Brady/Patriots fines

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the first game against the Pats is a guaranteed win for the Bills, right?

We're Bills fans. We hope for the best all while expecting the worst.

That said, Jimmy boy is not Brady. I fully expect our defense to spend the game double teaming Gronk and forcing Jimmy to make magic happen.

Assuming no appeal shortens the punishment past two games, this is big for the Bills.

So the first game against the Pats is a guaranteed win for the Bills, right?

If not, we have no business earning a playoff spot.

The Patriots without Brady aren't the Patriots.

Throw it in the win column now...this is easily the most important aspect of the whole story as far as I'm concerned.

The punishment is excessive all the way around-

Too many games

Too big a fine

Loss of draft picks wasn't needed at all

This will only serve to motivate brady to come back and win the super bowl that much more next year. With no one really to stand in their way, I can see that happening too.

Take the suspension, fine and draft picks. The Pats** bought a super bowl championship for less than 10 million dollars and probably made 10x that winning it or even getting there.

Edited by The Wiz

We're Bills fans. We hope for the best all while expecting the worst.

That said, Jimmy boy is not Brady. I fully expect our defense to spend the game double teaming Gronk and forcing Jimmy to make magic happen.

Assuming no appeal shortens the punishment past two games, this is big for the Bills.

You got that right!

Not until he cooperates...

How would that help an appeal? The punishment is for what he did so far. They felt that punishment fit that crime. This isn't like a getting parole thing or getting some of your sentence off for good behavior. An appeal is saying he was wronged by the punishment already given. If he comes forward with more information now, it should LESSEN his chance for winning appeal and getting less games. It would prove the punishment was correct or maybe not enough.

Take the suspension, fine and draft picks. The Pats** bought a super bowl championship for less than 10 million dollars and probably made 10x that winning it or even getting there.

This assumes the manipulation of football air pressure was somehow decisive in the Patriots playoff wins including the Superbowl.

I think that is highly unlikely.

Doesn't mean this isn't a severe offense however.

This assumes the manipulation of football air pressure was somehow decisive in the Patriots playoff wins including the Superbowl.

As close as that Baltimore game was, I'd say any edge was pretty crucial

This can't help Brady's appeal. It's his agent's statement.

"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, todays decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field dont count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.

"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, todays decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field dont count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.

It's gonna be former agent soon if he keeps it up.

That is !@#$ing outstanding. :lol:

What the !@#$? That's so senseless it should be posted on PPP.

Wait...what side is this rambler on?

Assume they have been doing it since the warning went out in 2004. Have only been one of the top tier teams and AFC east champs pretty much the entire time. They've been given a fair punishment IMO and I thought Brady should get 8 games.

How would that help an appeal? The punishment is for what he did so far. They felt that punishment fit that crime. This isn't like a getting parole thing or getting some of your sentence off for good behavior. An appeal is saying he was wronged by the punishment already given. If he comes forward with more information now, it should LESSEN his chance for winning appeal and getting less games. It would prove the punishment was correct or maybe not enough.

What I meant is he can't ask for a reduction in the penalty and then continue to do the very thing he's being penalized for--not cooperating..

That would be like a crook saying -- "Reduce my sentance, judge, but don't expect me to give back what I stole..."