RD 7, Pick 234: WR Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football speed, not run in shorts speed. His play showed it. That is why he fell. Work out warrior. The kid will do well due to size and hands in the Red Zone if he toughens up against better competition. This is a good pick up

oh ok. I didn't ever see him play.

From ESPN:

What he brings: Lewis has an above-average combination of size (6-4, 214) and strength to go along with adequate top-end speed. While he needs to add polish with his routes and do a better job of finishing at the top of his stem, he does flash the ability to create late separation and win in one-on-one contested battles.

LOL! -This kid has a shot, people, but it's a VERY long one IMO... He requires significant remedial coaching. Especially when it comes to running routes... Lewis is the RAWEST prospect we've taken in YEARS. Welcome to the PS kid! -IF your'e incredibly lucky. :pirate:

Edited by #34fan

He was a projected 4th rounder.

So, the projections were incorrect. Those projections were built based on his play and measurables. What makes you think that one measurable that went into his overall projection (maybe the most important measurable too) caused him to drop? Everyone knew how fast he ran, didn't they?

Really good range and can high point the ball well. Big receiver.

Not sure that TD where he caught the ball and the DB would have been ruled a TD in the EN EF EL. Well, not against the Pats* anyway. Don't think he demonstrated possession and control of the ball in the end zone and displayed a football move - unless the refs consider the tango steps a football move. B-)

Maybe they read your suggestions.

:w00t:

I'm not so sure that you can say someone from Central Arkansas fell.

:lol:

LOL! -This kid has a shot, people, but it's a VERY long one IMO... He requires significant remedial coaching. Especially when it comes to running routes... Lewis is the RAWEST prospect we've taken in YEARS. Welcome to the PS kid! -IF your'e incredibly lucky. :pirate:

Agreed, they should have used that 7th round pick on a future HOFer. I don't understand why they'd pick a project with upside instead.

Agreed, they should have used that 7th round pick on a future HOFer. I don't understand why they'd pick a project with upside instead.

Apparently #34 doesn't remember Jasper et al if he thinks Lewis is the rawest prospect the Bills have taken in YEARS.

A seventh round pick this year, at any position, is 95% destined to the PS. The only chance was a guy like OLeary, who will make the team, but he was already taken.

I thought this was a very good draft for the Bills... a lot of undervalued players. IMO they took advantage of market inefficiency.

Like everyone else, I'm just a fan, not a pro scout. But I finally had a chance to read up on these picks and watch some tape, and I generally agree with this assessment. Without a first round pick, Whaley did what every GM does: a few great athletes with high upside to go with on/off field issues (Darby and Karlos Williams), a few high floor/limited ceiling guys who fill positional needs and look ready to contribute right away (G Miller, TE O'Leary) some who are a combination of the two (LB Steward), and one small program guy who's really intriguing in WR Lewis. So like everyone else, I don't really know enough to say "great draft" or "awful draft" or anything like that. I'll just say "typical draft" -- sometimes you take a guy who's a reach because you've got to find some serious athletic talent in every draft, sometimes you take a guy you're reasonably certain will be there for you and will do at least an adequate job.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I was explaining to the optimists of the board exactly who we drafted... -Outstanding special olympics catch, nevertheless. :lol:

Apparently #34 doesn't remember Jasper et al if he thinks Lewis is the rawest prospect the Bills have taken in YEARS.

Yah, and what year was he taken? :doh:*sigh* -Kirby I can accept, but I know for a FACT that you're smarter than this.

I know you're being sarcastic, but La'el Collins does have future HOF talent, at least potentially, and they could have taken a flier on him rather than draft training camp fodder. Low risk, very very high reward.

I know you're being sarcastic, but La'el Collins does have future HOF talent, at least potentially, and they could have taken a flier on him rather than draft training camp fodder. Low risk, very very high reward.

I was on the Collins train. I was all for acquiring him.

With that being said I don't think Lewis was brought in to be a warm body. He's 6'4" which is something that the receiving core doesn't have. He was projected by many as a 3rd-4th rounder so there is some value there and he had a good Sr. Bowl week. My point earlier is that this would seem like a tough 7th round pick to take aim at. The Bills stuck to their board and took BPA.

What part of....."if he is drafted past the 2nd round he was going to not sign a contract and re enter next years draft" is not seeking in here?

What part of....."if he is drafted past the 2nd round he was going to not sign a contract and re enter next years draft" is not seeking in here?

This is where I was hoping Whaley would show some imagination. Offer him the money he would have earned as a first rounder, maybe the money he would have earned with the 20th pick, on the condition that everything works out legally, of course. Everyone wins. Still could do it.

This is where I was hoping Whaley would show some imagination. Offer him the money he would have earned as a first rounder, maybe the money he would have earned with the 20th pick, on the condition that everything works out legally, of course. Everyone wins. Still could do it.

That's a violation of the CBA.

get thee to the La'el Collins thread so you understand the situation.