Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

If we are truly being honest here Metz.

Not everyone here supports EJ. you can clearly see that. Other than team loyalty the last thing they want is for EJ to win the job

I think you're confusing 'want' with 'expect' but then again that's probably intentional

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true. he's said both good and bad. H doubt he's ever outright said they suck et el

unless Jimbo has spent 1000's of hours in the film room and at every Bills practice his analysis id that of a fan. or any other hack reporter from ESPN/CBS etc

If we are truly being honest here Metz.

Not everyone here supports EJ. you can clearly see that. Other than team loyalty the last thing they want is for EJ to win the job

What does the word "support" really even mean here? Look, if EJ Manuel wins the job, is starting to play well and has the Bills at 2-0 again, do you really think anyone on this website would want him to suck in week 3 and have the Bills lose to drop to 2-1 just so they can say "I told you so?" I would concede that I kind of want Taylor to win the job because he intrigues me the most but whoever wins the job is the Bills QB and everyone on this website is going to be rooting for them and "supporting" them come week 1, I can promise you that.

I think you're confusing 'want' with 'expect' but then again that's probably intentional

Exactly. I would be surprised if Manuel won the job but honestly, besides kind of pulling for Taylor just because of how some friends of mine from VA Tech have hyped him, I really don't care who wins the job at all. For Christ sake, all I want is to watch a freaking playoff game with dudes wearing Bills uniforms and Bills helmets in January.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

In terms of expect I'd have said 6 weeks I ago I was 90% sure Cassel would start. I think that percentage has dropped alarmingly. I have him and EJ 50/50 based on what I have heard and read so far. I still think Tyrod Taylor is a longshot to no shot at this stage..... for me he is the one who would most have to knock it out of the park in camp and particularly in the pre-season games to be the starter. I think him starting at some point is a fairly good bet but being the day 1 starter? I think that is a way off to be honest.

In terms of expect I'd have said 6 weeks I ago I was 90% sure Cassel would start. I think that percentage has dropped alarmingly. I have him and EJ 50/50 based on what I have heard and read so far. I still think Tyrod Taylor is a longshot to no shot at this stage..... for me he is the one who would most have to knock it out of the park in camp and particularly in the pre-season games to be the starter. I think him starting at some point is a fairly good bet but being the day 1 starter? I think that is a way off to be honest.

I don't expect Taylor to start week 1. I think he has the 3rd best chance of the three and I'd be shocked if anyone disagreed with that. I'm saying if one guy were to really seize control of this thing and emerge as the clear cut starter, I would be most intrigued/excited if it were him.

And one thing that is very important to note here is that if all three completely suck and Manuel sucks the least and is named the starter by default (which could very well happen), that should not be cause for the EJ dreamers to pop the bubbly just yet. I think everyone would agree that it would be nice to see one of these three guys really go out and earn it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I don't expect Taylor to start week 1. I think he has the 3rd best chance of the three and I'd be shocked if anyone disagreed with that.

Prepare to be shocked.

According to Sal C., Taylor has the second best chance to earn the job.

Prepare to be shocked.

According to Sal C., Taylor has the second best chance to earn the job.

Yeah I actually posted that on here a week ago. He had your boy 3rd ya know. I don't put any stock in that yet though. Since he tweeted that, Cassel's stock has fallen quite a bit too. None of it matters until the pads come on.

28 pages...Way too soon and way too few meaningful snaps to have this much conjecture. Let's at least let the preseason begin before we get so aggressive with the predictions. Any of the Top 3 could be starting opening day, and we really don't know **** beyond that yet.

What does the word "support" really even mean here? Look, if EJ Manuel wins the job, is starting to play well and has the Bills at 2-0 again, do you really think anyone on this website would want him to suck in week 3 and have the Bills lose to drop to 2-1 just so they can say "I told you so?" I would concede that I kind of want Taylor to win the job because he intrigues me the most but whoever wins the job is the Bills QB and everyone on this website is going to be rooting for them and "supporting" them come week 1, I can promise you that.

Is this a serious question, or a rhetorical question?

Maybe it just the natural result of 15 years of mostly bad football, but this board seems to be overrun by people who's sole enjoyment derived from following the Bills, is jockeying to position themselves to be the first one to claim that something/someone sucks.

Yeah I actually posted that on here a week ago. He had your boy 3rd ya know. I don't put any stock in that yet though. Since he tweeted that, Cassel's stock has fallen quite a bit too. None of it matters until the pads come on.

So, I guess you're not shocked?

Is this a serious question, or a rhetorical question?

Maybe it just the natural result of 15 years of mostly bad football, but this board seems to be overrun by people who's sole enjoyment derived from following the Bills, is jockeying to position themselves to be the first one to claim that something/someone sucks.

