When You Visit Buffalo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike's Chocolates on Clinton for sponge candy. Nino's in West Seneca for pizza and wings. Usually hit Charlie the Butcher as well for beef on weck. Ted's too. Polish Falcons for Friday fish fry. Its a low cal visit.

Edited by G-Daddy

I need a visit to Ted's and one to John & Mary's. Aside from those, I need wings, a beef on weck, and a fish fry -- I'm not particular to where, since so many places in Buffalo do those so well. Amazing how once you get outside of Buffalo, people just can't seem to do those the same, yet there are dozens of places in Buffalo that just kill it.

For those who live out of town, whenever you go home to visit, what restaurants do you have to hit up at least one.

• Nine Eleven Tavern for Wings
  • Ted's
  • Abbott Texas Hots in Lackawanna for Texas Dogs
  • Jacobi's Pizza

Used to be Steve's Pig and Ox roast for Beef on Weck, but last time I went the sandwiches were smaller than I remember.

But, they still have that sign up that they won best roast beef sandwich at A Taste of Buffalo - in 1987!

Can't believe left out biggest of all...DiCamillo's in the Falls for bread. One in Williamsville now close to the airport. 10 large sliced if I am flying home, 15 if driving.

It freezes great and makes the best toast in the world.

Well if we're talking food to take home, that could be a whole new thread.

• Mazurek's rye bread
  • Park Edge sponge candy
  • Salhen's Hot Dogs (If you freeze them hard enough you can make a plane trip home and they're still basically frozen.)
  • Loganberry (Which I didn't even know was a local thing until I left)
  • Webber's Mustard
  • Bison Dip

I'm not a fan of the last two, because I don't like mustard or chip dip, but my friends and family down here always ask

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I am heading up to Buffalo with the family the 3rd weekend of June and plan on hitting Big Tree, Duffs, Schwabls and John and Mary's or Lunettas.

Does anyone have any suggestions for wings other than BarBill, maybe a family friendly spot downtown? We plan on going to Big Tree and Duffs. We are also looking for the best take out pizza in the Lancaster area(we are staying there).

On another note, does anyone know if there are any lawn fetes going on the weekend of the 20th of June. We would like to get to one while up there but not a huge deal since it's probably a little early for them to start.

I am heading up to Buffalo with the family the 3rd weekend of June and plan on hitting Big Tree, Duffs, Schwabls and John and Mary's or Lunettas.

Does anyone have any suggestions for wings other than BarBill, maybe a family friendly spot downtown? We plan on going to Big Tree and Duffs. We are also looking for the best take out pizza in the Lancaster area(we are staying there).

On another note, does anyone know if there are any lawn fetes going on the weekend of the 20th of June. We would like to get to one while up there but not a huge deal since it's probably a little early for them to start.

Nine Eleven in South Buffalo has the best wings. It's a bar with restaurant seating in the back. As long as you get there before 8-9PM, it's not bad for families.

Side topic: I can not wait to try the food at Big Ditch Brewing when they finally open (been slinging beer locally for a couple years now as they plod along at opening the tap room, but it opens this week and I bet the food will be excellent)

And right next door to them is a new southern louisanna themed restaurant called Toutant that is getting awesome reviews too - great time to be a buffalo foodie

Ronny's on Aurora Blvd & Como Park Ave and Riva's on Walden near Central Ave (though technically Depew) are my two favorite pizza places in the Lancaster area by far.

Both have been around a long time and seeing most of both of my parent's family is from Lancaster it has been present at family gatherings for my entire life.