Will Roman's O fit our offensive players?

If Tyrod wins the QB job one can immediately add him to the list of weapons that will be nearly impossible to prepare for. Come to think of it, it might be why he would win it - all things being equal.

Keep in mind here that Justin Houston is KC's Pro Bowl and franchise LB.

Good coaches fit the scheme to the players. However I think Roman has the players he wants, he was hired early in the off-season and I assume Whaley, Rex, and him have worked together getting the players they want for the offensive and defensive systems. They got versatile players like Clay, Harvin, and McCoy and they brought in big mauler guards in Miller and Incognito. They also got a power fullback in Felton which seems to fit his scheme. Overall I think a good coach will work the system around the players and bring in the necessary parts needed to make their system more effective.

I don't know tons about Roman's O, just what I've seen in a few 9ers games. I keep hearing a run heavy O and that makes sense with Rex, but what will we do with the 4 legit receiving threats?. How will they react if and when they have a game with 5 yards receiving? Hope its a non issue but we've seen it with other teams. Go Bills!

I have a feeling camp will start and after the coaches start seeing all of the weapons, our offense isn't going to look anything like the 9er's. We have deep threats all over the place. We have have TEs that are matchup nightmares. And our RBs are really good. Add in a productive fullback and the fact that Roman isn't afraid to put additional OLmen on the field, the offense has the makings to be very successful. Our QBs are not going to be clones of what Keap. did in SF. That is the one big question mark. We may not have the greatest QBs, but they certainly are not going to be set up to fail like last year.

I think we have pieces in place to tailor our point of attack to our opponent's weakness. I also believe that the receiving threats make stacking the box nearly impossible, and if the run is established our play-action game will be phenomenal.

Short answer: based on what he did with Kaepernick, yes.

Longer answer: Assuming that EJ or TT win the starting job, I really see us in good position to run a lot of Pistol. That formation base set runs as such:

-3 WR or 2 WR & 1 TE (Sammy, Woods, Harvin and Clay)

-Feature RB (Shady primarily, but spelled by presumably Freddy, Dixon and Karlos)

-A backfield HB, who can be used as a blocker and backfield receiver option (Clay, Felton and probably Freddy)

He probably has something for Cassel, but that would give a lot of combinations with read option, lead blocker running, jet sweeps from Harvin, screens to Shady and Clay, putting Clay in motion as a 4th recover and breaking out in 5 wide to spice things up.

Longer answer: Assuming that EJ or TT win the starting job, I really see us in good position to run a lot of Pistol. That formation base set runs as such:

-Feature RB (Shady primarily, but spelled by presumably Freddy, Dixon and Karlos)

-A backfield HB, who can be used as a blocker and backfield receiver option (Clay, Felton and probably Freddy)

He probably has something for Cassel, but that would give a lot of combinations with read option, lead blocker running, jet sweeps from Harvin, screens to Shady and Clay, putting Clay in motion as a 4th recover and breaking out in 5 wide to spice things up.

And on the flipside of that

If we are going against a opponent who is not good against the run.....I could see us running 2 TE formations with Clay and O'Leary.......who can both block and catch.......a FB and Shady......

Power Power Power

That really is the beauty of the thing.....tough for a opposing team to prepare for through the week.

And on the flipside of that

If we are going against a opponent who is not good against the run.....I could see us running 2 TE formations with Clay and O'Leary.......who can both block and catch.......a FB and Shady......

Power Power Power

That really is the beauty of the thing.....tough for a opposing team to prepare for through the week.

True. I've seen some of the run plays Roman has drawn up. Some are things of beauty.

Something I never really thought about... Fred blocks well and receives well, and we all know he's a good runner... he'd make a good HB as well.