A bit extreme, no bt?

After 15 years of horrible football, the list of accomplishments is far shorter than the list of dismal failures. I want them to win as much as you. Do I have faith in EJ? Absolutely not but this doesn't make me profound or "right." I just watch the games and root for the Bills. :thumbsup:

Can we kill this thread? At this point we're talking about conjecture on an article written weeks ago, and for which there won't be anything new to go on for more than a month.

People were arguing Flutie/Johnson not to long ago to great extents. Not having anything new for more than a month will keep this thread chugging along.

People were arguing Flutie/Johnson not to long ago to great extents. Not having anything new for more than a month will keep this thread chugging along.

Lamonica was The Man. WTF were the Bills thinking trading him instead of Kemp? Oh, and Shaw losing his job to Ferguson in '73 after being Rookie Of The Year in 1970? Come on...he had no chance with those horrible teams. Give the guy room to develop.

A bit extreme, no bt?

After 15 years of horrible football, the list of accomplishments is far shorter than the list of dismal failures. I want them to win as much as you. Do I have faith in EJ? Absolutely not but this doesn't make me profound or "right." I just watch the games and root for the Bills. :thumbsup:

Yeah, maybe a bit extreme.

I guess the constant negativity is just a drag... I guess I just haven't closed the door entirely on EJ just yet. I think he hasn't really played that much, and I also don't think he has been nearly as awful as some have made him out to be...certain posters have been bagging on him, it seems, since his first start...he may not work out, but there is still hope (in my mind anyway) that he can improve and be, at the very least, a credible NFL caliber, game managing QB. In my book, he has shown some promise in that area...

no. I'm pretty sure I am not. some people do not want him starting, they are hoping for it I can guarantee it.

IF he starts oh they might support the move but still criticize his every sneeze.

people's favorite SunTimes

http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/150027/report-bills-cut-matt-cassel-instead-ej-manuel

Report: Bills could cut Matt Cassel instead of EJ Manuel

According to Sporting News, it now appears that veteran QB Matt Cassel could be the one getting the boot. Cassel has lost his status as the teams’ No. 1 quarterback to E. J. Manuel, reports ESPN’s Mike Rodak.

no. I'm pretty sure I am not. some people do not want him starting, they are hoping for it I can guarantee it.

IF he starts oh they might support the move but still criticize his every sneeze.

people's favorite SunTimes

http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/150027/report-bills-cut-matt-cassel-instead-ej-manuel

According to Sporting News, it now appears that veteran QB Matt Cassel could be the one getting the boot. Cassel has lost his status as the teams’ No. 1 quarterback to E. J. Manuel, reports ESPN’s Mike Rodak.

As has been for a long time, the back up QB is the best position for anyone wearing a bills uniform. The fans love the underdog; much like the bills usually are. I remember Fitz, Trent, JP getting love because they weren't the starter. Kind of funny thinking about it now. JP replaced Holcombe, Trent replaced JP, JP replaced Trent, Fitz replaced Trent.

IF he starts oh they might support the move but still criticize his every sneeze. people's favorite SunTimes

Dude, this is the Third time rodaks dribble and hyperbole been printed here. Give it up. if your guy EJ was his wild arse guess you would be crapping all,over rodak. or as you say IN,since you're quoting the same dribble again by the same hack. You're guaranteeing people don't want him starting then name names.Show some sack instead of being a weeny whiner Rumor monger. I don't believe it at all.

After naming names, Then go, out buy a thousand shares of EJ Manuel to prove you know what you're supporting. Post a pic of.the transaction. prove and show your convictions. His stock price is at a all time three year low. talk about a buying opportunity! Hop on it. make some coin as we all watch EJ take us into the promised land this season. I am not aware of a single person here who wouldn't be thrilled if he becomes a winner. As fans it's a game for fun. The Bills are our team. WTF are you saying exactly?

Dude, this is the Third time rodaks dribble and hyperbole been printed here. Give it up. if your guy EJ was his wild arse guess you would be crapping all,over rodak. or as you say IN,since you're quoting the same dribble again by the same hack. You're guaranteeing people don't want him starting then name names.Show some sack instead of being a weeny whiner Rumor monger. I don't believe it at all.

After naming names, Then go, out buy a thousand shares of EJ Manuel to prove you know what you're supporting. Post a pic of.the transaction. prove and show your convictions. His stock price is at a all time three year low. talk about a buying opportunity! Hop on it. make some coin as we all watch EJ take us into the promised land this season. I am not aware of a single person here who wouldn't be thrilled if he becomes a winner. As fans it's a game for fun. The Bills are our team. WTF are you saying exactly?

Here saying if ej gets the starting job that there are those that will support him even though they hope he falls on his face. The article was unnecessary.