Bob Kraft = Donald Sterling Neither Good For Sports

The NFL Commissioner should put a stop to this nonsense and Kraft should be censored and forced to sell the franchise. He is a disgrace to professional sports and needs to be immediately suspended from all football operations and the team needs to be sold to avoid permanent harm to the integrity of the NFL.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So deflating some balls a few PSI or spygate are on the same level as saying that you don't want your girlfriend (mistress or whatever) to hang out with black people or have her seen with black people at the Clippers games? I'm sorry, but I put blatant racism over a bit of cheating for a competitive edge any day of the week. The Patriots are trying to win however they can, they got caught and handed a pretty good punishment by most accounts. What Sterling did is on a whole different level of disgusting IMO and the two are not even comparable.

So deflating some balls a few PSI or spygate are on the same level as saying that you don't want your girlfriend (mistress or whatever) to hang out with black people or have her seen with black people at the Clippers games? I'm sorry, but I put blatant racism over a bit of cheating for a competitive edge any day of the week. The Patriots are trying to win however they can, they got caught and handed a pretty good punishment by most accounts. What Sterling did is on a whole different level of disgusting IMO and the two are not even comparable.

I think it’s a poor comparison, but the level of impact is right up there. Kraft and the Patriots have cheated and got away with it for so long they actually feel entitled to the rules not applying to them. They’re actually mad that they're getting punished after getting caught again. How successful would the NFL be 5 years from now if fans truly started to think that the game is fixed for the star QB teams to win? Helping them out big time by turning away from their cheating and also with favorable calls? The NFL would not be the multi billion dollar insanely successful business without credibility. The fact that NFL owner Robert Kraft thinks he can insult America’s intelligence like this and get away with it is simply astounding in it’s arrogance.

The younger generations will find other things to do and watch than a fixed NFL league. They have X Games, MMA fighting, NBA, video games, on demand mobile device entertainment and on and on and on…
Robert Kraft is also sick in the head (in a much different way), given that he’s now insulting the entire nation he really should be shown the door by the other NFL owners. Either that or a very public and heartfelt apology is in order. I'm pretty shocked at what the Patriots are doing.
Edited by 1billsfan

Kraft is definitely handling this wrong, but he's no where near the level of a racist crazy old man. The only thing Kraft is guilty of is trying to have the backs of his team...you know the team that has won him 4 Super Bowls! I think he is going about it all wrong though. They should have kept their mouth shut and accepted the penalty and let it go away. By fighting back they are just perpetuating this and keeping it in the headlines. Tom cheated, there's no way around it. It's not a big deal. Guys in baseball doctor the balls every game. By shouting from the roof tops claiming their innocence they are just looking stupid

The NFL Commissioner should put a stop to this nonsense and Kraft should be censored and forced to sell the franchise. He is a disgrace to professional sports and needs to be immediately suspended from all football operations and the team needs to be sold to avoid permanent harm to the integrity of the NFL.

not even close to a fair comparison.

one is a certifiable piece of chit (sterling) and the other (kraft) is blindly sticking up for two liars. big difference.

Kraft is definitely handling this wrong, but he's no where near the level of a racist crazy old man. The only thing Kraft is guilty of is trying to have the backs of his team...you know the team that has won him 4 Super Bowls! I think he is going about it all wrong though. They should have kept their mouth shut and accepted the penalty and let it go away. By fighting back they are just perpetuating this and keeping it in the headlines. Tom cheated, there's no way around it. It's not a big deal. Guys in baseball doctor the balls every game. By shouting from the roof tops claiming their innocence they are just looking stupid

I don't agree with that comparison. I think that Tom Brady being able to deflate the balls below the legal level was like giving a corked bat to Babe Ruth and letting the half his team use it (RBs ridiculously low fumble rate).

Edited by 1billsfan

I think Kraft is worse than sterling. What his team does affects the actual integrity of the game play. What sterling did (as wrong as it was) had no effect on the game.

They don't compare, but yes that organization should be expelled from the NFL.

Overreact much?

I see it the other way around as far as the league is concerned. The Patriots' offenses directly effect the league. Sterling had a private conversation with his girlfriend. I think your description of that is a bit over the top, but then again we are a nation of hyper-sensitive kitties on all things race related so I guess overzealous outrage is to be expected.

At this point, I'm honestly just proud of all of you that a Hitler reference hasn't been made yet.

Hitler didn't let his gf go to basketball games with black guys either.

What would happen if the NFL does not reduce the suspension or other penalties and the Patriots refuse to accept the penalties? Could a team really get banned from the league? The patriots would still be a team, but they would have no league to play in.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there... I think there is a chance that Brady et. al. have not been more cooperative because there is more bad stuff that is hiding in their closet. And a full blown investigation that leaves no rock un-turned would actually result in a more severe punishment, such as a possible banishment of the team from the league.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

What would happen if the NFL does not reduce the suspension or other penalties and the Patriots refuse to accept the penalties? Could a team really get banned from the league? The patriots would still be a team, but they would have no league to play in.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there... I think there is a chance that Brady et. al. have not been more cooperative is because there is more bad stuff that is hiding in their closet. And a full blown investigation that leaves no rock un-turned would actually result in a more sever punishment, such as a possible banishment of the team from the league.

Or move them to LA..... same thing really.

You're right, they aren't comparable. One guy expressed his personal opinion in private to his girlfriend and the other intentionally cheated on the field, impacting the integrity of the game.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there... I think there is a chance that Brady et. al. have not been more cooperative is because there is more bad stuff that is hiding in their closet. And a full blown investigation that leaves no rock un-turned would actually result in a more sever punishment, such as a possible banishment of the team from the league.

It also gives them the ability to setup their ridiculous circular logic that the investigation and report are not complete and showed no hard evidence. The entire reason the investigation wasnt complete is because they refused to cooperate!

Banish the whole organization from the league? I'm betting they aren't worried about THAT