5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

The man they game planed for all week and he throws it right at him.

If only it was an isolated incident...

I believe, This was the final nail in EJs proverbial coffin.

Imo

Game plan for him all week, still had 8 QB pressures and 3 QB hits (2 were personal fouls). All the QB's fault.

Isolated incident - how many pick 6's has he had? I can't recall any others.

You must really hate your job if you actually work for the Bills.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the plan until this happened.

IcyHonoredArchaeocete.gif

Imo

You mean the guy they game planned for all week and then decided not to even have one guy on him? The NFL defensive Player of the Year? That guy?

You mean the guy they game planned for all week and then decided not to even have one guy on him? The NFL defensive Player of the Year? That guy?

Leaving Watt unblocked was by design. That was a quick out to Freddy. Your boy threw it right at him, almost on purpose.

Don't forget the embarrassment felt by EVERYONE that we lost to Fitz...

Imo

That was the plan until this happened.

IcyHonoredArchaeocete.gif

Imo

Even if it was the plan, that was then, and this is now. It's like referring to Freddy as our #1 back.

Even if it was the plan, that was then, and this is now. It's like referring to Freddy as our #1 back.

Not sure?? Maybe he's assuming.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Leaving Watt unblocked was by design. That was a quick out to Freddy. Your boy threw it right at him, almost on purpose.

Don't forget the embarrassment felt by EVERYONE that we lost to Fitz...

Imo

Leroi.....you do realize that Watt has a knack for this right? EJ is not the first QB he has done this to

Not sure?? Maybe he's assuming.

Imo

Gotta hand it to you. Your crusade STILL isn't getting old. It's as fresh as it was when you started making your bullschit predictions and pretending you "work for the Bills," or have an inside source.

You'll be missed.

Imo

That's interesting, because from what I gather he has a chance to win the starting job this year and that play will have no say in whether he does or not.

In EJ's 14th game he was victimized by an unbelievable play by the best defensive player in football. On a questionable playcall after getting the offense in position to take the lead. Yes, stick a fork in his career.

Leroi man, you have some good scoops from time to time, but you also have a clear agenda that appears to be motivated by far more than casual football observation.

Cassel at 33 should be fine here for the next 3 years , giving EJ or 2016 draft pick time.

If EJ doesn't have the it factor after this season , trading a key defensive player for another 1st rd pick to move up in next years draft is a maybe.

Edited by ALF

Cassel at 33 should be fine here for the next 3 years , giving EJ or 2016 draft pick time.

If EJ doesn't have the it factor after this season , trading a key defensive player for another 1st rd pick to move up in next years draft is a maybe.

That's incredibly optimistic.

In EJ's 14th game he was victimized by an unbelievable play by the best defensive player in football. On a questionable playcall after getting the offense in position to take the lead. Yes, stick a fork in his career.

Leroi man, you have some good scoops from time to time, but you also have a clear agenda that appears to be motivated by far more than casual football observation.

Additionally, they had came back and actually were driving down the field for a potential tying FG or winning TD when the officials let a blatant defensive holding against Robert Woods go, resulting in an INT.

I realize that EJ had two bad games in a row; to act like that implies certain doom for his career is presumptuous.

IMO

Nothing is EJ's fault ever. He's the only young QB that has had to deal with substandard coaching and injuries to his skill players. Every other QB that has been a bust has been in ideal situations surrounded by great coaching and talent. We can only get a sense of what EJ can be as a QB ONLY when he's played 3 full seasons surrounded by an elite coaching staff and teammates.

Someone needs to tell Whaley this who has already publically stated that this is a make or break year for EJ. EJ only has 14 starts and if he loses the competition then he still has the same amount of starts so how could Rex or a Whaley possibly judge him?

He needs to be handed the job and given the entire season to start so he can get to the magic number of starts or pass attempts so he can be properly evaluated.

Edited by Bangarang

Nothing is EJ's fault ever. He's the only young QB that has had to deal with substandard coaching and injuries to his skill players. Every other QB that has been a bust has been in ideal situations surrounded by great coaching and talent. We can only get a sense of what EJ can be as a QB ONLY when he's played 3 full seasons surrounded by an elite coaching staff and teammates.

Someone needs to tell Whaley this who has already publically stated that this is a make or break year for EJ. EJ only has 14 starts and if he loses the competition then he still has the same amount of starts so how could Rex or a Whaley possibly judge him?

He needs to be handed the job and given the entire season to start so he can get to the magic number of starts or pass attempts so he can be properly evaluated.

The learning curve for QBs coming out of college and into the NFL is probably bigger than any position in sports. Now given that, lets look at former first round pick LB Jerry Hughes. He had one of the easier positions in the NFL to transition to yet took four whole years to prove he wasn't a bust.

Most of the time the light never comes on, but that doesn't mean you truncate the natural learning curve. Especially given that the Bills complete screwed up by hiring Syracuse's head coach and thinking he could competently develop an NFL QB which was what they were planning to do in that year's draft. That's not meant as an excuse for Manuel, it's just the fact that Marrone was totally clueless with regards to running an NFL offense. He benched Manuel and still the Bills remained ranked at the bottom in red zone offense with Kyle Orton.

It's been a great offseason for the Bills, but the one thing that hasn't been so great is the never ending debate on the issue of EJ Manuel. Thankfully, training camp is a few short months away now. I'm excited to finally get to see what Manuel either does or doesn't do in Roman's offense. If he can't get it done then so be it, but I still have some optimism regarding Manuel becoming our franchise QB. The other exciting factor is the possibility of Taylor dominating camp and becoming our franchise QB, I'm excited about that too.

When you look at how things have broke big for the Bills this offseason (the list is very long), it makes me wonder if the QB position is also going to finally become settled for the long term after years and years of waiting. It's as if the Bills have hit their lucky streak that will propel them for years of success.