Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

I'm a walking contradiction. I want Brady* and the pats* to get punished for being the cheating cheaters that they are, but I also want to beat the *pats with Brady* under center -- and I think the Bills can. To have him miss that game will only mean the win "won't count" because Brady* wasn't active.

So I don't know what to root for.

this. difficult situation indeed

Bills lose a draft pick.

LOL!!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the NFL generally, and Goodell specifically feel betrayed?

Has their (or his) ego been marred?

Do they want to make Patriots pay?

I don't know.

If they do, however, Brady will be suspended.

Less than that is not a penalty.

Only defense for Brady is that numerous former QBs said they doctored footballs. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24982082/as-deflategate-unfolds-we-find-doctoring-nfl-footballs-is-nothing-new) I think they onus will be put on the locker room guys and they will be thrown under the bus. Brady will get a fine and so will Belichick. The team might lose a draft pick but be put on notice that another transgression will earn a harsh penalty. The deflating of footballs is less of a crime that bounties (injuries to other players) I detest the Patriots, Belichick and Brady. I want Brady on the field so the Defense can put a legal hurt on him.

We're all hoping for the worst case scenario (ie: game suspension) but if I know the NFL they'll give him a slap on the wrist (fine which Tommy won't have any trouble paying) He's too big of a fan draw to suspend him. The NFL can't actually prove with a shadow of a doubt that Brady was involved. They can speculate all they want but there is always going to be doubt.

Time to make some predictions! Get your votes in before Goodell imparts us with his wisdom!

that is quite a jump from 1-3 to lifetime.

I think he will get 4 games.

for those who put lifetime get real.

I think he should forced to play for the Bills for the rest of his career :thumbsup:

Maybe a year? Doubtful, but at least it is being talked about. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25177527

Again I will say I would rather see draft picks taken away instead of suspending brady, so we can beat them straight up, and not have everyone making excuses as to why we finally took the division.

Edited by What a Tuel

Maybe a year? Doubtful, but at least it is being talked about. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25177527

Again I will say I would rather see draft picks taken away instead of suspending brady, so we can beat them straight up, and not have everyone making excuses as to why we finally took the division.

Dude.

This is the SECOND time in their dynasty that they are facing harsh fines for f*cking cheating! What is Buffalo's obsession with "beating them straight up."

What does beating the Patriots straight up even mean?

They need all their players and no one can be suspended, but we can't have dareus because he smoked spice?

They're allowed to communicate with the QB up until the ball is snapped on a separate radio channel than Buffalo?

They can film our practice session for the week?

They can film our defensive coaches, get their signals, and know what plays were going to run for the duration of the game?

They can start the play clock before the ref signals to (ala the AFC championship game v. Baltimore in 11) to rush our kicker if it's under 2 minutes?

They can inflate the footballs to their liking but we have to play with ones set to league standards?

I will never understand the contingent of Buffalo fans that beats this drum that wants to beat them fair and square.

They're serieal cheaters. The only "fair" thing would be a life time ban for Brady and Beliceck, which would bring that team right back down to Earth, and "beating them fair and square" would become as routine as every other NFL team beating any other NFL team--something which happens every sunday, in every stadium across america.

The only reason why no one has been able to beat these crooks for a decade and a half is because their entire house of cards is built on gaming the system by any means necessary. now its coming out. now theyll face punishments.

im ok with winning the division now.

@CharlesRobinson: Worth noting: #NFL fined Brett Favre for not handing over his phone in Jenn Sterger investigation. #Patriots Tom Brady did the same thing.

So, the precedent has been set. A fine to him, would be meaningless.

How many people in the organization knew about this, but did nothing? Brady should be disciplined, but so should the organization.

Dude.

This is the SECOND time in their dynasty that they are facing harsh fines for f*cking cheating! What is Buffalo's obsession with "beating them straight up."

What does beating the Patriots straight up even mean?

They need all their players and no one can be suspended, but we can't have dareus because he smoked spice?

They're allowed to communicate with the QB up until the ball is snapped on a separate radio channel than Buffalo?

They can film our practice session for the week?

They can film our defensive coaches, get their signals, and know what plays were going to run for the duration of the game?

They can start the play clock before the ref signals to (ala the AFC championship game v. Baltimore in 11) to rush our kicker if it's under 2 minutes?

They can inflate the footballs to their liking but we have to play with ones set to league standards?

I will never understand the contingent of Buffalo fans that beats this drum that wants to beat them fair and square.

They're serieal cheaters. The only "fair" thing would be a life time ban for Brady and Beliceck, which would bring that team right back down to Earth, and "beating them fair and square" would become as routine as every other NFL team beating any other NFL team--something which happens every sunday, in every stadium across america.

The only reason why no one has been able to beat these crooks for a decade and a half is because their entire house of cards is built on gaming the system by any means necessary. now its coming out. now theyll face punishments.

im ok with winning the division now.

Great post

Only defense for Brady is that numerous former QBs said they doctored footballs. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24982082/as-deflategate-unfolds-we-find-doctoring-nfl-footballs-is-nothing-new) I think they onus will be put on the locker room guys and they will be thrown under the bus. Brady will get a fine and so will Belichick. The team might lose a draft pick but be put on notice that another transgression will earn a harsh penalty. The deflating of footballs is less of a crime that bounties (injuries to other players) I detest the Patriots, Belichick and Brady. I want Brady on the field so the Defense can put a legal hurt on him.

I used to drink underage but if my cousin gets caught doing it, he's still gonna get a fine