Offensive Line

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley's priority in free agency, trade and the draft should have been fixing the OL. He owns this OL

He tried. Bulaga and Boling took less than we were offering to stay with their teams, Collins screwed up the draft market for olinemen and everyone went off the board sooner than expected (outside of Fisher and Cann, who I still think we should have taken at 50 and who may not be better than Kouandjio/Henderson and Miller/Richardson). We tried to land Collins.

I don't think it's Whaley's fault our oline isn't - Glenn / Boling / Wood / Collins / Bulaga

At this point, given the effort that was clearly displayed, complaining about not firmly upgrading the oline is a bit like complaining about not adding a franchise QB. You try to do the best with the hand you are dealt. We have some young players who've showed promise. There will be growing pains, but you never find out if a guy can play if he's never given a shot.

I just have the feeling that there is enough potential in the players already on the team to make a decent to much better than decent O-line with the proper coaching, schemes, and play calling. Remember, essentially these same guys performed much better two and three years ago than then did last year, and they have drafted four o-linemen in the last two drafts in addition to picking up some free agents. I think it's too soon to conclude that all of these guys just can't play.

I just have the feeling that there is enough potential in the players already on the team to make a decent to much better than decent O-line with the proper coaching, schemes, and play calling. Remember, essentially these same guys performed much better two and three years ago than then did last year, and they have drafted four o-linemen in the last two drafts in addition to picking up some free agents. I think it's too soon to conclude that all of these guys just can't play.

I agree....

Just consider this

We are one bad thing happening away from Kujo starting at one of the OT positions.......

And I really dont know how to feel about that.....REALLY hope he gets it to gether this season

I wouldnt be looking at OG now at all to be honest.......

To me the OG's are Cog and John Miller....backed up by Urbik who can play all 3 interior O line positions......I am not sure what they do with Chris Williams

It is OT that we need to look at......perhaps Barksdale?

I think one thing that the braintrust has clearly stated time and again is that they plan to start the best 5 OL players without regard to where the individuals are assigned based on some sense of demographics. This actually makes some sense as the Bills seem overburdened with "classic" Ts and it is my sense that it part of the reason we lack "traditional" G talent.

If you want to guess who sticks I think the likely top 5 are Woods,(C is the one position where the multiple needs of the position means the best C will play, Seantral Henderson and Glenn are likely to be among the best 5 and will play T.

I like the Bills OL prospects as they will need to find 2 starting Gs and 2 swing guys from Miller, Williams, Cujo, Incognito, Richardson, and Urbik. I think they canfind 2 starters and 2 reserves from these 6.

We are going to need the young guys to develop. We need 2 of CK, Seantrel, Miller & CR to start and develop. 1 more as tackle depth and we will be okay. The bad news is that only Seantrel so far has proven that he can play at the NFL level and he needs work too. They all are talented and we will see how Kromer develops them and how they fit in Roman's scheme. My guess is that they will all be better this year but will that be good enough? I hope so.

Henderson needs a solid RG next to him to have a chance to develop . Richie made the Pro Bowl at LG where I would think he is best suited next to Glenn after being off so long.

Urbik was ok at RG next to Pears . I thought the idea was play Pears at RG to mentor Henderson, that didn't work . Musical chairs with OL men rarely ends well.

I wouldnt be looking at OG now at all to be honest.......

To me the OG's are Cog and John Miller....backed up by Urbik who can play all 3 interior O line positions......I am not sure what they do with Chris Williams

It is OT that we need to look at......perhaps Barksdale?

Avon?

Forgive me, I've been binge watching The Wire. :P

We are going to need the young guys to develop. We need 2 of CK, Seantrel, Miller & CR to start and develop. 1 more as tackle depth and we will be okay. The bad news is that only Seantrel so far has proven that he can play at the NFL level and he needs work too. They all are talented and we will see how Kromer develops them and how they fit in Roman's scheme. My guess is that they will all be better this year but will that be good enough? I hope so.

I think Kromer is the biggest addition to the OL...he's done great work with raw material in the past.

I know you liked him last offseason, so how would you feel about kicking the tires on Anthony Collins? Perhaps he could be a swing tackle or compete at guard?

I think Kromer is the biggest addition to the OL...he's done great work with raw material in the past.

I know you liked him last offseason, so how would you feel about kicking the tires on Anthony Collins? Perhaps he could be a swing tackle or compete at guard?

I am all for it. I'd like to add a swing tackle. I am a little scared by CK.

My biggest fear currently is an injury to Glenn. You would kick Henderson over to the left and Kouandjio to the right I'd presume. I just don't have a ton of confidence in him based on what I saw last year. Collins would give me the Urbik level of stability at least.

Kromer has done some really good work with some guys that are raw. You are certainly right there. The guys that he developed in NOLA were all projects. They actually are a lot like the guys that we have, big, athletic and raw.