Petition for the Bills vs Jags game available on DirecTV

No way. This is a great thing for football fans, and technology. Why are people so attached to their cable and satellite providers?

Just hook your TV to the Internet already.

Because it completes the double-wide?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm signing because I pay for the Sunday Ticket to see Bills play. I've been a Bills fan since their inception. My internet connection doesn't have the capability to allow me to watch this game streaming live and it's the best internet option available where I live.

yeah, you definitely need to petition because that crap @ss DSL that comes bundled with it DEFINITELY won't be streaming it...lmao!!!

DSL is the new Dial-up

Edited by matter2003

Why? You clearly have internet, and the game is free. Why does it matter?

I pay for ALL the games on Sunday Ticket. I also pay for TIVO and record all the Bills game and re watch later. I won't be able to do that. I want what I paid for. Too much to ask?

ESPN ticker stated game will be shown in local markets on TV

The game was always going to be broadcast locally in Buffalo and Jacksonville, that's standard operating procedure for the London games.

Anyways, talk about your first world problems...

More people can see it online than DirecTV....Most people have internet....not everyone has DirecTV. What's your reasoning?

not so true. Most people in rural ares like me dont have high speed. Heck on the best day I may get 1k for speed. It is hard to watch a game without it buffering alot.

not so true. Most people in rural ares like me dont have high speed. Heck on the best day I may get 1k for speed. It is hard to watch a game without it buffering alot.

I didn't say all people.

yeah, you definitely need to petition because that crap @ss DSL that comes bundled with it DEFINITELY won't be streaming it...lmao!!!

DSL is the new Dial-up

yes. 72.9% of americans have access to HSI. That leaces 27.1% that do not. Of the 72% how many of them are satalite and if the stream the game will be throttled the rest of the month. Of those that do have HSI how many of them do not have fast enough internet because they cant get it like me? Not a good plan IMHO

I didn't say all people.

I didnt say all in my reply...your point?

I pay for ALL the games on Sunday Ticket. I also pay for TIVO and record all the Bills game and re watch later. I won't be able to do that. I want what I paid for. Too much to ask?

It's not on Sunday ticket, so you didn't pay for it.

Yahoo has exclusive live internet streaming rights. It does not have exclusive broadcast rights.

DirecTV may be prohibited from streaming the game through their optional package, but not prohibited from satellite broadcasting. It should be on the Sunday Ticket.

yes. 72.9% of americans have access to HSI. That leaces 27.1% that do not. Of the 72% how many of them are satalite and if the stream the game will be throttled the rest of the month. Of those that do have HSI how many of them do not have fast enough internet because they cant get it like me? Not a good plan IMHO

I didnt say all in my reply...your point?

because you said his post wasn't true, when it was

I think the point is......it should be made available both on the internet and on DirecTV for those that pay the cost Sunday Ticket charges.

I have Sunday Ticket. I'd much prefer to walk down my stairs, put the TV on at 9:30 AM and watch the Bills on my 65" HDTV. Instead, I will have to get the game up on my laptop.....hook the laptop up to the t.v. and watch the game at what will surely be a much lower quality picture. I'll also have to deal with all of the interruptions via internet connections, that Yahoo will surely encounter in what is essentially a guinea pig trial for them.

Now, for those that don't pay for Sunday Ticket, great, you can watcht he Bills games. For those that plunk down hundred of $'s to see "Every game, Every Sunday", though, not quite fair IMO. Give us both options, don't force me to watch it through Yahoo's live stream, when I pay big bucks to watch it through DirecTV's satellite feed.

So...because you don't have a technical setup that can do something as simple as display web video or your pc desktop to your screen with a push of a button..we should gold common sense innovation that games be shown on the internet instead of through regional carriers.

Instead of spending all that time on a petition figure out your setup or spend $30 and get a chromecast

Sadly I don't think this situation is going to change because the precedent has already been set - I understand last year's London game that started early in the morning was not on DTV, so I don't see how this year is going to be any different.

For those folks wondering what the fuss is about, you either live in the local market where you'll see it on TV or you have tremendous faith in the ability of Yahoo. I hope this works - I really do, but I have a long list of concerns:

- Inability of the system to support the viewership - how many times have you seen something streamed on the Internet that looks good and has no issues with buffering, pixylization, etc.? Yes, sports have been broadcast on the Internet before, but never as an exclusive for such a big event. Providers know (or should know) the size of their audience if they are only broadcasting to people who are subscribing to an event. Even if the event is not subscription, if there's another way to watch it (i.e. - TV broadcast), it's going to greatly reduce the number of people watching online. The Bills Jags game is not subscription and anyone who watches (outside of the local markets) MUST use Yahoo to see it.

- Inability to pause/record/watch later - I don't know about you, but I frequently pause the game and go back to watch something again. i also like to record it so I can go back and re-watch later - neither appeears to be an option with Yahoo.

- TV vs. Computer - I have a nice 55" TV in my living room - it's where I want to watch the game, not on my desktop or laptop on a small screen. Hooking the TV up to the Internet is a pain, and if the video quality is poor it's actually going to look worse on a big screen.

I pay for Sunday Ticket so I can hav an HD feed to my TV for every game, can pause/rewind and record it and watch it later - I don't get any of this with the Yahoo model.