Alex Carrington in Buffalo for FA visit // Update: signed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

realistically, for the first week or two, it might be a valid role to be filled.

Oh no doubt

But I am sure the bills didnt do it for just that reason

- Alex Carrington is a really good scheme fit for a Ryan D.

- We needed rotational DL depth regardless of the Marcel situation

- Alex can play DE and DT

Nice job Doug! Welcome back AC.

I'm sure Rodak will chime in soon with the comp pick update

Along with all the reasons this is a risky and questionable move for a team without a proven starting QB.

This sucks. They should be signing quarterbacks and only quarterbacks until they find the right one.

I am so done with this team.

Along with all the reasons this is a risky and questionable move for a team without a proven starting QB.

But if the Patriots had signed him, it would be a genius move...

This sucks. They should be signing quarterbacks and only quarterbacks until they find the right one.

I am so done with this team.

It took 49 posts before this showed up? We're slipping, guys & gals..

Ohhhh yeah! I loved AC when we drafted him and always thought he had the potential to be a dominant "5 technique".

This would be awesome if it happens. I think people are over estimating our d-line depth. He would be great as inside-rusher or a 5 in a 3-4 look.

Do it Doug!

Absolutely right. His strengths are as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. He actually graded out well above average in those roles during the 2012 season and was expected to have a big year in 2013. Unfortunately, he got injured early in the year and was lost for the season. Great depth signing and someone who will probably contribute in a big way under Ryan. And, he is still somewhat young, turning 28 in June.

Edited by billsfan1959

So free agent signings by The Bills if I recall correctly

Clay

Felton

Carington

Taylor

UFA signed by other teams

Spiller

Searcy

Am I missing anybody else? I ask as I just can not see any scenario where we are eligible for a comp pick.

Edited by plenzmd1

So free agent signings by The Bills if I recall correctly

Clay

Felton

Harvin

Carington

UFA signed by other teams

Searcy

Am I missing anybody else? I ask as I just can not see any scenario where we are eligible for a comp pick.

Harvin wasn't a FA. He was cut.

Spiller was also a UFA who was signed by another team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't either...but you know damned well that if we were the Patriots, we would be.