Bills Teammates Rave about Tyrod Taylor

It's still WAY too early to know who will start at QB for Buffalo, but two Bills players specifically mentioned Tyrod Taylor by name on Tuesday: http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1551621-bills-players-rave-about-qb-tyrod-taylor

If Taylor is accurate, as Nigel Bradham mentioned, that'd put him ahead of Manuel and Cassel for me. Hope he's as good as Bradham and Jackson said at training camp.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accuracy is the key. I was listening to some national guys talk about Kaepernick this morning and how he was successful because teams feared his athleticism but he was not accurate at all and his pass attempts were always intentionally low...SF just schemed according to what he could do vs what he couldn't do. Once defenses figured him out they could take away his stengths and Kap wasn't able to compensate with his passing. IF Taylor can do both remotely well and not turn the ball over, he fits what Roman wants to do.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's still WAY too early to know who will start at QB for Buffalo, but two Bills players specifically mentioned Tyrod Taylor by name on Tuesday: http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1551621-bills-players-rave-about-qb-tyrod-taylor

If Taylor is accurate, as Nigel Bradham mentioned, that'd put him ahead of Manuel and Cassel for me. Hope he's as good as Bradham and Jackson said at training camp.

"If Taylor is accurate" is a big if. EJ knows about that big if.

Cassel starts, Tyrod for a change of pace. Simms to the clipboard. Manuel to the curb.

My belief.

Please no. I will start out by saying I'm a EJ fan, but I want one of the two young QBs to win the starting job. I'm to the point I don't care if it's EJ or Tyrod anybody but Cassel.

This would be great. But I am not banking on Taylor suddenly being an accurate passer.

What's frustrating is that I thought the reason we jettisoned Fitz for EJ was that we were getting a guy with all the physical stuff, including the accuracy and big arm. Fitz is more accurate and makes deeper throws than EJ.

I don't know what can be taken from this without some context.

Bradham: TT has been great. He's been accurate and he's elusive.

Taylor: ...probably the most athletic QB in the league.

Who knows? Maybe they were actually raving about him....but maybe they were simply answering questions and these specific parts were taken to create an interesting narative for an article.

Who knows? Maybe they were actually raving about him....but maybe they were simply answering questions and these specific parts were taken to create an interesting narative for an article.

BINGO!! Remember Bradham went to FSU. Hint, hint

Dibs that crap never happens. Come on man get real. :nana:

Granted, I haven't seen Taylor take a lot of snaps, but the few I've seen, he seems to have a propensity for making himself shorter in the pocket. I'll bet Lee is working with him on not bending his knees so much when he sets up. It's not like he starts out as a tall guy to begin with.

GO BILLS!!!

Accuracy is the key. I was listening to some national guys talk about Kaepernick this morning and how he was successful because teams feared his athleticism but he was not accurate at all and his pass attempts were always intentionally low...SF just schemed according to what he could do vs what he couldn't do. Once defenses figured him out they could take away his stengths and Kap wasn't able to compensate with his passing. IF Taylor can do both remotely well and not turn the ball over, he fits what Roman wants to do.

kap always came across as a mental midget to me, even when winning, he bore this out in his last few losses, especially the last one to san diego which had playoff implications for us, a true moron, like edwards.

The comments by Bradham and Jax have been overblown. Taylor is too short and doesn't read defenses well enough. I expect Manuel to get the first shot as the starter because he has all of the physical tools. He has the most upside. He just needs the right system and play calling to play to his strengths. Taylor is just a tease.

Roman will use Manuel's athleticism to make him effective and efficient.

The Bills have so many weapons on offense now that the QB just needs to be able to get the ball into the hands of guys like McCoy, Watkins, Harvin, Clay, Woods, Jackson, Goodwin and let them make the big plays.

Manuel needs to be aggressive and he needs to run the ball this year when the opportunity presents itself.

It's total BS to think that Manuel will not be in a Bills uniform this year like has been rumored.

Roman's schemes and play calling will help Manuel to succeed immensely.

I don't know why I got this sudden burst of optimism, but if EJ will just take 500 snaps/dropbacks/and passes each day every day,, no matter what his mechanics, he'll become more accurate. It doesn't matter if his arm falls off, cause it won't matter if the thing hanging from his shoulder is still a dumb bomb.