The press speculates on EJ's future

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still 4 QBs, 1 has to go. I can't imagine the Bills picking up Simms just to release him, he's clearly a back up to a back up. That means 1 of the other 3 has to go. I think that it's a 2 horse race between Taylor and Manuel and Ryan has been praising Taylor and I don't see or hear a lot about Manuel coming from him. I hope I'm wrong, I like Manuel, he's been working his ass off but I think that the poor bastard got caught in a cross fire with all the changes we have been going through. Marone didn't do Manuel any favors, that's for sure.

Are you on something? Simms is obviously replacing Tuel as the fourth QB. If they ever kept Matt Simms over one of the other three (baring any injury reasons) then it's truly time for the Buffalo Bills franchise to admit they don't know what they are doing and call it quits.

But unfortunately for him, he is Matt Simms.

Sammy was talking up EJ earlier.

That's the only thing I remember specifically, but I couldn't say that other teammates hadn't talked up other QB's.

I just have this problem where I like to see the point put into context far too often...I'm working on it.

Yep. And Corey Graham was talking up Tyrod.

That's as I suspected; each QB is going to be talked up through this process.

There's still 4 QBs, 1 has to go. I can't imagine the Bills picking up Simms just to release him, he's clearly a back up to a back up. That means 1 of the other 3 has to go. I think that it's a 2 horse race between Taylor and Manuel and Ryan has been praising Taylor and I don't see or hear a lot about Manuel coming from him. I hope I'm wrong, I like Manuel, he's been working his ass off but I think that the poor bastard got caught in a cross fire with all the changes we have been going through. Marone didn't do Manuel any favors, that's for sure.

Seriously?

You mean like when the Bills picked up Matt Leinart? Or how about when they picked up Jordan Palmer? Or Matt Flynn? Or Dennis Dixon?

I can't believe this, I thought that I made it clear. Does anyone really think that the Bills are going to keep 4 QBs??! I didn't think so. That means that at least one of them has to go. What I said was that I don't believe that the Bills claimed Simms just to release him. By that observation then that means that 1 of the other 3 QBs, Manuel, Cassell and Taylor, would have to be disposed of. I don't believe then that it would be Cassell, he's great insurance. That leaves 2, Manuel and Taylor and the way that Ryan has been crowing about Taylor I wouldn't expect it to be him. That leaves Manuel. Geesh! Btw, after hearing about Manziel today it wouldn't surprise me if Cleveland considers other options at that position.

I can't believe this, I thought that I made it clear. Does anyone really think that the Bills are going to keep 4 QBs??! I didn't think so. That means that at least one of them has to go. What I said was that I don't believe that the Bills claimed Simms just to release him. By that observation then that means that 1 of the other 3 QBs, Manuel, Cassell and Taylor, would have to be disposed of. I don't believe then that it would be Cassell, he's great insurance. That leaves 2, Manuel and Taylor and the way that Ryan has been crowing about Taylor I wouldn't expect it to be him. That leaves Manuel. Geesh! Btw, after hearing about Manziel today it wouldn't surprise me if Cleveland considers other options at that position.

why don't you think they would waive Simms before the season? And then sign him to the PS? He was on Jets PS last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Jets signed and released Simms about three different times when he was with Rex. What makes you think he won't do it again. With Geno as a possible starter, Fitz as the vet backup and Petty as the rookie with a possible future, Simms had no chance with the Jets and likely few if any takers around the league. The Bills need four QBs for all of the reps to be fair for the three guys, and there is a possibility that one of them will get hurt or suck. When it was clear they knew what everyone but Marrone did, that Tuel was horrible, they signed Simms. It's possible he will be the third. It's more like he's just there to keep the fourth reps in the square.

But unfortunately for him, he is Matt Simms.

Sammy was talking up EJ earlier.

The same Sammy whose body language and refusal to sell out for poorly thrown balls got EJ benched last year?

The same Sammy whose body language and refusal to sell out for poorly thrown balls got EJ benched last year?

That was Woods. But even if Sammy did do it, he's changed his mind.

More likely imo he was coached on only saying nice things about his team mates publicly

That's really what i think - because in my eyes it was both Sammy and Woods doing it those last few games that EJ played.............It's the main reason I have no confidence that he can be the man. His receivers don't believe in him.

That's really what i think - because in my eyes it was both Sammy and Woods doing it those last few games that EJ played.............It's the main reason I have no confidence that he can be the man. His receivers don't believe in him.

It was shockingly obvious in those last two games. Uncomfortable to watch.

What I said was that I don't believe that the Bills claimed Simms just to release him.

And as previously stated the Bills, under Whaley, have signed multiple QB's only to release them a day, a week or a month later. Why do you think this makes Simms safe? Because it's Rex? Rex, with the Jets, signed and released Simms.

No one is saying the Bills will keep 4 QB's. I think most agree the Bills will keep 3 but why do you assume Simms is safe?

That's the thing though, Sammy and Woods are babies in NFL career timeline-wise, not personal attack-wise. They're kind of clueless in that respect. These two WRs do not yet know that the NFL is not a Madden football video game. That it takes actually time to develop as an NFL QB. Do they know that Orton sucked much worse than Manuel in his early career? That Brees sucked too? So to did Eli Manning? Kurt Warner wasn't good until he was 28 years old? Tony Romo got to have two years of development time? And on and on and on...

The transition from college QB to NFL QB is huge. It's been said so many times, but I think that there is a contingent of fans here that just want to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that you're either good or you're not at the QB position. That there is simply no way you can get better once you have played and it did not go smoothly.

Exhibit A is right on our team and his name is Jerry Hughes. Was he always this great or did he need a few years to make the transition to the NFL game? Think that Indy wished they had patience? Sammy and Robert were kind of being young clueless kids not understanding the fact that the vast majority of QBs take time. Turnabout is fair play though, because if Manuel does win the job and plays very well, he will have every right to rip into both Sammy and Robert on the field if they screw up. If they think they are good enough to make grand jesters during a game towards the QB, then they are good enough to take it from the QB.

That's the thing though, Sammy and Woods are babies in NFL career timeline-wise, not personal attack-wise. They're kind of clueless in that respect. These two WRs do not yet know that the NFL is not a Madden football video game. That it takes actually time to develop as an NFL QB. Do they know that Orton sucked much worse than Manuel in his early career? That Brees sucked too? So to did Eli Manning? Kurt Warner wasn't good until he was 28 years old? Tony Romo got to have two years of development time? And on and on and on...

The transition from college QB to NFL QB is huge. It's been said so many times, but I think that there is a contingent of fans here that just want to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that you're either good or you're not at the QB position. That there is simply no way you can get better once you have played and it did not go smoothly.

Exhibit A is right on our team and his name is Jerry Hughes. Was he always this great or did he need a few years to make the transition to the NFL game? Think that Indy wished they had patience? Sammy and Robert were kind of being young clueless kids not understanding the fact that the vast majority of QBs take time. Turnabout is fair play though, because if Manuel does win the job and plays very well, he will have every right to rip into both Sammy and Robert on the field if they screw up. If they think they are good enough to make grand jesters during a game towards the QB, then they are good enough to take it from the QB.

But the knocks against him if true ....inaccurate and "slow eyes" (i.e. can't read defense fast enough)...will he hard to overcome

His young receivers needed to be taken to the woodshed and spanked.