Could Cordy Glenn really start off season on 2nd string?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disregarding the Glenn angle, it would be fantastic if it turns out that both Henderson and CK become top NFL talents this season. More likely however, the Bills and Roman "loving what they are seeing" translates to "They are not going to be busts! They should contribute in a positive way this season."

I wonder if he's the vet who showed up out of shape...

They said that he was the player in the best shape on the team when they got back. They singled Glenn out.

Disregarding the Glenn angle, it would be fantastic if it turns out that both Henderson and CK become top NFL talents this season. More likely however, the Bills and Roman "loving what they are seeing" translates to "They are not going to be busts! They should contribute in a positive way this season."

This is probably more accurate. Nice take Dibs.

I like Carucci but all of this hinges on Kouandjio making a huge leap this year and that he is somehow a better OL than Glenn. I just don't see that happening at this point. No matter what Marrone said last season, Henderson was the best OL last year... which I disagree with, Glenn is the best OL at this point and has proven it.

I'm thinking they're getting Seantrel ready to be a swing tackle. Maybe Glenn and Henderson start but if one of them gets hurt Kujo comes in as RT and the other plays LT. Plus if we're not able to sign Glenn we have someone who can step in the following year.

I also thought it was interesting that Marrone thought "Henderson consistently performed the best of all of the team’s offensive linemen last season.". I don't remember that being talked about here, didn't PFF rate him pretty low?

If Kojo pans out (which so far, things are looking much better than last year), then I suspect Henderson may end up at guard. That would be one big bad o-line.

This is all speculation. They're not in pads and these are hardly full practices. We need to see him in preseason games 1st.

In another thread it was specifically mentioned how the line was going to have lots of personnel changes at first, and there would be a freak out the first time Player X gets put with the two's. Its OTAs! I look at the upside of having Seantrel or Kujo being a swing tackle also.

No chance; if that is the case Glenn is a starting guard. He's their best OL.

And if they move Glenn to G, he's gone. That move would cost him a ton of money and some team will pay him LT money. He was a borderline pro bowl LT BM (Before Marrone).

I'm thinking they're getting Seantrel ready to be a swing tackle. Maybe Glenn and Henderson start but if one of them gets hurt Kujo comes in as RT and the other plays LT. Plus if we're not able to sign Glenn we have someone who can step in the following year.

I also thought it was interesting that Marrone thought "Henderson consistently performed the best of all of the team’s offensive linemen last season.". I don't remember that being talked about here, didn't PFF rate him pretty low?

I don't trust Marrone's opinion on anything (not that I regard PFF's that highly either). My thoughts on Henderson was he was good for a 7th round rookie RT but has a long way to go before I would trust him at LT.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/6/3/8718047/could-henderson-kouandjio-be-opening-day-starters

Vic Carcucci of The Buffalo News thinks the Bills and Greg Roman love what they are seeing from Seantrel Henderson at left tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio at right tackle.

I am at a loss to explain this. Motivation? Either Glenn is loafing and this is a message to him (which doesn't jibe with him coming in in such great shape) or they're trying to build up Henderson and/or Koujo (which makes more sense). I can't believe they're talking like this trying to dangle anyone on the trade block. They don't have the depth. My money is on confidence boosting. Light a fire under Henderson and Koujo and see if one really grabs that RT job. We really need one to step up there. Edited by BarleyNY