Would Ya? - Caitlyn Jenner

Gugny

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have an answer to this question, but I'll ask it -- are or should we be concerned that high profile transformations like this may play a role in "persuading" people who may just be a little awkward or ill-adjusted that the answer to their problems is changing their sex?

I do think the subject of mental health (and treatment for same) should enter the discussion.

I couldn't care less about what a rich dude decides to do with his money. If he's been miserable for 65 years, I hope he enjoys the last 15.

And no, I wouldn't. Jessica Lange lost her looks a number of years ago.

One of my favorite comments on Twitter today: "Sure, we know Wheaties are supposed to be good for you, but can we talk about the side effects now?"

GMO's doing this to people? Who knows but something is going on. Anyway, I wonder if he's going to get the butt implants to mimic the signature Kardashian booty.

If Bruce had become a woman when he was still competing athletically, should he have been allowed to compete against women?

The Williams sisters do.

Caitlyn?

Oh. You mean Bruce.

No. He's got a "Y" chromosome. He's a dude.

Agreed. Still has dude parts. Still a dude.

If Bruce had become a woman when he was still competing athletically, should he have been allowed to compete against women?

If Bruce was not on the that reality TV show with the Kardashinas would people care about this?

I don't have an answer to this question, but I'll ask it -- are or should we be concerned that high profile transformations like this may play a role in "persuading" people who may just be a little awkward or ill-adjusted that the answer to their problems is changing their sex?

I do think the subject of mental health (and treatment for same) should enter the discussion.

I couldn't care less about what a rich dude decides to do with his money. If he's been miserable for 65 years, I hope he enjoys the last 15.

I worked for a corporate dining company and our corporate chef had a sex change operation. A few years after he had it done he realized he had made a terrible mistake.

I worked for a corporate dining company and our corporate chef had a sex change operation. A few years after he had it done he realized he had made a terrible mistake.

Was it Bobby Flay?

Agreed. Still has dude parts. Still a dude.

No...they can remove those.

Gender identity politics is just such a load of bull ****, I dodge the whole thing by simply saying: "You have a 'Y', you're a guy." End of !@#$ing discussion.

if i recall correctly, that was asked in the interview, but I think she evaded the question but kind of made us think she isn't...pretty much asexual at the moment. but i could be wrong as i didn't watch the interview, just read about it afterwards

Despite his transition, Jenner said he is still attracted to women.

"No, I'm not gay. I am as far as I know, heterosexual," he said. "I've never been with a guy, I've always been married, raising kids."

So, Sawyer asked, is she a lesbian?

"You're going back to the sex thing, and it's apples and oranges," said Jenner, who has been married three times. "Sexuality is who you are personally attracted to. But gender identity is who you are as a person and your soul and who you identify as inside."

Is Caitlyn a lesbian?

Edited by The Poojer

if i recall correctly, that was asked in the interview, but I think she evaded the question but kind of made us think she isn't...pretty much asexual at the moment. but i could be wrong as i didn't watch the interview, just read about it afterwards

It's all very confusing.

sure is. I hope it is all worth it for her, glad it's not me going through that kind of life decision.

You are a very reasonable man Pooj.

And...No.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

sure is. I hope it is all worth it for her, glad it's not me going through that kind of life decision.

Believe me, in less than two years you're going to how much money he's making off of this, and you'll be thinking about how you'd look in that cute little spaghetti strap number you saw in the window at Lane Bryant.

Edited by LABillzFan

Caitlyn?

Oh. You mean Bruce.

No. He's got a "Y" chromosome. He's a dude.

This is the part that gets me. It's like there's a contingency of policially correct !@#$s that have to take everything to a level of absurdity. Now some of them act as though it's both incorrect and offensive to refer to a dude with breasts and a dress as he, science be damned.

This is the part that gets me. It's like there's a contingency of policially correct !@#$s that have to take everything to a level of absurdity. Now some of them act as though it's both incorrect and offensive to refer to a dude with breasts and a dress as he, science be damned.

If you think that's bad, you clearly haven't experienced the discussions surrounding "cisgender" and its oppressiveness yet...

If you think that's bad, you clearly haven't experienced the discussions surrounding "cisgender" and its oppressiveness yet...

I didn't even realize there was such a term until right now. The smug self-righteousness is nauseating. My misanthropy is spiking

I didn't even realize there was such a term until right now. The smug self-righteousness is nauseating. My misanthropy is spiking

That's just because you're a role-normative binary genderist cismale. You unfeeling son of a B word.

:lol: That is incredible.

What's incredible is that people spend $100k to get college degrees in that subject.

What's incredible is that people spend $100k to get college degrees in that subject.

I just pray that there are enough grants and student aid packages available to fund such a worthwhile academic endeavor.

Edit: All my life I never knew I was so priveleged. :lol:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I am curious what some of the members here would call a family member if they went through something like this? I could not imagine calling a member of my family 'disgusting' or 'it' if they felt so strongly about their gender identification that they went through something this traumatic and drastic. I know we all like to joke or mock that which we don't understand because it is a coping mechanism, but in the end, they are real people with real feelings, and they have families and friends with real feelings.

Coping from what?

perhaps i misspoke by calling it a coping mechaninsm, maybe it is a defence mechanism, but whatever the correct term is, it is very similar to when we laugh at things that we don't understand or stress us out because the laughing allows us to better handle the unknown situation. Humans are constantly making jokes about tragic situations(not calling this a tragic situation), that is the type of action I am trying to describe here.

Coping from what?

Edited by The Poojer

+1 I don't have a problem with anyone living the way they want and respect the decision if that's the simple truth of the matter but maybe Bruce had some screwed up component of his childhood that some counseling would resolve? I hope he at least considered it.

+1 I don't have a problem with anyone living the way they want and respect the decision if that's the simple truth of the matter but maybe Bruce had some screwed up component of his childhood that some counseling would resolve? I hope he at least considered it.

He probably had some.

For all I know, some counseling may be mandatory for such gender changes. It definitely should be - a gender change is not an easy thing to deal with, and calls for some professional psychological support.