Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

last friday on NFLN when asked mJim Kelly didn't go out of his way endorsing him for 2015. EJ's stock price has dropped to $6 and change a buying opproutunity for those who would like to put there money where their mouth is. great kid though and I am serious about that. i wish him luck.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

To be fair, that article is ten months old, which is far longer than any fanatic's attention span-- at least in regards to anything negative about EJ.

Edited by Rocky Landing

To be fair, that article is ten months old, which is far longer than any fanatic's attention span-- at least in regards to anything negative about EJ.

Trust me, it's impossible to forget any of that what with how much people cry about being unfairly judged for having the guts to be the first person to declare EJ a bust.

wasn't Jimbo deep in his treatment for cancer then?

honestly maybe he wasn't fully aware of the coaching blunders and all game film

The more I look at NFL rewind from last seasons games

- the more I feel Marrone jumped the gun in pulling EJ after the Texans game

- the more I feel Marrone should have inserted EJ after the 2nd Miami game

Kyle Orton was playing like CRAP

EJ Manuel was playing about equal to Kyle Orton after Orton's first 2 games

agreed 100% .. well maybe not 100% He should have stuck with EJ

after 2 games the defenses had game film on EJ anf the O. Did Moron actually make the proper changes.

We see the same with KO. 2 decent games and 2 stinkers rinse and repeat.

It's weird that both QBs started hot, and then became weirdly hesitant and conservative.

the common denominator the HC

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Have I mentioned recently that all y'all crack me the !@#$ up?

And cue BF4E in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Now this is funny!!! :w00t:

He was eligible for the practice squad last year, and then they increased the eligibility substantially. I went to look on a Jet board and the only mention of it was some fan who thought he was indeed eligible for this season. I was worried he wasn't going to be because of his status in 2013 but since he was eligible last year and I do not think he was active for nine games last year, I think he may be okay. I doubt very much he will make the active roster though. I'm beginning to think more and more we will only keep two, simply because of the need/want for 3-4 TEs, the talent and stature of 3-4 RB, the need for a FB, the talent of Goodwin and Hogan (if not Justin Brown or Dez Lewis), etc. We need the extra spot.

Pro football reference shows him active for 3 games in 2013 and 1 game in 2014.

Pro football reference shows him active for 3 games in 2013 and 1 game in 2014.

I'm fairly certain he was active for all of 2013 because he was the only other qb on the roster after Geno Smith, who was a rookie. He was active for only game in 2014 (see the other thread).

BillsFan-4-Ever, on 22 Jun 2015 - 4:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Now this is funny!!! :w00t:

that sir was the intent.

Every QB does things that can be criticized. Which QB hasn't JK been critical of?

Every QB does things that can be criticized. Which QB hasn't JK been critical of?

And which starting QB since Kelly retired hasn't he praised? I'm sorry, folks, Jim Kelly's opinion really shouldn't be counted on in our assessment of the Bills' QB situation.

If Cassel is outplayed throughout camp and preseason but still gets the starting gig, it will be very disturbing.

By who's opinion would being outplayed count? Yours, mine, the media? Do you really think that if Cassel is named the starter that the only people whose opinion matters made that decision (The coaches).

It's only disturbing if you trust some hack who makes a few bucks or nothing to blog about his opinion on the internet vs. coaches who get paid millions to evaluate properly.

By who's opinion would being outplayed count? Yours, mine, the media? Do you really think that if Cassel is named the starter that the only people whose opinion matters made that decision (The coaches).

It's only disturbing if you trust some hack who makes a few bucks or nothing to blog about his opinion on the internet vs. coaches who get paid millions to evaluate properly.

I agree with what you're saying (coaches will make the decision they think is best for the team), but I'm also guessing the post you're responding to was probably just echoing what most of us (I think) feel -- we'll be very disappointed for a variety of reasons if Cassel is the starter.

If every reporter is saying the same thing, yes, I would tend to at least consider the possibility that they are correct. If all that is reported is that QB X is hot garbage every day, and they get the job, that will be hard to understand regardless of how much the coaches get paid.

Eball is right about my opinion. It will be even more disappointing if that QB is Cassel.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

If every reporter is saying the same thing, yes, I would tend to at least consider the possibility that they are correct. If all that is reported is that QB X is hot garbage every day, and they get the job, that will be hard to understand regardless of how much the coaches get paid.

Eball is right about my opinion. It will be even more disappointing if that QB is Cassel.

Except the reporters are not seeing these guys every practice. They aren't seeing leadership or film sessions. They see controlled pieces of an overall plan where one guy might be better for some reason. But when all the pieces are added up, he maybe the worst. My hope is that one f the younger guys steps up because we then don't have to worry about the Qb slot for a few years (barring injury). But if they don't we are better served this season by having the vet start.

Edited by VABills

Except the reporters are not seeing these guys every practice. They aren't seeing leadership or film sessions. They see controlled pieces of an overall plan where one guy might be better for some reason. But when all the pieces are added up, he maybe the worst. My hope is that one f the younger guys steps up because we then don't have to worry about the Qb slot for a few years (barring injury). But if they don't we are better served this season by having the vet start.

The reporters saw every third practice of the OTAs. I think they saw all of the three day mini camp.

And which starting QB since Kelly retired hasn't he praised? I'm sorry, folks, Jim Kelly's opinion really shouldn't be counted on in our assessment of the Bills' QB situation.

Agreed completely. I invoked Jim Kelly initially because I said that all I and a bunch of other people have said is that we don't feel very confident in EJ Manuel's chances of developing into a franchise QB. No one is rooting against him, no one "hates" him, everyone "supports" him but if I was a betting man, which I am, I would say that the odds are stacked against him at this point. And all I said was that Jim Kelly himself has expressed a similar opinion several times- lest he too be called a "hater," etc.

true. he's said both good and bad. H doubt he's ever outright said they suck et el

unless Jimbo has spent 1000's of hours in the film room and at every Bills practice his analysis id that of a fan. or any other hack reporter from ESPN/CBS etc

Agreed completely. I invoked Jim Kelly initially because I said that all I and a bunch of other people have said is that we don't feel very confident in EJ Manuel's chances of developing into a franchise QB. No one is rooting against him, no one "hates" him, everyone "supports" him but if I was a betting man, which I am, I would say that the odds are stacked against him at this point. And all I said was that Jim Kelly himself has expressed a similar opinion several times- lest he too be called a "hater," etc.

If we are truly being honest here Metz.

Not everyone here supports EJ. you can clearly see that. Other than team loyalty the last thing they want is for EJ to win the job