have read here and at the BB site but it does make me think that there are some who'd rather win their crusade than have EJ prove to be the QB we have all been waiting for.

They are the same sorts of people who predict the end of the world and are then disappointed to have been wrong.

My sources are saying this will go on until Sep. 12, 2015. At Least.

:lol: So true.

With Firechan, it will go until EJ is gone. No matter how well he may do, the crusade will live until EJ is no longer a Buffalo Bill. Even if EJ fails, he'll still find a way to keep it going. You can take that to the bank.

Firechan wants to see the Bills win above all else. If EJ proves to be the guy, he'll still take shots (because he's entertaining like that) but I would bet it'd be more to rankle you than any sort of real malice. You're kind of fun to get riled up sometimes, Gungy. :beer:

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

Thanks for proving my point, being that you misrepresented what Jim said. At no point in that did Jim say he didn't like EJ's chances, you just read what you wanted to read from his comments. He said he didn't like what's he was currently seeing and hoped EJ would get better.

"EJ has all the potential, he just needs to step up and do it."

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

I have heard some "doubts/criticism"

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The more I look at NFL rewind from last seasons games

- the more I feel Marrone jumped the gun in pulling EJ after the Texans game

- the more I feel Marrone should have inserted EJ after the 2nd Miami game

Kyle Orton was playing like CRAP

EJ Manuel was playing about equal to Kyle Orton after Orton's first 2 games

:lol: So true.

Firechan wants to see the Bills win above all else. If EJ proves to be the guy, he'll still take shots (because he's entertaining like that) but I would bet it'd be more to rankle you than any sort of real malice. You're kind of fun to get riled up sometimes, Gungy. :beer:

This is what happened the last time Firechan pissed me off.

loxVxX5.jpg

The more I look at NFL rewind from last seasons games

- the more I feel Marrone jumped the gun in pulling EJ after the Texans game

- the more I feel Marrone should have inserted EJ after the 2nd Miami game

Kyle Orton was playing like CRAP

EJ Manuel was playing about equal to Kyle Orton after Orton's first 2 games

It's weird that both QBs started hot, and then became weirdly hesitant and conservative.

Thanks for proving my point, being that you misrepresented what Jim said. At no point in that did Jim say he didn't like EJ's chances, you just read what you wanted to read from his comments. He said he didn't like what's he was currently seeing and hoped EJ would get better.

"EJ has all the potential, he just needs to step up and do it."

What the hell else is he gonna say? He doesn't have the tools? If you listen to WGR at all and have heard interviews with Jim Kelly over the last two years, you would have heard him express his doubts over EJ Manuel's long term prospects as a QB. When myself and Bills fan 4 life are in agreement on an issue, it may be time to look in the mirror.

Didn't Jim Kelly throw five interceptions in the first half of one game?

Proving, of course, that EJ Manuel will be good because good QB's have had bad games. Ya know, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf also had bad games. Mike Munchak had a bad game at guard one time, therefore Chris Williams is going to be a good guard in this league.

And also, no, he never even had 5 INT's in one game. Just looked it up.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

What the hell else is he gonna say? He doesn't have the tools? If you listen to WGR at all and have heard interviews with Jim Kelly over the last two years, you would have heard him express his doubts over EJ Manuel's long term prospects as a QB. When myself and Bills fan 4 life are in agreement on an issue, it may be time to look in the mirror.

Proving, of course, that EJ Manuel will be good because good QB's have had bad games. Ya know, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf also had bad games. Mike Munchak had a bad game at guard one time, therefore Chris Williams is going to be a good guard in this league.

Common man, yer better than that. You get into a lather faster than a can of BurmaShave on a hot day in June.