Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys looking for a suspension I think are going to be disappointed. There is a reason this was held to after the draft ....will be a 5th round pick next year. They will cite the inability , despite what Roger said in 2008, to gain 100 % proof.

RJ5EMIS.png

Look at this exchange of texts messages (Brady ordered assistant to deflate footballs and the guy who deflated them was given merchandise)

Bird: Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to sign

John Jastremski U got it kid...big autograph day for you

Bird: Nice throw some kicks in and make it real special

John Jastremski It ur lucky. 11?

Bird:11 or 11 and half kid

Three days later, in the Patriots equipment room and with Jastremski present, Brady autographed two footballs supplied by Jastremski and handed the balls to McNally. McNally understood the balls to be Patriots practice balls. At that time, Brady also signed a Tom Brady game-worn jersey for McNally. According to McNally, he had received the jersey years earlier from a former Patriots Equipment Manager. Jastremski confirmed that Brady autographed the items for McNally around the time that Brady was selecting the game balls to be used during the game against the Ravens. According to McNally, the jersey autographed by Brady has been framed and now hangs in his house, and the footballs autographed by Brady were placed in display cases and given by McNally to family members as gifts. McNally claims to have made no efforts to sell the autographed items.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Haha

@AndrewSiciliano: Wells Report: McNally says he dropped bag of balls and: "used the urinal to his right. That bathroom, however, does not contain a urinal."

amazing. always love it when some nice detective work incorporates a urinal.

With HoF Watkins close behind...

NOPE.

I NEVER said they didn't cheat. I knew it was a possibility. I just don't think it's that serious of a transgression.

A fine, a short suspension. That's fair to me.

Stripped of Titles? A year suspension?....Bitter loser talk.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Page 122:

"Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls. 73"

Page 125:

"We nevertheless believe, based on the totality of the evidence, that it is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

in other words...we have no proof brady knew.....but it's the patriots, so he must be guilty

You guys looking for a suspension I think are going to be disappointed. There is a reason this was held to after the draft ....will be a 5th round pick next year. They will cite the inability , despite what Roger said in 2008, to gain 100 % proof.

i don't think so. It shows the only culprits are brady and the two ball guys. Shows Belichick and Kraft didn't know and brady lied to them. A draft pick is an organizational punishment. Player Suspension more likely. That's why ray farmer was suspended and they didn't get an organizational punishment for his illegal texts. Edited by YoloinOhio

I actually don't want him suspended. I want the Bills to knock the snot out of him twice this year. I'd be happier if the penalty were to call offensive holding on the Pats, and be looser with defensive holding and roughing the passer penalties when Brady's on the field. :devil:

With that line on Page 121 of the massive report, it again questions the validity of the Patriots' great dynasty, which included a Super Bowl victory this past February, the fourth for coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/long-awaited-deflate-gate-investigation-implicates-pats--tom-brady-173408354.html

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

the one recent SB in which the balls were absolutely inflated properly ?

@JeremyWGR: The Patriots are blaming the science. Thats usually a good thing to do, if youre a crazy person. Yes Pats, fight science.

Next BilleCheater and Brady will say world is flat and to prove it will go to opposite ends of the world.

i don't think so. It shows the only culprits are brady and the two ball guys. Shows Belichick and Kraft didn't know and brady lied to them. A draft pick is an organizational punishment. Player Suspension more likely. That's why ray farmer was suspended and they didn't get an organizational punishment for his illegal texts.

Agreed.

Brady is the only player mentioned repeatedly. This will force the NFL's hand, no matter what the organizational optics are...

who knows how much crap they are pulling. This, along with the spygate stuff brings the whole thing in question, no? The validity of their wins will always be questioned.

Baltimore was a game of inches. Probably should have lost if it was on the up and up

Okay, so I guess we going to start this again. You see no pattern with this team ? Will this not be the 2nd time they will be disciplined for breaking the rules around competition?

Is it really a leap to think they would break other rules as well?

NOPE.

I NEVER said they didn't cheat. I knew it was a possibility. I just don't think it's that serious of a transgression.

A fine, a short suspension. That's fair to me.

Stripped of Titles? A year suspension?....Bitter loser talk.

It's about more than the deflating.

This is an organization that has been repeatedly implicated for breaking the rules despite being warned many times over. Furthermore, the incredulity and belligerence they displayed during the investigation shows just how little respect they have for the rules and the need to abide by them.

As I said in the beginning, there are 3 stages to a Patriots' cheating scandal:

1) We didn't do it.

2) IF we did it, then it certainly didn't give us any kind of advantage.

3) IF we did it, AND it gave us an advantage, then everybody else was doing it too.

Hopefully, this particular scandal will have a stage 4: punishment.

QB tosses around a few game-balls, and says to the equipment guy "these feel a little too hard".... I think that likely happens now and then, around the league. You would feel that too, if this situation involved a successful Bills QB.

i don't think so. It shows the only culprits are brady and the two ball guys. Shows Belichick and Kraft didn't know and brady lied to them. A draft pick is an organizational punishment. Player Suspension more likely. That's why ray farmer was suspended and they didn't get an organizational punishment for his illegal texts.

Good point. I just think there was a reason this was held to after the draft ....Wells knew what the findings were last week. Now,mother question is did they just feel like this was dropping the news on the Friday before Memroial day and if released last week taints the whole draft?

I really want to hear Harrison and Bruski defend their boy on this.

in other words...we have no proof brady knew.....but it's the patriots, so he must be guilty

Do you realize that in non criminal cases/investigations, this is the standard used to determine guilt? It's not beyond a reasonable doubt as in a criminal investigation. This is why OJ wasn't convicted of his criminal trial but was for his civil one. Stop trying to defend them. This verbiage pisses me off because Pats apologists and their lousy fans are going to harp on this, not knowing what they're talking about.

Edited by ko12010