Will Roman's O fit our offensive players?

I don't know tons about Roman's O, just what I've seen in a few 9ers games. I keep hearing a run heavy O and that makes sense with Rex, but what will we do with the 4 legit receiving threats?. How will they react if and when they have a game with 5 yards receiving? Hope its a non issue but we've seen it with other teams. Go Bills!

I think our offense is been tailored to fit his desires.... We have some TE pieces that he can play with, a stable of RB's, and a couple of mid level talent under center that he can hide their flaws.... I don't think our O line is going to be near as bad as last year.... Biggest difference I see is that he has WAY more talented pass catchers than he's ever had before!

I believe that Rex's "Run heavy offense" is a smoke screen. I believe that it will be a balanced offense. Maybe a tad heavy on the running game but make no mistakes about it, with the receiving corp the Bills have there will be some passes thrown around also. When you trumpet that the Bills are going to ground and pound, to pass will be a surprise to the defense.....NOT. Nobody is buying it.

I believe that Rex's "Run heavy offense" is a smoke screen. I believe that it will be a balanced offense. Maybe a tad heavy on the running game but make no mistakes about it, with the receiving corp the Bills have there will be some passes thrown around also. When you trumpet that the Bills are going to ground and pound, to pass will be a surprise to the defense.....NOT. Nobody is buying it.

I really don't see McCoy as a pound the rock type of back. So yeah, ground and pound at least the traditional version doesn't make sense.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I believe that this offense is set up to be able to change week to week to match the opponents weaknesses......

Bingo. Looking at the lack of urgency about the O Line, this O is not going to be a bully and pound the ball. Roman will spread it around and depending on the opponent, will set up the run with the pass and set up the pass with the run.

The run offense will be most effective out of the spread for the most part. The way Chan used to do it. They don't have much of a choice with the crappy QBs and shaky o-line at their disposal. I hope Roman doesn't try to fit his scheme to the players, but rather the other way around. The Bills have three really good receivers and should have all of them on the field as much as possible. Along with lining Clay up wide from time to time.

We have a good FB, and potentially a couple stud TEs, along with a good RB corps.

So you'd think we'd power run all day.

But then you have Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Clay for passing, so maybe we'd run spread all day.

At the very least we can basically do whatever formations we wish, in the end it'll be up to the QB though.

Im just very concerned about the OLine. We were awful last year at running the ball and the parts haven't changed. Glenn needs to regain 2013 form, same with Wood. We are going to be very dependent upon either Henderson or Kouandjio making a HUGE leap from last year.

Im just very concerned about the OLine. We were awful last year at running the ball and the parts haven't changed. Glenn needs to regain 2013 form, same with Wood. We are going to be very dependent upon either Henderson or Kouandjio making a HUGE leap from last year.

Dick in disguise (Richard incognito) is a huge upgrade in the run blocking department and hopefully John Miller should help. Wood has always been a little overrated but he's an ok starter, if Glenn comes back to form and Henderson improves they will be ok

Edited by FluffHead

Talls,

They have to prove it.....but the fact is that Roman is a genious at running the ball........he can run several different running plays out of the same formation....one of the special teams about him as a OC actually.....

I am not worried accept for depth....injuries happen over a season.

Really good O coordinators know how to use the talent they have on their roster & use each of their individual players talents as strengths in their offense scheme , and build the offense accordingly .

Roman is a really good O coordinator !!

I tell you one thing, it's going to be very hard to prepare for us.

Particularly early in the season it will be a nightmare. The Bills have acquired the personnel to put just about any combination out on the field with multiple playmakers.

The key will be finding the right fit on the OL, and having one of these three QBs play with enough proficiency to put the ball in the right hands.

I like the possibility of match up advantages, but I am also concerned about the OLine. I am hopeful because, in addition to some new players, we have new coaches. Good luck to the Jags fans out there..... wait, do the Jags have fans?

I like the possibility of match up advantages, but I am also concerned about the OLine. I am hopeful because, in addition to some new players, we have new coaches. Good luck to the Jags fans out there..... wait, do the Jags have fans?

This is a Jags fan's gameday uniform

post-159-0-87172500-1431090148_thumb.jpg

The main thing that's been said about Roman, and that Roman has consistently said and done, is that he creates an offense around the pieces available

Have no fear, roman will get these guys in the position to do what they do best

We will run the ball for sure, but we will utilize our weapons (roman never had weapons like these so we don't know how or what that will look like)