The press speculates on EJ's future

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFCE

Could see Pats as a way to add depth and competition behind Bradys approaching exit. Also as a tacit endorsement they dont respect bills capability to develop talent. Dont see jets or fins wanting him.

AFCN

Could see steelers taking him to backup Ben. Like Ben he's a big guy that can hang in there in the pocket. Just not as accurate. Ravens too to replace Taylor. And of course Cleveland, where many 1st round cast offs make a stop.

AFCS

Maybe Colts for cheap insurance behind Luck, but the others like Titans and Jags no as they won't want any controversy behind their new young guns. Texans maybe , depends what they think of Mallett and not wanting to upset the balance.

AFCW

Chargers and Chiefs maybe for depth behind vets. Raiders no, not wanting to upset situation with Carr, Denver no, not seeing him fit into Kubiaks system.

NFCE

Giants not with Nassib. Skins perhaps, kind of like Cleveland, lot of cast offs flow thru there. Cowboys maybe for depth. Eagles no, not accurate enough and they already have a full roster.

NFCN

Bears would be one of my top candidates. Cheap way to take a flyer on replacing that high priced bust Cutler. Also could fit well on their roster. Vikings no, not with Teddy. Packers no, they like homegrown. Lions no, not accurate enough to spell Stafford.

NFCS

Panthers could be another good spot, as EJ is kind of a "Cam light". Big guy that can move but not accurate. Saints no as they just drafted Brees heir. Bucs no, after just drafting Winston. Atl maybe, but I think his lack of accuracy will hurt his chances behind Ryan.

NFCW

9ers maybe if the new regime wants to part with Gabbert. Also he's friends with Kap, and could be considered "Kap-light". Seahawks maybe as they look for value, and like Pats make a tacit endorsement Bills cant develop talent (see Beast mode). Cards definitely as they always seem to need more bodies at QB. Same for Rams

Edited by JTSP

This here!

Does not mean I am sold on him either though, I could still see any of the 3 starting.

im not sure anyone is sold on him at this point, but all of these teams have guys who scouted him at the college and pro level. If these playoff teams who actually have drafted franchise QBs and I'd expect must have decent scouts to get where they are look at EJ and think highly enough to trade a pick, as well as likely cut a current player to make room on the roster.... The Bills, who are neither a playoff team nor have a QB, give him up for a 6th after spending a 1st rd pick and investing 2+ yrs of development? So stupid. Edited by YoloinOhio