5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

I don't recall vomit coming out of his mouth so no, he didn't puke on himself.

HOU he got hit something like 15 times. How often does a QB get hit like that in one game? Tampa I'll give you but he was in his what 8th game as a starter? I know everyone wants franchise QB but even franchise QB's take their licks early.

Everyone knew he was a raw QB that would need time to develop but demands immediate results. Sounds fair right?

Oh, so you were playing the "I know what he means but I'm gonna take it to a ridiculous literal level" card. What a waste.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so you were playing the "I know what he means but I'm gonna take it to a ridiculous literal level" card. What a waste

Yea, most people call it a joke.

If EJ sucks and doesn't win the starting job, don't worry, I'll be more than happy to say it's time to move on. If he does win the starting job, are you going to complain that he shouldn't have won it and he will flame out or actually support him? That's the difference to me. Either you want him to fail or you accept that he succeeded.

Edited by The Wiz

Well, yeah...but he's the reason his WRs and RBs were injured, he made his coordinators and HC look bad, and couldn't handle the system. Just imagine how much healthier Goodwin would be if Manuel weren't QB.

True. Actually when you think about it clearly, EJ was wholly responsible for "the culture of injurious sucktitude" that has pervaded this team since well before he got here. Every day he stays is another day I am so done with this team.

I'm rooting for the guy, it's really hard not to. I have no idea if he'll be able to take that next step and I'm firmly of the belief he's too much of an unknown to have any sort of definitive answer on the guy's ceiling. The good news is we'll get an answer in August when the QB competition unfolds, probably a definitive one. The bad news is we'll have to wait until August. The coaching staff isn't going to give EJ the benefit of the doubt, it's sink or swim time and frankly I'm excited to see if the guy can step up to the challenge.

It's strange to be this excited about a coming year even with such a huge question mark at the marquee position but I don't care. This will be an interesting season if nothing else, but if we get EJ or Taylor to take "that step" it'll be the start of something really fun.

What's the maximum number of starts before games played becomes irrelevant? 10? 6? 2?

Well, most people would say 3 season, but he hasn't really had the same 3 season as Tannehill has had so I guess it will probably end up being 5 season.

True. Actually when you think about it clearly, EJ was wholly responsible for "the culture of injurious sucktitude" that has pervaded this team since well before he got here. Every day he stays is another day I am so done with this team.

He's the reason Sammy got hurt in preseason.

Edited by The Wiz

Yea, most people call it a joke.

If EJ sucks and doesn't win the starting job, don't worry, I'll be more than happy to say it's time to move on. If he does win the starting job, are you going to complain that he shouldn't have won it and he will flame out or actually support him? That's the difference to me. Either you want him to fail or you accept that he succeeded.

Why would I complain if he wins the starting job? Unless he sucks, and everyone sucks a little bit more, I don't see that happening.

What's the maximum number of starts before games played becomes irrelevant? 10? 6? 2?

Case by case basis.

Why would I complain if he wins the starting job? Unless he sucks, and everyone sucks a little bit more, I don't see that happening.

Case by case basis.

In other words, you don't know, but you know it's irrelevant in this case.

Your opinion is stupid, and you are stupid. You stupid-head.

In other words, you don't know, but you know it's irrelevant in this case.

Your opinion is stupid, and you are stupid. You stupid-head.

In other words, few things in this world are facts with easy to define baselines that don't have exceptions and exceptions to those exceptions. It's a little bit arbitrary and a little subjective. Some scouts will say 1000 attempts, but I don't subscribe to that.

I know what I believe. However, describing what I believe and why I believe it is IRRELEVANT because it is most likely different, even in a minor way, to what you or another believe. And because it's a conversation on a different matter of opinion, that has nothing to do with how well the QB in question has played in his 14 games.

So there. Stupid.

In other words, few things in this world are facts with easy to define baselines that don't have exceptions and exceptions to those exceptions. It's a little bit arbitrary and a little subjective. Some scouts will say 1000 attempts, but I don't subscribe to that.

I know what I believe. However, describing what I believe and why I believe it is IRRELEVANT because it is most likely different, even in a minor way, to what you or another believe. And because it's a conversation on a different matter of opinion, that has nothing to do with how well the QB in question has played in his 14 games.

So there. Stupid.

Expressing what you believe about said QB instead of saying he's not going to make it is usually a better starting point. As I said, I support EJ and I think he needs the right mix of coaching, players and luck to be a franchise QB but am will to pull the plug if he doesn't give me what I want. Everyone see's your post as EJ will never have what it takes even if you stuck Brady's brain in his body.

You get to the point too quickly. Elaborate and then we can at least debate instead of disregard as "hatting".

Expressing what you believe about said QB instead of saying he's not going to make it is usually a better starting point. As I said, I support EJ and I think he needs the right mix of coaching, players and luck to be a franchise QB but am will to pull the plug if he doesn't give me what I want. Everyone see's your post as EJ will never have what it takes even if you stuck Brady's brain in his body.

You get to the point too quickly. Elaborate and then we can at least debate instead of disregard as "hatting".

I never hat.

I make simple points because I've already made long-winded arguments. Instead of giving an elaboration on my feelings about a player, it's easier to point out that a stat, that's being used to support a position different from mine, is incorrect.

I never hat.

I make simple points because I've already made long-winded arguments. Instead of giving an elaboration on my feelings about a player, it's easier to point out that a stat, that's being used to support a position different from mine, is incorrect.

I'm glad you don't hat. It promotes balding.

I don't throw stats around normally but most EJ detractors do. The main one is he doesn't have a 300+ yard game. Why does a QB need to throw 300+ yards to be good. Russell Wilson has 2 300+ games. He must not be good. I support the player because he has shown glimpses and can improve. Why don't you support him is my question? What does it hurt to support someone even though it may be a losing cause?

I'm glad you don't hat. It promotes balding.

I don't throw stats around normally but most EJ detractors do. The main one is he doesn't have a 300+ yard game. Why does a QB need to throw 300+ yards to be good. Russell Wilson has 2 300+ games. He must not be good. I support the player because he has shown glimpses and can improve. Why don't you support him is my question? What does it hurt to support someone even though it may be a losing cause?

Why should I lie to myself about how I feel about a player? Just because he plays for my favorite team?

So there. Stupid.

So your opinion is uninformed and there's no discussing it with you, because you're just going to put your fingers in your ears and shout "NA NA NA NA NA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Why should I lie to myself about how I feel about a player? Just because he plays for my favorite team?

There is no 'I' in team. Support the team completely. EJ is more likely to fail than succeed but that doesn't change the fact that he could be the starting QB. I absolutely hate McKelvin but can at least support him and hope he gets better. It's really not that hard to support someone. Obviously it's harder to not like someone and then support them.