Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently many people, in and outside the Bills fan community, as we have been treated to a steady diet of "the Bills could have had OBJ by staying put". The two are not comparable. Watkins is the better player by far, but was hamstrung by the leagues worst OC and Kyle "checking out now" Orton.

hes not better by far, watkins lacks some deep ball jump ball skills, odb has those in spades. he should be better at taking screens to the house but he was hurt so he went down like a girl on prom night everytime he caught a ball, hopefully he plays hard next year when healthy

My eyes told me that both QB's were pretty bad. With one being slightly less bad.

Fair enough. But Orton was not the future, and while EJ may not be, not giving him playing time won't definitively answer that question.

Fair enough. But Orton was not the future, and while EJ may not be, not giving him playing time won't definitively answer that question.

I don't watch for questions to be answered. I watch for games to be won.

Way to risk it all on that limb out there

Never said I was out on a limb. Just saying that when comparing two WR's, the QB throwing to him makes a world of difference. And so does the OL. And scheme.

Batted balls at the line were "uncatchable targets" to...Sammy?

Ditto balls thrown away? And balls that are hit while the QB is in motion?

How does this guy know who the target was in each of these cases?

Batted balls isn't that hard.... And if Sammy was listed as the "target" on a stat sheet but it's seen to be a throwaway I assume that's easy enough, though I'm not sure the nuts and bolts there.

Batted balls at the line were "uncatchable targets" to...Sammy?

Ditto balls thrown away? And balls that are hit while the QB is in motion?

How does this guy know who the target was in each of these cases?

And how to know when the WR run a bad route

Add that to the fact that ODB had 20 catches at or behind the LOS and Sammy had 4 and maybe the stats don't look so different.

ODB was targeted 20 times in the final game of the season. Sammy was targeted 30 times the last four games combined but most ppl don't look at details like that before stating their opinion of who is better.

EJ's fault. His 4 games last year inflated the uncatchable balls so badly that Orton is going to get a bad rap. :rolleyes:

Make all the jokes you want but I would bet you $50 he had more uncatchable targets in that Houston game than he did in any other game all season. Robert Woods must've had eight of em. But yes, to your point, he was benched for 12 games so he didn't have a chance to continue sucking in those 12 games. You win.

I'm sure you're saying that in jest -and I don't care about Orton, but yes, IMO, it's ALL on the inaccurate, mediocre-at-best over reach QB from -wait for it.. FSU. Many here simply refuse to accept it, but there's a REASON he never saw the field again.

Common man, you're better than this.

I'm sure you're saying that in jest -and I don't care about Orton, but yes, IMO, it's ALL on the inaccurate, mediocre-at-best over reach QB from -wait for it.. FSU. Many here simply refuse to accept it, but there's a REASON he never saw the field again.

ALL of it is on the guy that played 4 games?

That's completely, utterly, totally, and absolutely wrong, and there's no defending it.

Make all the jokes you want but I would bet you $50 he had more uncatchable targets in that Houston game than he did in any other game all season. Robert Woods must've had eight of em. But yes, to your point, he was benched for 12 games so he didn't have a chance to continue sucking in those 12 games. You win.

I'm sure he did have more in that game than any other game. It was a very bad game for him that led to his benching.

Funny how Tannenhill had receivers on both lists. No wonder Wallace is gone.

This is a great point and shows you why he is terrible. The guy's game is based in completing 5-yard passes. He can't do much of anything else. I think his YPA was like 28th in the NFL.

That said, the Dolphins designed their offense such that all he needed to do was throw those 5-yard passes.