Brady/Patriots fines

i'm guessing Brady's suspension is reduced to 2 games, which still works out in our favor. interesting that the Pats are just going to accept the NFL's punishment. wasn't Robert Kraft asking for an apology from the league not too long ago? 1st and 4th round pick plus $1 million...ouch! i feel bad for the equipment guy and locker room attendant. they were just doing what they were told. Tom better pay their bills for them in the meantime

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing Brady's suspension is reduced to 2 games, which still works out in our favor. interesting that the Pats are just going to accept the NFL's punishment. wasn't Robert Kraft asking for an apology from the league not too long ago? 1st and 4th round pick plus $1 million...ouch! i feel bad for the equipment guy and locker room attendant. they were just doing what they were told. Tom better pay their bills for them in the meantime

I thought Kraft has now rescinded that statement after he learned of the penalties.

Brady and his lawyer being defiant, arrogant, uncooperative and unremorseful does not look good for a reduced penalty. IMO

I hope the 2 equipment guys sell the real story soon.

Edited by ALF

Too bad they can't ban Ernie Adams. That guy (the Pats' Research Director) has likely been responsible for a lot of the cheating. I wonder how many other ways this team has cheated over the past 15 years? There is no way any team can be as good as them without having an edge. It never seems to matter who their players are or whether the coaches had real experience (Josh McDaniels). I'm sure it will all come out in the open someday, but it really stinks. The Pats' penalty for deflating footballs was not severe enough.

Hey Aaron, how about you just go ahead and get the job done vs. the backup, then you can make that statement in regards to the impending rematch,. You've had a number of cracks against the best. Thus far, it's pretty clear who beats who. Take care of the team that takes the field first, then worry about who wasn't out there. Will look hella bad if you don't.

i expect every player and coach will feel this way. They are competitors at the top of their game. As far as AW, he did not get to play against Brady in their first matchup last year which was a factor in the loss and he beat him the second time. This is what looks to be the best team he's been on since he's been in Buffalo and it makes perfect sense to me that he wants to beat the defending champs and annual division winner Pats** with Brady at the helm. That said, when the game starts and he sees Jeneane Garoppolo out there instead of the Hof qb, I doubt he will cry too hard. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see much difference between a 4 or 2 game suspension for Brady. Week 3 they play the Jags, likely a win either way, their 4th game is at the Cowboys with the Pats coming off their bye, a winnable game with Jimmy (unless he's just awful) or a losable game with Brady.

Bottom line is we have to capitalize in week 2.

I imagine the Pats will get their '17 4th round pick back in the appeal, but them losing a 1st for Brady and "the Deflator" taking air out of balls is fantastic.

Even the Pats win when they lose: Schefter just said with the 4 game suspension to Brady they save $2 mil in salary, so they make ~$1 mil after their $1 mil fine.

Anyone who has kids knows Brady is lying.

That's what this is really about. You don't get a free pass to cheat just because the cheating is inconsequential or because of a perception (misperception) that everyone else is cheating too.

Ultimately, if the NFL were really serious about setting an example this latest defiance should increase their punishment, not reduce it. Just like you would do with your kid if he persisted in advancing a lie.

Edited by Ouijaman

Anyone who has kids knows Brady is lying.

That's what this is really about. You don't get a free pass to cheat just because the cheating is inconsequential or because of a perception (misperception) that everyone else is cheating too.

Ultimately, if the NFL were really serious about setting an example this latest defiance should increase their punishment, not reduce it. Just like you would do with your kid if be persisted in advancing a lie.

i wonder if Brady will also lie to his kids about why he isn't playing the first 4 games.

Speaking of lawyers, I hope those two guys lawyer up. Anyone know if they have any legal recourse? It seems they are falling on the sword for Brady's preferred cheats. If they sue the Pats (as they are now synonymous with cheating, no asterisk is necessary) that would be interesting.

kj

I read that Brady was upset the Dareus might miss his game week 2. He said beating the Bills without Dareus would be a hollow victory.

Psyche! Brady don't care.

Pretty much this. If Dareus, one of our best players, is suspended for the season opener do you think that Andrew Luck is going to hang his head and say, "Man, I really wanted to show up those pass rushers"?

It's a team game. Week 2 is hardly a lock to win.

Pretty much this. If Dareus, one of our best players, is suspended for the season opener do you think that Andrew Luck is going to hang his head and say, "Man, I really wanted to show up those pass rushers"?

It's a team game. Week 2 is hardly a lock to win.

Considering how we've played in the past against backups... :|

You don't get a free pass to cheat just because the cheating is inconsequential or because of a perception (misperception) that everyone else is cheating too.

i hate to be a cynic here, but sure you can. we all have bent/broken rules to some degree. and we normally dont face much in the way of repercussions if its inconsequential or commonplace. he did something, got caught, and made an example of - and thats fine by me, but im not going to go overboard in the rules are rules and cheaters are CHEATERS rhetoric. there were a variety of ways to deal with this and I wouldve been ok with a pretty wide range of approaches to handling a report that a team was deflating balls a little (including simply warning not to do it again in advance of the game, and tightening the protocol around it - which would be essentially a free pass).

Brady and his lawyer being defiant, arrogant, uncooperative and unremorseful does not look good for a reduced penalty. IMO

Brady and the Pats are prisoners of their arrogance and sense of privileged entitlement. If they were smart they would have had TB admit wrongdoing, apologize and take his lumps. For a top shelf organization (at least in terms of demonstrated ability) they are really very stupid in managing reputational risk. The more Kraft and Yee complain, whine, threaten and insult the league office the more they confirm that body of opinion that questions their character and mindset as an organization. Through their behavior they are proving the essential elements of the wrongdoing they have been accused of. Given that they are already perceived as repeat offenders their actions can very well tarnish their image permanently in the minds of the general public. Probably doesn't help that they drafted the NFL's version of Ted Bundy either I suppose, tho who could have seen that one coming.

It's crazy how media was out for blood last week, and now is all "nooooo Brady shouldn't be punished, he's an innocent man!"

i havent seen much/any of that sentiment. i think the strongest ive heard stops at espn, and a couple articles is some saying that they deserve to be punished but they think that it was a bit harsh. i really havent heard the "he did nothing" media

i havent seen much/any of that sentiment. i think the strongest ive heard stops at espn, and a couple articles is some saying that they deserve to be punished but they think that it was a bit harsh. i really havent heard the "he did nothing" media

ESPN was mostly where I've seen the whining about it, makes sense.