RD 7, Pick 234: WR Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas

What part of....."if he is drafted past the 2nd round he was going to not sign a contract and re enter next years draft" is not seeking in here?

Sometimes people do differently than what they say. Have you not noticed this?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes people do differently than what they say. Have you not noticed this?

Collins absolutely was NOT signing if drafted in Day 3. If he was drafted and refused to sign a contract, that was his ticket into the 2016 draft. I'm almost sure that's why no one even took a "just in case" 7th round flier on him

if you skip to 1:22 you'll see him make a catch around a defenders back. Pretty amazing

Amazing, yes, but why didn't he stop and go up high to make that grab? That's the whole point of being a tall receiver.

if you skip to 1:22 you'll see him make a catch around a defenders back. Pretty amazing

That was a helluva catch.

It probably would not have been a catch in the NFL.

The way they're ruling catches in the EZ these days.

It certainly wouldn't be a catch against the Pats*.

Would be though if Dezmin were a Pat*.

There was another WR we took in the 7th. A Steven Johnson, or something. Whatever happened to him?

That was a helluva catch.

It was but the DB didn't have the sense to back out of his grip and make him lose the ball. Still he made the catch.

There was another WR we took in the 7th. A Steven Johnson, or something. Whatever happened to him?

It was but the DB didn't have the sense to back out of his grip and make him lose the ball. Still he made the catch.

The ref seemed to throw the flag for D PI on that play. I think thats why he couldn't high point it. I am interested to see how he develops in a couple of years. Maybe he could be a good replacement for Harvin after next year.

The ref seemed to throw the flag for D PI on that play. I think thats why he couldn't high point it. I am interested to see how he develops in a couple of years. Maybe he could be a good replacement for Harvin after next year.

there are a couple bills analysts who are predicting he will be our wr3 in 2016

This year's Da'Rick? :P

This is where I was hoping Whaley would show some imagination. Offer him the money he would have earned as a first rounder, maybe the money he would have earned with the 20th pick, on the condition that everything works out legally, of course. Everyone wins. Still could do it.

That's a violation of the CBA.

Nothing is a violation if you put your mind to it! If we can draft Johnny Football after his freshman year, we should be able to figure out a way to draft Collins in the 7th round but pay him 1st round money. Here's an idea: since we didn't have a 1st-round pick on Day 1, maybe we could've used a 1st-round pick on Day 3. I.e., when we get up to announce pick #234, announce that Collins is the 33rd pick of the 1st round. Then the rookie pool gets adjusted accordingly and we're good to go. Too bad Whaley didn't have any imagination; I think this really could've been a winner.

Damond Talbot said this kid is the best prospect he's analyzed in his 10 years in the biz. I'll be curious to see if he turns out to be something.

Unfortunately Damond has only analyzed five prospects in the past ten years, and four of them played at Hobart.