The press speculates on EJ's future

Rex gets a woody for QBs that can run like this. He traded for Tebow, and signed Vick. Perhaps its his defensive mind has a harder time figuring out how to defend them. If it looks like EJ's arm is no better than this guys, I could see him reasoning he might as well stay with the more Mobile guy.

Rex was not in charge of Jests front office; he may have influence which dwindled but I do not see why some can not tell difference between front office jobs and coaches.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex was not in charge of Jests front office; he may have influence which dwindled but I do not see why some can not tell difference between front office jobs and coaches.

He "may" have influence? A head coach "may" have influence over decisions involving signing QBs? Did you think about that statement before you pressed the Post button? :)

I know Rex is the Bills HC now and you only want to think good thoughts. But come on man :)

He "may" have influence? A head coach "may" have influence over decisions involving signing QBs? Did you think about that statement before you pressed the Post button? :)

I know Rex is the Bills HC now and you only want to think good thoughts. But come on man :)

Seems like so far nearly every off season move was done for rex:

- signing the troubled incognito

- trade for shady

- sign harvin

- first draft pick a db

- sign taylor

see new thread

Greg Roman presser: addresses QB rumors

/thread

Haven't been following the Joe B pieces, but nothing here contradicts VC. All he said was a) its an open competition and b) he feels if EJ didn't win starter then he won't be on the roster, could be traded for a late round pick Edited by JTSP

It's the job of the FO to acquire player personnel to fit the coaches' schemes. Anyone thinking Gailey didn't influence Nix's decisions to draft Spiller and TJ Graham, is likely mistaken. Likewise, Marrone's influence in the decisions to draft the specific OLmen we chose or acquired last year.

That said, it's widely perceived that Rex as the Jests HC was not particularly involved in the offense, so it may have been the Jests OC-du-jour who thought Tebow and Vick would add value.

Front offices and coaches are often not in sync; was at a Bills Draft Party and saw coaches come out unhappy after front office pick. It appears the Bills front office works by consensus but if there is disagreement the GM (or sometimes owner) makes the decision NOT the head coach or scouts on who to sign. Rex has proven he is not an expert on offense but he can supply his input from a defense point of view - this QB is easy to defend this way and other coaches will see same thing, etc. This means he may have influence - may is one of those words which means little which is why current sports writers use it a lot .... a player may be cut, a player may be signed, etc. If wrong they can say I said "may" but too many expect praise on speculation which is hardly much more than guesswork.

Front offices and coaches are often not in sync; was at a Bills Draft Party and saw coaches come out unhappy after front office pick. It appears the Bills front office works by consensus but if there is disagreement the GM (or sometimes owner) makes the decision NOT the head coach or scouts on who to sign. Rex has proven he is not an expert on offense but he can supply his input from a defense point of view - this QB is easy to defend this way and other coaches will see same thing, etc. This means he may have influence - may is one of those words which means little which is why current sports writers use it a lot .... a player may be cut, a player may be signed, etc. If wrong they can say I said "may" but too many expect praise on speculation which is hardly much more than guesswork.

which pick didn't they like?

"The more controversy that you can drum up then the more interesting people are going to be with whoever brought this idea to the lexicon of thinking."

This is exactly why Whaley is such a genius...

Imo

i don't even know what he means. Lol. I will guess he means "doomed."

"The more controversy that you can drum up then the more interesting people are going to be with whoever brought this idea to the lexicon of thinking."

Imo

That quote was in regard to the clickbait of controversy-stirring reporters, not Whaley's method for building the roster.

Or, to put it in other words, Doug was saying people claiming EJ won't be on the roster are full of ****.

To me the most interesting thing at this point is what must be going on in EJ's mind. I cannot imagine a player this early in his career having more reason to want to succeed, if only to stick it in the face of the press and fans who have been writing his obituary since they day he was drafted. It's only gotten worse this off-season.

Granted, there are reasons so many people discount the bare possibility he could succeed, but an awful lot of these press reports are pure speculation and piling on based on slim or no evidence. If I were him I would delight in the prospect of coming out of the gate on fire and proving them wrong. He has to keep his mouth shut and show it with his play, of course, but his motivation must be sky high.

I'll be very interested to see how he is in camp, and even more in the pre-season games. I do not think he is going to be anywhere near the hesitant player we saw last season. He's got no reason to play it close to the vest and every incentive to put it all out there.

Imo

Despite that, irregardless he should shield his geniosity less more openly than he does if knot for the competitive advantage or disadvantage that it encumbers.

Imo

on this we can certainly agree :beer:

Despite that, irregardless he should shield his geniosity less more openly than he does if knot for the competitive advantage or disadvantage that it encumbers.

Geniosity.

often misdiagnosed in these parts.

might want to run some more tests.

just to be sure.

encumbrances, in and of themselves, are not to be taken lightly. either.

so in summary

I agree. that he should shield his geniosity.

unless he is wearing a cup.

To me the most interesting thing at this point is what must be going on in EJ's mind. I cannot imagine a player this early in his career having more reason to want to succeed, if only to stick it in the face of the press and fans who have been writing his obituary since they day he was drafted. It's only gotten worse this off-season.

Granted, there are reasons so many people discount the bare possibility he could succeed, but an awful lot of these press reports are pure speculation and piling on based on slim or no evidence. If I were him I would delight in the prospect of coming out of the gate on fire and proving them wrong. He has to keep his mouth shut and show it with his play, of course, but his motivation must be sky high.

I'll be very interested to see how he is in camp, and even more in the pre-season games. I do not think he is going to be anywhere near the hesitant player we saw last season. He's got no reason to play it close to the vest and every incentive to put it all out there.

Good stuff and I agree. It's going to be really interesting to see how it plays out. :beer:

i don't even know what he means. Lol. I will guess he means "doomed."

Whaley? I think he means the media reporters who are claiming EJ won't make the 53 man roster and will be cut or traded if he doesn't start are FOS.

Leroi? I think he's being sarcastic. I can't tell if it's because he misinterprets Whaley's quote as applying to Whaley's ideas of roster building, or if it's because he understands but disagrees with Whaley.

Buffalo Bills using Tyrod Taylor as smokescreen

Steven Bauld May 24, 2015 Buffalo Bills

NFLTaylor could succeed and win the starting job mainly because Ryan is searching for a dual threat quarterback. With Greg Roman as the offensive coordinator his best years came with using Colin Kaepernick as a dual threat quarterback. Perhaps, Ryan thinks he can capture lightning in a bottle. Another thing that Taylor has going for him is Ryans respect for the Ravens organizations talent evaluation. He understands that the Ravens generally make good personnel decisions so Taylor is a good player but was just stuck behind Joe Flacco in his mind. Taylor also posses very good arm strength but that is really no indication a quarterback will be successful. In his limited NFL game experience Taylor has completed close to 60 percent of his passes. His accuracy is an issue but the same could be said for Manuel and Cassel.

http://www.endzonescore.com/buffalo-bills-using-tyrod-taylor-as-smoke-screen/15863

Edited by JTSP